fifteen; ignored

This Ain't Magic, This is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, she went home and Mrs Kwon talked to her asking her if how's she doing. Mrs Kwon told her about her health condition and that she was actually doing well. "That's great to hear, ajumoni." Rina said, feeling happy for her. "I'm happy for you. I know the boys miss you already." She told her.

Mrs Kwon smiled. "Yeah, I miss them too. I can't wait to get back to work already. But Rina-yah, I don't think the company will still keep you the moment I'm back." She said that made her smile frozen. She was expecting that actually. But it was too soon, right? "Are you okay, Rina-yah?" The older woman asked her. She probably noticed the sudden smile on her face.

"I-I'm fine, ajumoni." She fixed a smile.

"I can ask the company to keep you, don't worry." She said that made her hopes rose back. "I'll ask them to keep you as one of the staff. I know you're doing good with your job."

"Thanks, ajumoni." She said gratefully.

"Thank you too for doing this for me."

"Oh, hush. It's not really a big deal, ajumoni." She told the old woman. "I'm thankful that you've recommended me."

Mrs Kwon smiled at her as she patted her cheek. "I know you are capable of doing this kind of work. You're born at it." She said and she laughed. Rina muttered her thanks again before she went inside her house. Once inside, she found Jongkyu on the couch busy with his phone. He was smiling like an idiot and didn't even notice her presence. Frowning, she stopped behind him and heard him giggling as he stared at whatever on his phone.

"Yah~" she said but he still he was unaware. "Yah!" This time, she knocked his head.

"Ow~" he yelped. "What the hell is wrong with you noona?"

"What's with the giggling?" She asked him instead. "It's so not you. Please. Stop doing that. You sound like you're inlove—oh my goodness! You are!"

"Sshh!" Jongkyu hushed her. "Could you please lower your voice down?" He said. Rina immediately circled around to sit beside her younger brother, her eyes beaming wide at him.

"Tell me," Rina said. "Are you and Minjoo...?"  She trailed off, but her eyes were asking him the same question.

Jongkyu beamed. "Yes, noona—"

"Oh my gosh!" She squealed and pulled Jongkyu's hair. "You little young man—"

"Noona, stop it." He gripped her wrist making her stopped in pulling his hair. "That's the reason why I don't want to tell you at first because I knew that would be your reaction. Goodness, you can pull the roots of my hair like a ." He muttered and Rina only laughed.

"I'm not expecting you to be real like, it's so soon you know." She told him.

"Well, Minjoo likes me too. She told me that. And besides, we're official dating." He said. Then he looked at her with seriousness in his eyes. "Don't tell me you're against at it because she's Kim Sunggyu's sister."

"No, I'm not of course." She said honestly. "But did her brother knew about this already?"

"Not yet." He muttered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter