Lunch Date

Second Chance

MinJi's POV

"You guys can sit in the back," Mir said.

"Gomawo hyung!" HyeRi replied happily.

I slid into the backseat quietly. I didn't want to say anything about Aimee, but I truly believe this lunch is a bad idea. I stared out the window and listened to HyeRi make small talk about K-pop, food and other random stuff. My mind was preoccupied though. I'm really worried about how Aimee is gonna react to this.

HyeRi must've seen the worried expression on my face because she whispered quietly to me, "MinMin, are you okay?"

I nodded and whispered to her, " I'm worried about Unnie. She's gonna be mad when she finds out we went out with them."

"It's okay, I'll handle it."

I breathed a sigh of relief. Even if Oppa is lazy, I can always count on her. Just then we pulled into a parking spot. "We're here!" Mir announced.

"This place has really good kimbap," Joon added.

I clapped my hands and said, "Yay! I love kimbap!"

As I unbuckled my seatbelt, Joon rushed out of the car to open my door. I blushed and said a quiet thanks as he let the way inside.

We all went inside and a waitress led us to our table. She was kind of pretty, but she was wearing a lot of make-up. She had a simple white and black uniform, and really long brown hair. 

Ulzzang-fashion-uzzlang-world-33847373-5

(Just imagine her face xD)

She gave us a booth to sit at. Mir and Joon sat on one side (Mir was on the inside), while HyeRi and I sat on the other side (HyeRi sat on the inside). When we were all seated, our waitress gave us our menus and introduced herself, "Annyeonghaseyo! In-Hye-imnida. I will be your waitress for today. I'll be back in one moment." She walked away.

I looked over the menu briefly. I'm really not that hungry, so I'll just order some kimbap. 

Then Mir announced, "Order whatever you wait. Hyung and I will pay for everything."

HyeRi's eyes widened, "Chinja?! Gomawo hyung!" she exclaimed.

"Aniyo Mir. You paid for all the pictures, so this lunch is my treat," Joon said. He stared right at me so I blushed and said, "Kamsahamnida Joon-ssi."

"Please feel free to speak informally to me. We are friends now. Just call me Joon," he said with a smile.

I nodded slightly, "Arrasso."

Just then In-Hye came back and took our drink orders. Then she took a glance and Joon and exclaimed, "OMO! Aren't you Lee Joon? Weren't you in an ad for LECAF? Wow! You're so much more handsome in real life!" she giggled.

I watched Joon as he slightly smiled and said, "Ah ne. Kamsahamnida. Please continue your support of me."

"I'll be right back with your drinks!" she said with a new exitement.

When she was out of an earshot, Mir sighed and said, "Aish Joon. Another fangirl?"

"What am I supposed to do? LECAF paid a lot!" Joon snapped.

Meanwhile HyeRi was bouncing in her seat, "Wow! That was so cool! She knew exactly who you were, like a celebrity! I'm eating lunch with a famous person! That is so cool!!!"

I on the other hand, was confused. Who cares about her? Suddenly, that waitress came back with our drinks. Then she put down a mango smoothie in front of Joon. Then she gave him a napkin with writing on it. "What's this?" Joon asked.

"The mango smoothie is from me, on the house," she said with a wink, "and that's my number. Call me sometime."

She walked away and suddenly all I could see was RED! Who is she and why does she think Joon is interested? Isn't she trying too hard? and why does she think she can take Joon away? Ba-dum. What the heck? What's wrong with my heart? Wait, did I just think that about Joon? What's wrong with me?

~<3~

Joon's POV

Tch. I love fans, but I really hate the girls that come on to me like that. I want to be the one chasing the girl, not the other way around. But I had to be polite so I just gave her a small smile and said thank you. 

When she was gone I told everyone, "I don't drink smoothies, does anyone want this?"

"I would but it's too healthy for me," HyeRi said.

I offered it to MinJi,  "Would you like it?"

She crossed her arms and replied, "No, thanks." Huh? Is she mad at me? Did I do something wrong? Think Joon think!

Mir brought me out of my thoughts, "I'll take the smoothie hyung."

I handed him the smoothie. Maybe I'm just imagining things. I looked over at HyeRi. She was drawing something on a napkin. "What's that?" I asked.

"Oh it's nothing. Just some doodles. Oh my gosh look at that!" she said and pointed behind me. Mir and I turned around but didn't see anything.

She laughed, "Haha made you look." Mir chuckled but I noticed something was a little off... I looked at MinJi, but she was reading a napkin. Wait... Reading a napkin?!? Isn't that the napkin HyeRi was drawing on? Oh.... I get it. HyeRi must've been writing a note for MinJi but she didn't want us to know. Okay, I'll pretend like I don't know. 

That waitress came back. She looked annoyed to see Mir drinking the smoothie. She turned to me and asked, "Are you and your friends ready to order Joon?"

Ugh, could she be any more subtle? and how rude, she doesn't even know me and she's calling me as though I'm her friend. I considered telling her off, but decided against it.

MinJi suddenly said, "I'll be having 1 order of kimbap." She had an even harsher tone towards In-Hye than she had towards me. Was In-Hye the reason why MinJi is mad?

Then Hye-Ri ordered, "I'll have 2 orders of kimbap, bulgogi, bibimbap, some kimchi fried rice, japchae, and some donkatsu."

Mir and I stared at her with our jaws wide open. Can she really eat that much? And then I gulped. I realized that I'm going to pay for all of that. HyeRi just smiled and said, "We can all share."

"Mmmm, I'll just have some deukbokki," Mir said after a long while.

I looked at the menu (mostly the prices) and said, "I'm not really that hungry. I'll just have 1 order of kimbap too."

In-Hye repeated our orders back to us and walked away to put it in the kitchen. When she was out of an earshot Mir asked, "Can you really eat all of that HyeRi?"

"Aniyo. I was going to take some home for dinner. It's my turn to cook tonight, but I don't feel like it," was her reply. I mentally facepalmed. Mir hung his head down to hide his smile. HyeRi is really something.

After a few minutes of small talk, I noticed MinJi still hasn't said much since we got here. Her mood seems to be getting worse whenever In-Hye comes around. She glares at In-Hye whenever she flirts with me... Is MinJi jealous? OMO! That's it! It all adds up! The glaring, the sour attitude, the secret note passing to HyeRi.... She's not mad, just jealous! Awwww she's so cute! Look at her pouty face! I wanna pinch her cheeks.

I suddenly realized that I was staring at MinJi with this goofy smile on my face. She was staring back with a look of confusion on her face. How do I let her know I'm no interested in In-Hye at all?

Suddenly HyeRi announed, "I need to pee! MinMin come with me." They slid out of the booth quickly and went to the restroom. 

I turned to Mir to ask for advice when he suddenly said, "If you want MinJi to stop being jealous, just stop giving In-Hye attention."

"How'd you know I was going to ask that?"

"Hyung, it's written all over your face. HyeRi and I were just talking about it. If you and MinJi would stop having staring contests, you'd see we always make fun of you guys."

"So otteoke?"

"Well for starters, get to know MinJi. Ask her questions. Tell her stories. Be yourself. You'll find it really easy to ignore the rest of us if you really like her."

"You think it will work?" I asked.

"Yeah. She likes you."

"Don't say that. You don't know that yet," I reasoned.

"Okay, but she's definitely interested at least," he replied.

I took a sip of my water. "So what is HyeRi telling MinJi in the restroom?"

"Oh that? HyeRi actually had to use the bathroom. MinJi came because HyeRi doesn't like going alone."

"And how do you know that?"

"HyeRi told me. She likes to talk," Mir replied calmly. The girls came back to the table. I noticed how MinJi's face softened. I took that chance to start a conversation with her.

"So umm, MinJi, do you like kimbap?" That's the best you can do? Nice Joon. Real smooth. 

She smirked. "Yeah I love kimbap. I told you earlier."

"Oh that's right." I scratched my head and flipped my hair. I tried to look anywhere but at her. This is not going well. She told me that earlier, not it just seems like you don't pay attention. 

After that, an awkward silence filled the air between us. Mir and HyeRi talked next to us about random things. Books, ice cream, current idols. How do they make it look so easy? I took a chance and glanced back at MinJi. She was playing with her silverware and she looked bored. I tried to initiate another conversation. "So, um what other foods do you like?"

The corners of lifted into a small smile. "I like sushi too."

"Chinja? Why didn't you order sushi then? I like sushi too. I'll order you some. We can still get one-"

She interrupted me with a small giggle. "It's okay Joon. I don't want to impose. Besides, I'm not really that hungry anyways, gomawo. I appreciate your offer."

My name never sounded so beautiful. I smiled and replied, "It's really no trouble. Next time, just go ahead and order whatever you want."

She gave me a genuine smile and suddenly my heart filled with joy. Alright it's official. I like MinJi.

My ears finally tuned into Mir and HyeRi's conversation. "Look at Joon," Mir said in a not-so-quiet-whisper, "He's completely fallen for MinJi. You can tell. He can't keep his eyes off of her. I've never seen him act like this," I hear him say. But I don't care anymore. I just want to get to know more about this beautiful girl in front of me. 

"So what do you do at the shop?" I asked her.

She blushed slightly and said, "I'm more of a front desk attendant and an assisstant. I don't really take pictures unless it's like a photo booth or something small."

"A photo booth? Like the one at the mall? The machine thing?"

"Aniyo. People hire us out for parties and all I do is set up a camera and a backdrop. Aimee bought this software that automatically takes pictures and puts them to a background. The software prints them within seconds."

"Wow! That sounds so cool," I commented.

"Yeah I guess. It's fun. We usually put out fun hats sunglasses, wigs and masks to make it more fun."

"I'm sure people love that!" I exclaimed.

"The ones that know about the service love it, but most people don't know what a photobooth is."

"Why don't you guys advertise more?" I asked. 

HyeRi cut in, "Because Aimee is a meanie and always makes us work!" 

"Aniyo! She's not Oppa! Aimee has her reasons. She needs at least 2 people working at the store always. You only work 2 days a week anyways!" MinJi countered.

Mir and I chuckled at their light bantering. Mir asked, "Do you guys like working there?"

"Yeah I mean its fun to work with my best friends, but I get bored sometimes," MinJi answered.

"When is your day off?" I asked her.

She sighed and said, "Whenever I want really. AImee would let me go whenever, i just have nowhere to go."

"What do you mean?" 

"I don't really have any reason to take a day off. When I'm not working, I don't really do anything. And if I'm not working, Aimee and Oppa are. And I don't have a boyfriend so I don't really go out much."

I smiled when she told me that doesn't have a boyfriend. That means I have a chance...

Just then that waitress came with our food.She tried to get my attention several times but I ignored her. As she passed out the food, she kept leaning over me. I was really getting annoyed... She was blocking my view of MinJi! But I ignored her successfully.

After passing out the food In-Hye turned to me one last time and asked, "Anthing else you need Joon?"

Without looking at her I replied, "Ne, get me one order of the best sushi please." I looked up at MinJi and gave her a wink. She blushed and tried to hide her face. I smiled and quietly ate my kimbap. I was finished after a short while.

When I looked up at MinJi she had just started to eat her kimbap. I noticed that she ate the middle of her kimbap first. Then she ate the rest of it. She smiled happily and I stared at her in awe. She was so beautiful when she smiled. MinJi noticed me staring and said, "I know it's weird, but I think it tastes more special that way. You should try it."

"I don't have anymore right now, but next time I will," I replied.

She pouted a little and I had the sudden urge to pinch her cheeks again. I kept myself in control by sitting on my hands.

Her next move surprised me. She picked out the middle of the kimbap as if she was gonna eat it, but she held it out to me. I stared at it for a moment. What is she doing? Why is she giving me her food?

"Try it," she commanded. She moved her chopsticks closer to me. I finally realized that she was trying to feed me!

I tried to hide the color of my cheeks as I carefully took the kimbap middle from her chopsticks into my mouth. I chewed slowly and really began to taste the kimbap. MinJi was right, it tastes more special this way.

"Wow," I commented, "This tastes different, but the same you know?"

She nodded her head. "I think it's because all the rice masks the flavor of the filling."

I smiled. There was definitely something special about this girl.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Phew finally. That was a long chapter. I'm sorry I couldn't find a better picture. and sorry for typos guys, I was typing so much for school, I don't even want to think about spell checking any more than I have to.

Anyways, I'm hoping you guys are still sticking with me throughout my little story!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!!

I want to hear more feedback from you guys :3

So next chappie will probably be more Mir/Aimee action, and then G.O will come into the picture soon after ;)

Until then, author-nim out!

Saranghae

<3

P.S. If you like EXO, please go check out my other FanFic!!!!!

Link is in the previous chapter :)