Still Stuck In The Closet

How I Met Jay Park and His Cousin

Alexander narrates again~

       Well me and Kimberly are stuck in the closet. She's sleeping like a baby and she's leaning on me. It feels kind of awkward. I really want to ask her out for reals and I don't know how to say, when to say, or if I should even say it. Should I wake her up and ask her? I get ready to but, I decide I should let her sleep. I guess I should think of another plan. Jay's leaving in September I guess I am riding the bus to school till then. Only 3 days of August left. This month has gone by fast. We just started school on the 11th and it's almost September. I wonder when she's going to wake up. She sleeps so quietly. Then she mumbles, "Jay... don't... worry.... I... will.... take... care... of.. him... when...."

        "What do you mean by that?" I ask, but then I realize she's still asleep. Well this is not going well as him I guess it's me. I feel a little moment of happiness. I let her sleep and I hear her phone vibrate and it vibrates again. Then there are more vibration and I wonder why her phone is going crazy. I searched for her phone and it's in the front pocket of her backpack. Then I see it's a bunch of text messages saying 'Happy Birthday'. Today's her birthday. She never told me about it. I think I should ask her today. Maybe today's the day I am brave enough to ask the girl I really like out, but where would I take her? This never occured to me before. I could take her to the movies but there's no good movies out. Maybe we should go to the mall, but that's not really a date. Maybe we should go to the park and ride the swings, but there's so many kids there. The only place I can think of that is not so crazy is at Jay's house. It would be the two of us since Jay's recording his new song and it's only me there. I wonder what I should get her. Pie? I got her that twice already.

         All of a sudden I hear gun shots and she wakes up. "Alexander what's that sound? Is it gun shots?" she askes and starts breathing heavy.

        "I think so. Its okay," I said and she hugs me. Then I begin her hair. The gunshots get louder. "Alexander if we don't make it out of this, I really wanted to say this, I really like you. Even if were not really dating I'm glad my last moments were with you. When I met Jay Park that was amazing but, you were the one who let me meet him and I thank you and I got to meet 2ne1 too and their concert's next week..... Alexander thanks for everything," she saids.

        "Don't worry we'll make it out of this. I wanted to ask you this the first time I saw you at the library, and on the bus, and at the mall too but I never really got to ask you.... Would you go out with me?" I asked. There was a long pause even the bullets stop shooting.

        "Do you really want to go out with me? We really just met 3 days ago.... I think we should wait," she said. I can't believe she said that. She told me she really liked me and to refuse me.

        "You just told me you really like me and you reject me??? Why?" I asked.

       "I just explained it to you.. Ask me later okay. I do like you don't get me wrong but, I don't want to date someone unless they're fully committed. Soon when you become famous you might forget about me and probably run off with another girl. I seen the movies and it always goes like that," she said.

       "But, this is not a movie. I won't go after other girls. I know your the one," I said. I just knew it right from the start. I guess I should have picked a better time, better place, I guess this is going to take a while. Then we hear the closet door jiggle. We started hugging even tighter and we felt like we were going to die. All of a sudden the doors opens and it's a policeman light skined, blue eyed, blonde hair, and he looked like a dude that would be in an underwear comercial kind of weird seeing a guy like this as a police guy.. "It's not Chester, he must have gone away. It's just two youngsters," said a policeman. Then he talked to us, "You kids need a ride home?"

       "No were fine," I said.

       "Okay kids but we're going to have to get you kids out of here. It's not safe the guy we're after is a cereal killer and it's not good to have people around. We don't want anyone to get hurt," said the policeman.

       "Okay let's go," said Kimberly. We got out of the closet. It took a moment to refocus our eyes because we were in the darkness for a long while. The two policemen, and us started walking into the main hallway and all of a sudden a guy in an orange jumpsuit with a long gray beard and a bald head popped out behind us and grabbed Kimberly. "Back away get me taxi and the girl can go," he said. He was holding a sharp piece of glass to well if this was a movie it would be a first that a piece of glass was being used as a weapon to kill.

       "Let her go," said the policeman who we haven't talked too he was tall, muscular, dark skin, and twice the size of the cereal killer. "If you do this your eventually going to be found, and your going be stuck at worse prison than the one your going too. I know you have a family but, killing her isn't going to do anything. Your death sentence will be pushed forward. Do you want this to happen?" said the policeman. The criminal winched a bit.

       "What do you know? Killing her would do something. Why not?" he said. He was about to slash her when policemen from the back shot him but, Kimberly got slashed in the arm. I'm surprised she barely did anything. She was really calm. If that was me I would've been crazy. I feel like a wuss for not doing anything. Then I realize she's bleeding. They took away the criminal guy and the ambulance guys patched up her arm and told her she can go home. Now were in front of the school and we're shocked at what happened. "I can't believe you did nothing back there! I almost died. I was freaking out. I'm glad I said no," she said.

       "What do you want me do? He was going to kill you I tried to stop him. You seemed so calm and what would that have to do with anything. I did care," I said. Well I did I just didn't know how to act at that exact moment.

       "Well you could've yelled at him or something. Something would be good to know that you cared. I was dying inside," she said and she starts walking away. I follow her.