Disappointment

Second Chance

Mir's POV

I woke up early so I could prepare what I'm going to wear and what I'm gonna say when I see Aimee. I'm really nervous and excited. I wonder if she'll remember me? Did anyone tell her about me? Is she gonna wait for me today? Should I ask to see her again?

As I sat down to eat a quick breakfast, I checked my watch. It was only 8:45. I sighed and called Joon.

"Yoboseyo?" he asked when he answered.

"Hyung, what time do you want to go pick up the pictures?"

"Dude, I'm already waiting outside your building, come out now!"

"Chinja? Okay I'm coming out now," I told him. He hung up on me as I rushed to grab my keys and meet him outside. I greeted him as I slid into the passenger seat. 

He drove in silence. I just stared out the window counting the number of red cars we passed. I was at 47 when Joon parked near the shop. The place looked deserted. No cars, no people. Nothing.

"No one's here," I said out loud. I checked the time on my watch. "It's only 9:32. maybe they open at 10."

"No, they're hiding in the back waiting to surprise us," Joon said sarcastically. 

I ignored his comment and said, "Let's go hang around that mall over there and we can come back later.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

MinJi's POV

"Oppa! Hurry up! We're late already, I was supposed to open up hours ago! Palli palli!" I yelled.

"Alright, I'm coming already!" HyeRi called back.

I left her in the car and hurried ahead to open up. This is so annoying, no wonder Unnie hates opening... When I finally got the door open, I looked at the wall clock. Aish, it's already 10! I wonder if Unnie has left yet for her shoot... I walked to the front desk and checked the calendar. Luckily there were no appointments today, and no one usually walks in on Thursdays. I relaxed a little bit.

HyeRi came in a few seconds later. She was carrying her backpack and a reusable bag filled with papers. "What took you so long?" I asked her as I took the bag of papers from her. I needed to do some serious filing today.

"My backpack is heavy," she complained as she set it down in the back room.

"What's in it?"

She pulled out a blanket, a pillow and her iPod. "Naptime supplies."

I gave her an 'are-you-serious?' look and she just set up her supplies on one of the front couches. I swear HyeRi may be the oldest, but she is the most childish. I shook my head and ignored her. I doubt anyone will come in anyways.

While HyeRi took a nap, I started to file some old papers. It was mostly bills, month old receipts, and order copies. I was about halfway through when I heard the front door open. I peeked through the little window on the door to see who came in. I immediately ducked down and hid when I realized who it was. It's him! What's his name?... Mir! Otteoke? I should've listened to Unnie....

Just then I heard him start to talk, "Looks like no one is here again. Should we just leave hyung?"

Hyung? Gahhhh! He has someone with him?!? Oh wait... That's right. I talked to Joon-ssi yesterday. Maybe he's here! YAY! But aigoo... What do I tell Mir about Aimee?

"No the lights are on this time, and there's a car parked outside. Maybe they are in the studio again," I heard Joon say, "Hey! Who's that girl sleeping on the couch?"

Aaaah! OPPA! Wake up!!!! I rushed out of the backroom to talk to them. "Annyeonghaseyo! Nice to see you again. Mianhamnida about my chingu here, she's just lazy."

I did a quick bow and pulled the blanket off HyeRi. She immediately sat up and yelled, "Yah! Who took my blanket? It's cold!"

"Oppa, we have customers," I told her, wiggling my eyebrows to give her the sign that they are Aimee's friends. But she didn't catch it. She gave me a weird look. 

Just then Joon asked, "Why do you call your friend Oppa? Shouldn't she be Unnie?"

"Because I'm her big brother and she's my baby sister number 2!" HyeRi explained as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Joon and Mir still looked confused so I said, "Well Aimee is my Unnie, and it can get confusing if they are both Unnies. Plus she doesn't like the way 'Unnie' sounds, but she's older than me and Aimee, so we call her Oppa."

They seemed more satisfied with my answer so I said, "You guys must be here to pick up those pictures. I'll get them for you." 

I went to the back room to get their picture packet. When I came back out front, I heard HyeRi say, "I work here, but this isn't my real job. I work at an ice cream place down the road, close to our apartment. You guys should visit sometime!"

Mir smiled and said, "I love ice cream! Of course I'll be there!"

"You love ice cream too? High five!" HyeRi said while holding up her hand. When Mir was about to high five her, she moved her hand out of the way and laughed. "Haha! Gotcha!"

"Here are your pictures," I interrupted as I handed Joon the package. Our fingers briefly touched, but my whole arm is all tingly. That's weird.

He took the package with both hands and sat down to review them. He seemed really pleased with them. He smiled a lot. Joon has an amazing smile... Wait, what am I thinking?!?

Joon interrupted me out of my thoughts. "MinJi, would you like to see how they turned out?" he asked, gesturting to the seat beside him. 

I didn't tell him I'd already seen them when I organized them and packaged them. Instead I took his offer and sat next to him. He has such a great prescence. And he's such a warm person. Ba-dum. Huh? What was that?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

HyeRi's POV

I watched as my little dongsaengie flirted with that muscular guy. I stood up and stood next to the one that loves ice cream like me and said, "Aren't they so perfect for each other? They are soooooo cute together!"

He looked at them for a moment and said, "Yeah I guess so."

I held out my hand, "I never formally introduced myself. I'm HyeRi."

He looked at my hand and I realized that he thought I was going to trick him again. I laughed and said, "I won't trick you, I promise."

He shook my hand and said, "My name is Mir. That pabo over there is Joon."

Mir and Joon... Those names sound familiar... And they look familiar too... Where do I know them from? Were they old classmates? Neighbors? Oh well, it will come to me later.

"So when did you guys come in to take pictures?" I asked him.

"About 3 weeks ago. Aimee was here last time."

"Oh, you've met my Baby Sister #1?"

"Um yeah. Actually, I was uh close with her before her amnesia."

"Amnesia?" I asked. Chakaman! Aimee told her ex-fiance that she had amnesia when she met him at the grocery store. This must be him! No wonder he's so familiar! And his friend is the muscle model guy that MinMin was talking about! Oh my gosh I almost blew her cover! Think HyeRi think!

Quickly, I said, "Oh that's right. We met her after the accident so I don't know that much about it." Phew, good save. 

"Ah okay. Where is AImee?" he asked.

"She's with Kay on a job. I filled in for her today."

"Oh okay," he replied sadly. Awwwwww he looks so sad, like a lost puppy. 

"Why do you ask?" I questioned him.

"I wanted to ask her to lunch or something, so we can catch up. So I'm kinda disappointed that she's not here," he admitted shyly. He doesn't seem so bad. Maybe we should give him a chance.

"Well she's gonna be here tomorrow! I mean she's going to a photoshoot, so she'll be here really early. Kay can't be here, so she'll need some help. Maybe you can come and help? She might go somewhere with you after the shoot," I revealed to him, "But that's supposed to be confidential, so don't tell anybody! You didn't hear it from me."

"Well, I work the night shift at the restaurant tomorrow, so I can be there. Kamsahamnida!"

"No problem! And please don't be so formal with me," I added. 

"Okay," he replied, "You can call me Oppa."

"NOOOOO! I'm the Oppa! I'll call you Hyung!"

He looked at me weird and then I said, "Unless you wanna be baby sis number 3!"

Mir quickly shook his head and said, "No no. Hyung is fine. Or just Mir."

"Cool!"

It got kind of awkward for a little bit so I decided to mess with MinJi.

"MinMin! I know you like Joon and all, but keep it PG okay?"

MinJi blushed a deep, scarlet red and stood up away from Joon. "Aniyo! We weren't doing anything," she said shaking her head furiously.

Joon stood up, just as flustered as MinJi. "I was just showing her the pictures. And she doesn't like me."

Mir and I stood there laughing our heads off. Joon and Min couldn't look at each other or stand next to each other anymore. THey shuffled around looking like awkward penguins.

When I was done laughing, I asked Mir, "So what are you guys doing after this?"

"Um, I was expecting AImee to be here so I could aske her out to lunch. I guess there's nothing else," Mir replied.

"Well we get off for lunch in a couple minutes. Would you guys like to join us?" I asked Joon and Mir.

"Sure sounds good. I found this great restaurant down the street," Joon said.

"And then we can have ice cream!" I added.

MinJi waved her hands a little and said, "You guys go ahead, I still have more filing to do. Unnie is going to kill me when she finds out I waited until now to do it all again."

"Do you want us to help you? So you can come with us?" Joon offered.

"I swear I saw MinJi blush a little whenn she said, "Ummm sure. Kamsahamnida for the offer."

We all headed into the back room to start the filing. After about 5 minutes, I snuck out to take a nap. 3 pairs of hands should be enough.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mir's POV

I would be lying if I say I'm only a little disappointed that Aimee wasn't here. I was so ready to see her. I've been waiting for so long. I guess I'll have to wait one more day. At least HyeRi is nice. She's weird... but a good weird. She makes the mood feel better. Speaking of, where is she? Isn't she supposed to be help us finish filing these papers?

I took a peek outside and saw that she was sleeping again. What a silly girl.

When I looked at Joon he was staring at MinJi. Then she looked at Joon and he looked away and continued to stack papers. I realized how much of a third wheel I was being. I quickly filed my stack of receipts and slipped out quietly to give them some time together.

I tried not to disturb HyeRi as I explored the store a litte bit. It finally dawned on me how ridiculous our request must have been. This is so obviously a children's place! I looked at some pictures hanging on the walls. Of course they were all children, but they way they were shot is amazing. Aimee is truly amazing. She always was.

Aimee.... I wonder what people told her about me. Maybe they didn't tell her about me at all.

I heard the door open from behind me and Joon announced, "Alright filings done! Let's go eat!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

That was a long chapter LOL. Sorry, I'm trying to make up for lost time. Sorry for any typos, long day at school.

These next couple of chapters are gonna focus mainly on Joon and MinJi, because my dongsaengie deserves it. <3

Sorry if it's boring to the rest of you.

 

How do you guys like the story so far? Is it moving too slow? Too fast? Is it boring? Do you have any advice to make it better?  PLEASE let me know in the comments! I wanna hear your feedback.

Thank you for reading my fanfic! I love all of you subbies! 

And if you're reading this and you're not subscribed, DO IT! Go to the Foreword page and subscribe! Please? 

More to come again this weekend! So keep a lookout!

Author-nim out!

Saranghae

<3

 

P.S. CALLING ALL EXO FANS! CALLING ALL EXO FANS! I have a new FanFic starring EXO!!! It's brand new and I just updated the 1st chapter! It's about EXO at Disney World! So if it interests you Go check it out!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/534774/disney-world-with-exo-fluff-disney-exo-exok-exom