The Runaway Groom

Second Chance

Mir's POV

I still remember it as though it was yesterday.

*Begin Flashback*

I woke up that day with a smile on my face. I counted down the minutes until the hyungs would come to pick me up. That day was perfect. The weather was beautiful and everything had been set up perfectly. We had a simple motif, nothing too fancy but perfect for us. All the decorations were blue and white. Most of the flowers were red tulips; her favorite kind. They were gathered in bouquets all around the church.

We were having a relatively small wedding, just for our close friends and family. We wanted it to be a special day we would remember and cherish for the rest of our lives. 

It was impossible to not smile for me. I was too happy. I was excited to be taking this step. I was marrying an amazing woman, and she somehow felt the same about me. People might have told us we were young and dumb, but I tried not to listen. I just wanted to spend my future with her.

At noon, we were ready to begin. I watched as my best friends walked down the aisle. I couldn't decide who my best man should be, so they fought it out amongst themselves, and Joon won. I took my place next to him at the altar and turned to smile at my sister who wouldn't stop taking pictures. 

The bridesmaids were lovely, but I couldn't keep my attention on them. My excitement grew as the flower girls led the way with their soft petals. I couldn't wait to see her. I'm sure she looks beautiful. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the music started and the church doors opened.

And then I saw her.

If I ever thought that I had seen her at her best, I was dead wrong. She looked absolutely gorgeous. Her face was covered by a thin white veil, and her dress was so flattering it left me speechless.

inexpensive-wedding-gown-1.jpg

She began to walk down the aisle towards me. She took slow but graceful steps. I can't believe how lucky I was to be with her. And soon she'll be all mine. We are going to have a life together. Someday we are going to have beautiful children together. We are going to buy a big house to live in. She'll be an amazing photographer with her own store, just like she always dreamed of. Amd I'll be right beside her doing.....

Doing what exactly? I don't have a career. I don't have any dreams like she does. While she is going for her dreams, what am I going to do? Of course I'll support her.... But won't I just drag her down? She'll be providing for the both of us, and I'm just no help? I can't even cook to save my life!

If that happens, she'll be sad right? What the heck am I doing? I'm just going to ruin her life if I go through with this wedding! I can't let that happen! 

What am I going to do? Mir you pabo! Why didn't I think of this sooner? How am I going to stop my own wedding? Unless... That's it! I'm going to have to run. I hate to do it, but I have to. 
 
How long have I been thinking about this? I have to do this now before it's too late! I finally noticed how far away she was. She was already halfway down the aisle. She was still walking slow. I wonder what my face looked like. I realized I wasn't smiling anymore, and I was looking down.
 
I raised my eyes to meet hers. She was so beautiful.....
 
And then I ran.
 
Mianhe Aimee. This is better for you.
 
*flashback end*
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
The hyungs continued to make fun of me for the rest of the night while I just silently took it all from them. They must've noticed my mood change because by the time Seungho left for his honeymoon, the jokes had stopped and everyone was quiet. 
 
I left soon after Seungho did. I didn't have anymore reason to stay. The drive home was longer than usual. My mind was just blank. I didn't know what to think.
 
The minute I got into my apartment, I collapsed on my bed. I was drained of my energy. I fell asleep soon afterwards.
 
~<3~
 
I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I let it go to voice mail because I was too lazy to pick it up. A few seconds later, the phone rang again. This time I answered the phone.
 
"Yoboseyo?"
 
"YAH! MIR! Wake up! It's already 11 AM! I've been trying to call you for the past 3 hours!" screamed Rain hyung into the phone.
 
I shot straight up in my bed. "Mianhe hyung, I got really tired after the wedding."
 
"I don't care! You've got work to do! Go dress up. I've already sent G.O, Joon, and Cheondoong to your apartment. They'll be there soon. I expect you all back here by 2PM!" He hung up before I could answer.
 
Geez, isn't Rain hyung being a little harsh? Seungho just got married last night, don't we get a little rest?
 
I got up brushed my teeth, washed my face and looked for the cleanest clothes I have. I don't usually put effort into what I wear to work. Most of the customers don't care anyways. Rain owns a few small convenience stores and food places around the area. I usually work at his stores and pick up a few part-time jobs to make a living. Rent at my apartment isn't high so it's okay for now. I want to find a career though. Part-time jobs at restaurants and convenience stores aren't exactly screaming successful. 
 
I wish I could be like my hyungs, they all have careers. Seungho works as a computer programmer, G.O is a writer, Joon is a model/actor, and Cheondoong is a music producer. Of course they all work at Rain's part-time, but they all have careers; I'm the only one who doesn't know what to do with my life. I guess I haven't changed much. 
 
My phone buzzed when I got a text from Joon hyung.
 
From: Muscle Pabo
 
Come out, we are here now. 
 
I quickly met them outside. They came in the big, red pickup truck. G.O was driving and Joon was riding in the front seat. I slid into the back with Cheondoong. 
 
"What are we getting for Rain?" I asked as I buckled my seatbelt. 
 
"Nothing much, a few groceries and some boxes. A lot of the usual," answered G.O hyung.
 
"Then why am I here? Everyone knows the muscle pabo does the heavy lifting," I said.
 
"Yah! I'm not a pabo!" Joon exclaime, "Hyung wanted us to check up on you and make sure you're okay."
 
"Well I'm fine. Nothing's wrong," I replied.
 
"You can't lie to us Mir, we're your best friends. We already know you're allergic to weddings," Cheondoong said.
 
I just silently stared out the window as G.O drove us to the grocery store.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Annyeonghaseyo! Author-nim here. So it's moving kinda slow, but I'll try to update whenever I can. Thank you to my lovely subscribers! <3

vleenie

yoeler

kicko24

Dalily

totorerere

Thank you for supporting me! Please comment :)