Wedding Woes

Second Chance

Mir's POV

I stood in the lobby of the church and noticed my surroundings. I looked outside of the main doors of the church and took note of the weather. The sun was shining brightly, there were no clouds to be seen, and the breeze was blowing at the perfect speed. The weather was calm and peaceful. It's the perfect day for a wedding.

Turning my attention back into the church, I examined all the decorations. There was beautiful, lacy fabrics along the pews and simple yet elegant flower arrangements set up around the church. I glanced over at guests. They were chatting happily, anxious and excited for the ceremony to start. My friends beside me were all smiling, ready to walk the aisle. 

All of a sudden, the wedding planner appeared out of nowhere and started whisper-yelling, "Alright guys it's showtime!"

I looked down at my watch, is it that time already? Suddenly, my good mood disappeared. I was beginning to get nervous. I wasn't exactly ready to have everyone staring at me. Everyone who knows me will judge me.

The music began playing, and Joon took the first steps into the church doors. I watched as he walked with confidence and stride. Soon after, Cheondoong walked right behind him, walking in perfect rhythm to the music. G.O. walked with the same aura of superiority he always exudes. Why can't I be more like my hyungs? They are so much manlier than me and-

"Yah! Mireu! Pay attention, you're up soon," Seungho hyung warned me. 

Oh crap! I'm not ready for this! What if I mess up? Oh geez, with my luck I'll end up tripping over the carpet or something... I nervously took my place at the start of the aisle and waited for my cue. I tried to calm myself down and keep the anxiety from showing up on my face.

When my cue came, I took slow, small steps towards the altar. I can't remember if I smiled; I can't even remember if I breathed. I kept my eyes on the altar and tried not to look at anyone in the congregation. I didn't want to look to see if anyone was staring or judging me. I can worry about that later. Right now I need to focus on putting one foot in front of the other to get to the front. I counted the steps to take my mind off of anything but walking.

......Seventy-three, seventy-four, seventy-five, seventy-six! There, I made it! I turned around and faced the doors of the church again. While the flower girls began to throw petals down the aisle, I took a peek at Seungho hyung. His face was calm, as usual, but I could see the smile creeping up on the corners of his mouth. I can tell that he's proud. After this I finally relaxed enough to enjoy the beauty before me.

And then the music changed. Everyone stood up and faced the back of the church. The doors opened and all you could see was HER. She was a vision in white, and she was beautiful. All my worries melted away, and I remembered why I was here.

She began walking towards the altar. She walked so gracefully, I'm positive I looked like I walked with a stick up my . She was smiling bigger than I've ever seen her smile before. I can't imagine how she could be any happier than in this moment.

When she arrived at the front of the church, she took Seungho-hyung's hand and together they stepped forward to begin their lives together.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The reception was lively and noisy. As best man, I said some long speech about how I was happy for hyung, but it turned out to be a long unrelated story. Thankfully, everyone pretended to be touched and clapped anyways. I have no idea why Seungho hyung chose me as his best man, any of the other guys would've done a much better job than me. He's probably trying to intentionally embarrass me.... But I'm very touched he chose me, I just wish I had more to offer. 

After the toasts were over, I sat with G.O, Joon, and Cheondoong hyungs at a table. They all had dates so no ine was really talking to me. I picked at my food while trying not to show emotion to the hyungs, if they saw that I was "sad" they would probably just tease me all night. I'm honestly really happy for hyung, but this place just reminds me of.... Nevermind. I don't want to think about that now. 

I watched as Seungho and his new wife, Ji-Hyun, shared their first dance together. Hyung practically floated along the dance floor, I was almost jealous. Then everyone else started to get up and dance leaving me alone at the table. *sigh* Forever alone: Bang Mir.

Three or four songs later, Joon noticed me sitting alone at the table. He called G.O and Cheondoon hyungs to come help cheer me up. 

"Mir, why are you just sitting there? There are plenty of single women here! Go pick one and ask her to dance," Joon hyung said.

"Ani hyung, no one here interests me," I replied.

"There's gotta be someone," G.O hyung said. He looked around the room and pointed to a nice-looking girl in the corner, "What about her? She's cute."

Jihyun-4minute-16715465-313-434.jpg

 

"5," I said bluntly.

"Geez, high standards much? What about that girl over there by the cake?" asked Cheondoong hyung.

2.jpg

(Pretend it's cake not bottles of wine xD)

"3." 

"What? But she looks exactly like that girl you said was your ideal type!" exclaimed Joon.

"No way, I like pretty girls," I said.

"Fine. We'll stay here until we find you a girl to dance with," G.O hyung said.

"Good luck with that."

"Fine what about that one?" Joon pointed out a girl with long hair. 

snsd-vita500-tiffany-wallpaper.jpg

"5."

"Aish you! There's only so many girls that can tolerate you AND be pretty," said G.O hyung.

"Hyungs, I appreciate the effort but I'm fine, I don't even want to dance."

"C'mon, what's your problem?" asked Cheondoong. 

"Nothing. Its just the atmosphere."

"Dude, if you don't get yourself a girl you're gonna be like this all your life," said Joon hyung. 

"What's wrong?" Seungho asked as he approached our table. His bride quickly followed with the photographer not far behind.

We took a few pictures before our conversation resumed, "Hyung, Mir's not in the festive mood. We are trying to find him a girl," Joon explained.

"Maybe he already has a girl," Seungho reasoned.

"Aniyo hyung," I said.

Ji-Hyun said, "Maybe, he found the perfect girl, but then he let her go."

A chorus of aahs followed. Oh no, please tell me they aren't gonna bring up--

Then Cheondoong said, "Do you think it was the school teacher?" I silently breathed a sigh of relief.

"Aniyo! She was caring-- TOO caring. She turned Mir into one of her students and babied him too much. I think it was the flight attendant. Yeah, didn't you say she was a dream?" G.O said.

"Yeah, she was dream alright. She would come one night and be gone in the morning. I'm sure it was the female boxer! She was hot!" Joon argued.

"No way! She basically used Mir as a punching bag. It was Ms. Perfect. She was pretty and smart," Seungho said.

"Okay, but she turned Mir into Mr. Imperfect," Cheondoong said.

I just listened as they debated about my past love life. Yes I admit, I was a bit of a playboy, but I've stopped now. I just don't feel like it. I really just want to settle down soon. 

Then Seungho hyung said, "I got it! It was the photographer, Aimee!"

While everyone started to agree, the flashback began in my mind.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hehe, sorry if I tricked you at the beginning. XD If you thought it was Mir's wedding, that comes later! And sorry for the long chapter, I feel like I needed to add lots of details. And sorry also if the storyline is a little slow. It will speed up soon.

Also, all the girls above were some of Mir's "ideal types" over the years.