The Problem With Aimee

Second Chance

Aimee's POV

"Omo! Best friend why didn't you tell me you had amnesia?" 

Her scream brought me out of my thoughts. "What? No pabo! Of course I don't have amnesia! How long have you known me! I just said that as my excuse," I explained to MinJi and HyeRi as I put away the groceries. MinJi was sitting on the counter handing me items and HyeRi was sitting at the table waiting for ice cream. 

"Then why didn't you say that? You could have said 'I hate you' or you could've screamed or something, why did you say 'who are you?' Do you think he's actually gonna fall for that?" MinJi asked. 
 
"I was surprised okay! Of course I tried to forget about him, I was caught off guard when I saw him. It took me a second to realize it was him. His hair is longer. The amnesia is just my alibi in case I ever see him again. And I don't care if he believes it or not," I answered, "Now can you please hand me the jam?"
 
photo image_zps3789e037.jpg
(This is MinJi)
 
"Thanks," I said as I put it in the fridge.
 
"So you're planning to see him again?" HyeRi asked.
 
"Aniyo, of course not," I told her while passing her a tub of ice cream, "Here's your ice cream."
 
image_zps777e262d.jpg
(This is HyeRi.)
 
"Yay!" she squealed as she grabbed a spoon and immediately dug in. 
 
MinJi then said, "All right let's start from the beginning again."
 
I sighed as I began to explain, again, "Fine. I was getting shampoo and I saw the shampoo Joon used to use. I bent down to look at it and then he reached over to grab some. I freaked out because I thought that it could've been Joon, because they used to have the same hair color, so I got up and walked away. I thought maybe he was following me or whatever, but I think I lost him by the feminine products. When I was getting ice cream, he walked up to me and said, 'Hi Aimee.' I was surprised at who it was, so I said, 'Who are you?' And when he looked confused, I realized that it was him and I realized how dumb I just sounded, so that's when I lied about the amnesia. Then I left. End of story." 
 
"Ohh, okay," MinJi said.
 
"So what if he finds you? Or us?" HyeRi asked with a mouthful of ice cream.
 
"He doesn't know you guys, I met you guys after the wedding. If he finds you it doesn't matter. If I see him, I play the amnesia card. Plain and simple." 
 
"What if you start to fall for him again and you forget what he did to you?" MinJi asked.
 
I looked at her straight in the eye and said, "I will never forget that."
 
~<3~
 
image_zps43626633.jpg
 
After I put away the groceries, I went to my room and took a nice long nap. I can't believe I saw him again today. It's been so long. When I closed my eyes, I dreamt of that day:
 
*Flashback*
 
That day I woke up with a huge smile on my face. I woke up early so I could visit my mom and dad at their graves. I told them about how wonderful Mir was, and how I'm glad he was the one for me. When I left, the sun had come up and it was beautiful. I could feel that today was going to be perfect.
 
My bridesmaids met me at the door. They helped me get into my dress and do my hair and makeup. When I stood in front of the mirror, I felt beautiful. 
 
When we got to the church, everything had already been set up perfectly. The decorations were beautiful, and then someone handed me my bouquet. I realized that it was time. I was nervous of course, but I was ready. I knew that Mir would be there waiting for me at the end of the aisle, and I was happy. 
 
When those church doors opened, my eyes immediately searched for Mir's. I almost missed my cue, but I started walking with confidence. I'm pretty sure I was walking too slow, but I didn't care. Today was my day, no our day, and it will be remembered for the rest of our lives. He looked great. I can't think of any other time where he looked as handsome as he does now.
 
I was almost halfway down the aisle when I noticed something was wrong. When I had begun walking, Mir was smiling, now he wasn't. He looked almost sad. What's going on? Is he okay? I realized he wasn't looking me in the eyes anymore, but I continued walking and smiling anyways. We could talk about it later right? When we were at the altar? We have forever together, right?
 
mir.jpg?w=640&h=360
 
When I was halfway down the aisle, Mir finally looked up at me. All I could see were pain in his eyes.
 
And then he ran.
 
*End Flashback*
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
I woke up with a start. It's been awhile since I had that nightmare. I looked at my clock and realized that it was time for dinner. I grabbed my blanket and went downstairs. I took a seat at the table. MinJi and HyeRi looked at me funny, probably because my hair was a mess, and I was in my pajamas. "Aimee, you okay?" MinJi asked.
 
"I'm fine Min Min," I said, "I just took a nap and I'm still a little tired."
 
"Did you have a bad dream or something?" said HyeRi.
 
"You could say that. It was this dream I had about Mir. I used to have it every night after the wedding, but it stopped after I met you guys. I guess seeing him today brought it back up," I told her.
 
"Man, I really wanna see this guy. I bet he's ugly.... I'm gonna beat him up for you," HyeRi threatened.
 
"Haha, thanks Oppa, but my life would be much better off if I didn't see him at all," I said. 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Teehee! Hey guys... sooooo.... yeah the amnesia isn't real XD but it makes for an interesting story! Props to xforeverwithyou for figuring it out ^.^
 
Please comment your thoughts. I really like hearing your feedback!
 
I have no life so I'll probably update again tomorrow. Enjoy :)
 
<3