Phone Call

Second Chance

*3 weeks later*

Mir's POV

Ugh what's taking so long? It's been 3 weeks right? Do pictures really take that long to develop? How come she hasn't called? Arghhhhh this is so frustrating!

I paced behind the counter. I'm working at Rain hyung's store right now. No one else is here but G.O hyung and he's mopping up. It's almost closing time and I'm still distracted. It's been like this for weeks now. The hyungs haven't been much help either. They just tell me to be patient. How long have they known me?!? They should know that I don't wait for things.

I took a seat on the stool behind the cash register and let out a big sigh. Even if I wasn't worrying about Aimee, there was nothing to do here. There wasn't any customers. Suddenly, G.O hyung popped out from nowhere and said, "Yah Mireu! Go to Joon's. They need you there. I'll close up shop and meet you guys there with the food."

"Why didn't they call my cell? and why do they need me?"

"You left your cell phone at Joon's remember? and I don't know. Just go already. The faster you leave, the faster I can clean up and close the store."

I nodded and went to the back room to get my backpack. I waved goodbye to G.O before heading out to my car. I was speeding a little bit, but it sounds like it was urgent.

When I got to Joon's building I rang the buzzer so they would let me in. When they gave me access, I went rushed to Joon's apartment. Well not really apartment, more like penthouse. He has a private elevator and everything. It's really cool. 

photo image_zps4c506353.jpg

I stepped off the elevator and saw the hyungs waiting on the couch. Even Rain hyung was there. They were all watching TV. I took a seat next to Joon hyung and greeted them, "Hey what's up guys? Why'd you call?" 

I was ignored by all. I guess they didn't really need me after all. I relaxed on the couch and watched TV with them. About 40 minutes later, the bell rang and Joon let G.O in. When he came in he immediately started setting up the food on the dining table. "Food's here! Chinese tonight!"

In less than a minute, all 6 of us were surrounding the table digging in. There was no words spoken other than the occasional, "Pass the rice please."

After a few minutes, G.O hyung commented, "You know Mireu is taking the news pretty calmly."

My head snapped up, "What news?"

He looked at me surprised then looked at Seungho, "You haven't told him yet?"

"Oh yeah. I forgot. We were watching something."

"Still waiting here."

Seungho nonchalantly said, "That photo place called. The pictures you guys took are ready, so you can go pick them up tomorrow."

I was in the middle of drinking my soda when he said that. I did a spit take, spewing soda all over poor Cheondoong hyung who was sitting right in front of me, but I didn't care. I stood up and screamed, "WHAT?!? How did you not tell me this sooner? How long ago? Should I call back? Who called? Was it Aimee? Who talked to her? Did you tell her I'll be there as soon as possible?"

Cheondoong hyung was very annoyed with me at this point and said, "Yah! Shut up! If you hadn't left your stupid phone you would've talked to her! And she called hours ago, the store is closed by now."

I passed him some napkins and said, "Mianhe hyung. I was surprised and excited to hear the news." 

"Whatever," and continued to eat.

Rain hyung said, "We didn't tell you right away because I told them not to. You were at work and if they had told you sooner, you would've left poor G.O all alone at the store."

"I guess so," I replied, "but seriously, what did she say?"

Joon answered, "Well for starters you should relax. Like a lot."

"But I can't hyung! Knowing that I missed a chance to talk to Aimee aga-"

"It wasn't her," Joon interrupted.

"What?" I asked.

Laughter filled the room as Joon explained, "You should listen more carefully. We said the photo shop called, not Aimee. It was MinJi."

"Oh."

"And for the record, I was the one who talked to MinJi," Joon added.

After a moment of silence, I asked, "So what did she say?"

"She asked to talk to you. When I told her you weren't there, she said she would call back but then I told her I'll take a message. That's when she told me that our pictures are ready and that we should come by tomorrow to get the pictures."

"Ok. Wait, we? Why we?"

"I'm coming too. MinJi said she was gonna be there. I wanna see her again."

We all gave him a weird look before he added, "Besides, over half of those pictures are me!"

I just shook my head and turned away from him. He doesn't matter right now. What matters is that I'm finally gonna see her again.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aimee's POV

"MinMin! How could you?" I screamed.

"What was I supposed to do? When I asked you what to do with the pictures you said, 'Get rid of them,' so I called him and told him to pick them up!" she yelled back.

"When I said 'Get rid of them' I meant to throw them away! Burn them! Cut them up! Do something! Not call him!" Good thing we were in the back room because we were LOUD.

She huffed at me, crossed her arms and said, "And then what? Have him call you back constantly with the excuse of, 'Um I didn't get my pictures, where are they?' " she said in a deep voice, trying to imitate a man's voice, "I did you a favor! Now he's one step closer to being out of your life completely!"

I sighed. "That's not the point," I explained, "I know you meant to do good but I was trying to hold off seeing him again."

"Mianhe unnie."

Suddenly the phone rang. "We aren't done talking about this," I warned her. I rushed out to the front desk to pick it up. "Hello this is Lifetime Memories. Aimee speaking, how may I help you?"

"Hi, hello, yes, I'm Mrs. Lee. I'm scheduled for a noon party on Saturday?"

I took a glance down at my calendar, "Yes ma'am, is there a problem?"

"Yes, well um you see, my son made the reservation for the wrong day. The party is actually tomorrow."

"Ah I see. Please hold ma'am while I check the availability." I put her on hold and started jumping for joy. MinJi looked at me weird. I ignored her and called Oppa on my cell. She picked up after two rings.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Oppa! Tomorrow's your day off right? From the ice cream shop? Can you take over for me? Please? Some lady got the date wrong so I have to cover it and you know I need two people working the shop."

"Awwwww but I hate working on my day off!"

"I know, I know. But I promise to buy you the new EXO album when it comes out!"

She stayed silent for a second then added, "And a big tub of ice cream?"

"Any flavor you want! Just please take over for me tomorrow with MinJi!"

"Arrasso. But I want that tub of ice cream when I get home!"

"YAY!!!! What flavor?"

"All of them!"

"Hehehe! I'll surprise you! Gomawo Oppa! Saranghae <3!"

I hung up on her and quickly picked up Mrs. Lee. "Hello ma'am I'm sorry about that wait. Luckily my schedule just opened up and I will be free tomorrow. Is it still the same time and address?"

"Oh ne! Kamsahamnida!"

"My pleasure ma'am. I will see you tomorrow. Goodbye!"

"Bye bye!" When she hung up, I immediately started jumping around.

MinJi came out and asked, "What are you so happy about?"

"I don't have to work tomorrow!" I sang in my singsong voice!

"MWOH?!?" she exclaimed.

"Yup! Mrs. Lee moved her appointment up and HyeRi is gonna take over for me here in the shop! That means you guys get to deal with that pabo! YAYYY!"

"Not fair unnie!" she pouted.

"HAHA! Mehrong! Have fun!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! Your author-nim here. Sorry for such a late update! I went out of my country for like a whole month and there was no WIFI! GRRRRR!!!!!!!

BUT I did write a lot of handwritten chapters soooooo! Updates will probably weekly! 

Thank you for your support! If you like my fanfic, please subscribe, comment, and tell your friends! ADVERTISE! haha jk! but please spread the love.

For now, I will leave you with this chapter. I will edit and add more this weekend probably. Hopefully. Most likely. Maybe. 

Hehe.

Author-nim out!

Saranghae <3