Let The Chase Begin

Second Chance

Mir's POV

I'm sitting here on the front steps of the studio with 4 cups of coffee and some pastries in my other hand. I checked my watch: 7:57. It shouldn't be long now until Aimee comes. I should really thank HyeRi for giving me information.

I smiled thinking about our conversation yesterday.

*Begin flashback*

I was staring at MinJi and Joon, jealous of their easy relationship. I let out a sigh. I hope me and Aimee can be like that one day.

"Are you jealous or thinking of a special someone?" HyeRi suddenly asked me.

"Aniyo, I'm not jealous," I quickly replied.

"So you're thinking of someone? Who is it? Your girlfriend?"

"Aniyo! I don't have a girlfriend!"

"Mhm, sure. Then who is it?" she asked again.

I looked into her eyes. She seems trustworthy enough so I think I can tell her. "Truthfully, it's Aimee," I admitted.

"Aimee is your girlfriend?!" she exclaimed.

"Aniyo!" I quickly said and shushed her before anyone else heard. I looked at MinJi and Joon but luckily they were too absorbed in their conversation to pay attention to us. I took a deep breath before I began to explain it to HyeRi.

"Before her amnesia, I was in love with Aimee. We were in love. She was the best girlfriend I've ever had. But I made a mistake. A HUGE one, and we never saw each other again," I told her.

She looked at me with a little bit of wonder and asked, "What did you do? Did you cheat on her?"

"Aniyo! I was always loyal to her. I would never do that to her," I replied.

"Then what was your mistake?" she asked.

"I would rather not talk about it," was my reply. She didn't press any further. In fact she remained the most quiet since the first time we met. She looked like she was thinking really hard. I was about to ask but she beat me to it. "Do you still love her?"

I was surprised by her question. Do I still love her? I'm interested definitely, but do I love her?

I thought about it for a moment before I answered, "Molla, but at the very least, I want to make up for what I have done."

HyeRi nodded and told me, "For as long as I've known Aimee, she has never had a boyfriend. She tells me that she never has time or she's not interested in a relationship. I never pushed her, but I could tell that she was guarded. Now I think I know why."

It was hard to keep the guilt off of my face. I wonder how much HyeRi really knows. I was wrong about her. She's not just some silly girl, she's wiser than I could've ever guessed. No wonder they call her Oppa. She was like a whole new person.

"I know I only met you today, but I can tell you're a pretty good guy. Now I don't know what you did or why you did it, but I can tell you regret it. A lot. And let me remind you of something, Aimee is an amazing girl. She is older now and more mature since you last saw her. If you really mean it, I'm sure she'll forgive you for whatever you did. I can't speak for my baby sis number 1, but I think you will do the right thing."

I stared at her in awe. I was speechless. "I don't know what to say," I told her.

"Don't say anything. Just promise me you'll take care of Aimee."

I could only nod my head in response. I'm glad to know Aimee has been in good hands this entire time.

Suddenly In-Hye, our waitress, arrived with the food. "Yay!" HyeRi squealed, and it was as if she flipped a switch back to her fun, bubbly self again.

*End Flashback*

I'm happy to know I have her "Oppa's" blessing. HyeRi reminds me G.O in a way. Silly most of the time but serious when it comes down to it. I should introduce them one day.

All of a sudden, I saw a van pull in. I couldn't see inside but I'm sure it's Aimee. I ran to go meet her.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aimee's POV

I was having a decent morning despite what happened last night. Oppa and MinMin came home telling me about Mir and Joon. Apparently, Oppa made them buy her lunch. Tch, good for them. WIth the amount of food Oppa eays, I'm sure they had a hefty bill. And she brought home dinner. But I'm really annoyed that MinMin has completely fallen for the muscle pabo. That (unfortunately) increases my chances of seeing HIM. Oh well, I'll just avoid him at MinMin's wedding.

Speaking of MinJi, I should wake her up now. She's sitting next to me sleeping. She was up late talking to Joon.

I sighed. I wish Hunter was here. His full name is K. Hunter but he never tells us what the K stands for. HyeRi calls him Kay because she thinks that he acts like a girl. He's been one of my best friends since I met him after the wedding. HyeRi and MinJi don't like him that much because he has a little bit of an ego, but I don't mind. He's cute anyways.

 

20130822_k-hunter_1.jpg

Hunter knows me almost as much as HyeRi and MinJi do.He's a musician so he has his own van. Whenever I have photoshoots, he helps me out by letting me use his van and by driving me around. He has a gig today so he can't help. I had to rent a van and driver for today.

We arrived at the shop at exactly 8:00. Right on schedule. I need to get my equipment and drop MinJi off at the shop.

I hopped out of the van and headed toward the shop. I figured MinJi could catch a few more minutes of sleep while I get some stuff first. All of a sudden someone stood in my way.

"Good morning!" Mir said. MIR?!?!?!  What is HE doing here??? He didn't even give me chance to reply when he offered, "Have you had breakfast yet? I have coffee and pastries."

Quickly I replied, "No thanks. I don't drink coffee. I have my own mug of tea. And yes I had breakfast already. You can offer some to MinJi, she's sleeping in the car. The driver looks like he could use something to wake up too. Excuse me, but I have to go inside." 

I walked around him and unlocked the door to the shop. I was mildly aware of him following me. I ignored him and turned my computer on to get the address of the shoot. While it was loading, I asked him, "Why are you here? Was there something wrong with the pictures?"

"Aniyo," he said, "I came because I was looking for you yesterday and you weren't there, so I came today."

I finally looked at him straight in the eye. "Waeyo? Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"Aniyo. I just wanted to ask you out to lunch so we can catch up."

Tch. Sure, I bet you'll just lie straight to my face. "Ah I see. Mianhe, but I have a very important shoot today. MinJi will be here in the store taking calls today, maybe you can go with her."

"Um well I went out with MinJi and HyeRi yesterday. I was hoping to go with you. Maybe we can go after your shoot? Are you working alone today?"

How did he know that? "Ah ne. My chingu couldn't help me today. So I hired a driver but I'm going to do everything myself."

"Aniyo. I'll come with you to help," he replied.

"Mwoh? Aniyo, gwenchana-"

"I insist. That way I can help you, and we can finish earlier so we can get lunch afterwards," he interrupted.

"But this is an all day shoot! I'm sure you have something better to do with your day," I argued. Otteoke? How do I get rid of him?

"I'm free today. And all day you said? Okay, we can get dinner too," he said with a cheeky smile.

"Ah chakaman. I'm going to wake up MinJi," I said right before I ran out the door.

"Yah! MinMin! Wake up! Otteoke? Mir is here! He wants to come with me to the shoot! Palli!" I yelled at her shaking her roughly.

She got up groggily and rubbed her eyes. "Mwoh?" she asked.

"Help me!"

"Arasso, arasso. What do you want me to do?"

"Tell me what to do about Mir!"

"Chakaman, he's here? Again?"

"NE!"

"Well he's obviously chasing you," she commented.

"Tch, well he can chase all he wants, he's never gonna catch me."

"There you go. Let him chase you."

"Mwoh? Aniyo! I refuse," I pouted.

"That's not what I meant. Let him help, then make him tired. Let him think he's getting somewhere. Just make him tired of chasing you."

I thought about it for a moment. "How?"

"Yah! I gave you an idea, can't you think the rest for yourself? Aish, chinja. This Unnie is really-." I couldn't hear the rest because she began to mumble.

I ignored her last comment and started to walk away. "Gomawo dongsaengie! Palli, arachi? You need to take some calls and reschedule some appointments!"

I walked back into the shop and found Mir sitting in one of the chairs in the waiting room, munching on a pastry. When he saw me, he immediately stood up. He put the pastry down and wiped his hands on his pants. He gave me a small smile and asked, "So what do you need help with first?"

"Well for starters, you can help me move the equipment into the can."

"Arasso. Lead the way," he answered.

I led him into the studio and instructed him to move the pile of equipment into the van. I stood by and watched. I mentally laughed at him because I know that my equipment is pretty heavy. I told him I was looking for papers, but I've already gathered them all.

MinJi came in through the back door when Mir was about halfway through. She gave him a small wave and he waved back. I ignored their little transaction and gave her a list of appointments to confirm and she just nodded silently. I took a look at her and noticed she looked sad.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

She shook her head slightly and said, "Aniya. It's nothing."

I frowned. "It's not nothing, tell me."

She sighed. "I'm just thinking about today. I'm gonna be so bored and lonely here all by myself."

I thought about it for a second. She's never really worked by herself before. HyeRi usually works with her if I go to a shoot, but she has to work today at the ice cream store. I suddenly felt bad for making her work by herself today.

"Mianhe, donsaengie. I'll try to schedule my photoshoot better next time."

"Gwenchana. I'll just close up early and take a nap later, after I'm done scheduling, if you don't mind," she answered.

"Arasso. If you want you can go out later. Just call me when you want to be picked up."

"Ne, okay. Ka," she said pointing to Mir. I gave her a small smile and walked towards him.

A few moments later Mir finished loading the equipment into the van. He looked really tired, and I almost felt bad for him. Then I remembered, he volunteered himself.

Breathlessly, he asked, "Anything else you need me to do?"

I almost laughed out loud at how eager he was to help me out. He's like a cute, loyal puppy. WAIT! Aimee cut it out! He hurt you remember! Today is revenge! I shook the thoughts out of my head. "Aniyo. There's nothing left. I have all the papers here. We can leave now. Kaja."

I led him to the van when I suddenly stopped and realized something. "Chakaman. Will you be riding with us?"

"Ah ne, is that a problem?"

"Aniyo, but I'm afraid you'll have to sit in the back with all the equipment. There's not enough room in the front. Plus it would be helpful if you could take care of the camera," I said with a sweet smile. I was lying obviously but he believed me and said, "Arasso, I'll take care of it."

He climbed into a tiny, uncomfortable-looking corner of the van in the back and placed my camera bag in his lap. He looked so squished I almost took it back, but he gave me a big gummy smile. I gave him a 'fighting' sign and shut the door. I walked around the van and climbed into the passenger's seat. I gave the driver the address then I the radio. I turned it up loud to drown out my thoughts and guilt.

~3~

By the time we arrived at the venue about an hour later, all the guilt had washed away. I opened the back door and found Mir sleeping inbetween all the equipment. I woke him up by poking his cheek. He was startled and I had to stifle a giggle. "Yah we're here! You can get up now sleepyhead! Mianhe, you were stuck there because of me," I said with my best aegyo pout.

He quickly shook his head," Aniyo! Gwenchana! I volunteered, I should've thought it out first."

"Arasso, well we need to get moving. Can you help me move this stuff inside?"

"Of course!" He put the camera bag down and quickly stood up. I guess his legs were still asleep because the moment he stood up he fell over. He got up again (slowly), chuckled nervously and said, "Mian, I'm a clutz."

It took my everything not to laugh at him. I directed him to take a few things inside. Then I asked the driver to carry some stuff too. All I left in the van was a couple of tripods.

I led the driver and Mir to the elevator. I pushed the button for the 8th floor. While we were in the elevator, I thought about MinJi. I felt bad about leaving her alone... Maybe HyeRi can drop by on her break? No that won't work, HyeRi will get in trouble for taking too much time. What about... Noooo. Do I have to? Yes Aimee, you know she'll be really happy. But- No buts! I don't have his number. You have Mir and his phone. But- No more excuses Aimee! Call him!

I let out a deep sigh after warring with myself. We arrived at our floor and the three of us stepped off the elevator. I directed Mir and the driver to drop off the equipment by the door. I went to go look for the lady who hired me for today. After I talked to her, I told the driver where to hang around while we were at the shoot. Then I turned to Mir, who was standing by the door with his hands in his pockets.

I walked up to him. He smiled at me and asked, "Do you need my help?"

"Ah ne, sort of. May I borrow your phone?"

He rooted around in his pockets and pulled out his phone. While handing me the phone he asked, "Did you forget yours?"

"Aniyo. I have a favor to ask of Joon-ssi."

"Oh," he replied sadly.

I looked up from the phone and saw his sad expression. "I need him to be with MinJi for awhile. Don't worry, you're gonna be my personal assisstant today," I assured him with a smile. Then I realized what I said and walked away quickly.

I called Joon (speed dial number 3) and he picked up on the 4th ring.

"YAH! MIREU! Why did you wake me up from my nap?"

"Mianhe Joon-ssi. This is Aimee. I didn't mean to disturb you from your nap."

I heard a squeak and the sound of rustling sheets and then a loud thud. Then I heard some inaudible mumbling... Wait, did he just fall out of bed?!? PFFT! He's such a muscle pabo.

He came back saying, "Annyeong Aimee. What's up? Haven't talked to you in awhile."

"Ne I'm good. Thanks for asking. Are you busy today?"

"Aniyo I'm taking the day off."

YES! "If it's not too much trouble, could you visit MinJi at the store? She's working by herself today and I feel bad about leaving her alone. Could you be with her today?"

"Ne! Of course! I can go to her right now!" he screamed in my ear.

"Kamsahamnida Joon-ssi," I replied.

"No problem, it's my pleasure. And please let's not be formal anymore. It's weird for me to be formal now since I've known you for so long."

"Ah ne. Gomawo. See you later," I said as I hung up.

I prepared to walk back into the room. It's showtime.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Whew. What a long chapter. I hope you guys liked it. Does anyone read this anymore? I feel like no one does :(

Nobody comments anymore and it makes me sad.

Sorry for the super late update, school is hectic and homework takes my life away.

 

Let me know what you think in the comments! 

Thank you for your support!

Author-nim out!

Saranghae

<3