Chpt. 8 Lay and Performing

The Life Sized Adventure of Pocket Sized EXO

Day 5 with EXO

With your day off from the cafe, you were with EXO. Chilling at home with the little EXO members, who were playing with your doll clothes. You sat in the living room, looking at the basically brand new doll house. It just needed to be sanded and painted. You decided to bring it to the garage to sand it. Sand, sand, sand away~

"Done." You smile. "Time to paint." Just about you were going to grab the paint, and beagan to paint the walls one color. Just about you were going to let it dry, you had an idea. "Wait a second." You put the paint into the doll house and walk back into the house. You set the house onto the table and pile newspaper onto the table.

"Noona," Lay says. "What are you doing?"

"A project." You grab paper plates, paint brushes and stamps. "Wanna help?"

"Yeah!" He says and climbs his way up on the makeshift stairs you made while you had days off. "What are we doing?"

"Painting this doll house." 

"Really?!" 

"Yep. I have paint that we can use and then use a water proof base over it."

"Awesome!" He smiles and walks around the doll house. "It's big!"

"Haha~" You smile and squeeze paint out onto the paper plates. 

"Noona!" Suho walks up to you guys. "What are you two doing?" 

"Painting the doll house!" You and Lay say and then laugh. 

"Wanna help?" Yixing asks. Suho nods and climbs up the chairs and onto the table. Then all of EXO starts walking in.

"Noona!" Some of them say.

"We're painting the dollhouse." You, Lay and Suho all say. "Wanna help?"

"Yeah!" They all smile. They climbed up the stairs and looked at the doll house. You set down a few more paints down and grabbed a brush.

"Let's get to work!" You dip the paintbrush and begin to paint one side. EXO shrugged and rolled up their sleeves. Kai dipped his hands into the blue paint and pressed his hands on one of the walls, leaving little hand prints. Luhan follwed and splat differnt paint onto the walls. 

"Haha!" He laughes and paints his hands across the house. "Painting!"

Then Sehun splat paint onto Luhan. And Luhan attacked with the blue paint. The paint landed onto Kai, which then he accidentally slipped and got paint onto Kyungsoo, who was minding his own business. He though it was Suho, so he threw paint at his hyung, in which Suho thought Tao threw the paint. So he dipped his hands into the red paint and splat it onto Tao and slipped into the paint Kai slipped in. Tao thought it was Lay, who was minding his own business. So Tao threw some paint at Lay.

"Yah!" He yells at Tao. "Why are you throwing paint at me?"

"Mianhae, hyung." Tao says and bows his head. 

"I should be the one who's sorry." Sehun apologizes. "I started it."

"Um..." You purse your lips. "Well, um. I don't know..."

Suho lightly smacks Sehun's head. "That's for starting it." He hugs Sehun. "That's for being honest."

You began to fangirl on the inside. SeHo moment! Asdfghjkl; ignore me~ 

"Awe..." You smile. Sehun let go, revealing Sushi had paint on his back. And Sehun had paint on himself too. They all laugh.

"Shall we continue painting?" You ask and dip your paintbrush into the red paint.

"Yes, ma'am!" They all smile and go back to painting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Noona," you hear Lay say. "I have a question or two.''

"Ask away." You spin back around on your swivel chair to face him.

"Well, it's more of a problem."

"Yeah?"

"I kind of miss being on TV and performing, but I don't wanna be small when I perform."

"Well... I don't know what to do. I'm still trying to see what could get you to your regular size without any harm. I still don't know what will help."

"Hmm." Lay sits on your desk.

"I wonder they used." You tap your fingers on the desk. "Did you feel something in your body that might have changed?"

"Well we got smaller."

"Yeah. Anything else?"

"As far as I know of, nope."

"Then what can undo this thing?" 

"I don't know."

"But let's see if we could do something that'll make you feel happier, arasso?"

"Arasso." He smiles. "I want to put o a small performance for others, but I'm scared people would notice EXO was shrunk to pocket size."

"I'm sure there's a way." You gently pat his head. "What about at the coffee shop tomorrow you can dance, but a little more of a robotic way so if looks like we 'programmed' you like that?"

"Yeah! We could do that too! I just need a song and practice!"

"Now, what do you want to practice to?"

"I'll just do Growl!" He beams. "We already have a dance to it and no problem of a mess up. Well, except when Suho stepped on Sehun's foot."

"Haha, yes." You grab your laptop and turn it onto Growl. He begins to dance happily and the other EXO members join in on the fun. You smile and clap after they dance to it. Lay bows and smiles at you. He jumps up and down and runs to hug your finger. 

"That was great!" You giggle. 

'Hyung!" Lay walks over to Suho. "We're going to dance to Growl tomorow at the coffee shop, okay?"

"Well, that'd be great!" Suho agrees. "We'll dance to it tomorrow and still show we're big hearted even if we're small!"

"I don't even know how that fits together, but, okay!" You shrug. "Go to sell and we'll get ready for tomorrow!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Noona!" You could hear Lay yell. "Get up! It's almost time!"

"Oh!" You shoot out from bed. Lay was in his clothes to perform Growl and the EXO members were all up and happy. "Let me get ready, have breakfast and we'll head down there."

EVEN LATER

"Coffee shop!" They all sang. "At the coffee shop!"

"Trying to sing Coffee Shop by BAP?" You chuckle as you opened the cafe door.

"Neh!" Kai nods. 

"Annyeong!" You hear greetings from some employees at the cafe. You wave and head straight to the locker rooms to change.

"Excuse me!" You say once the cafe was full. "My little toys here are going put on a performance for you, our customers." You press play on the tape recorder and let the little boys make their way onto the makeshift stage you and a few other employees made for them while you guys waited. 

They danced away to Growl and Wolf. Then onto MaMa and History. And so on. The crowd smiled and cheers and  danced along. Lay couldn't help but smile with the crowd.

"Gamhapsimida!" You say. "Thank you for joining us on their first performance here at Yang Family Cafe. They really enjoyed and did their best to perform."

"Madam," someone raises her hand. "Where can I get those?"

"Um. Well, that's a complicated thing to explain. I... These robotic figures are really hard to build as well."

"So you're saying you made these?"

"Um. About tha-"

"Haha!" Aunt Yujin interrupts. "They are like a magician's secret. It can't be told."

"Oh." The lady says. "Okay."

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

LATER THAT NIGHT

"Yixing!" You call out. "Zhang Yixing! Where are you?"

"Noona!" You hear Xiumin call for you. "Lay's over here! Something happened!"

"What?! Is he okay? Did he hurt himself? Did he brea-"

"He's fine. It's just that... He grew?"

"Wait... What?" You follow the Mini Baozi to Lay. Minseok uncovered him from the blanket to reveal Lay.

"Whoa...." You take a closer look at him. "Lay?"

"I...I..." He stammered. "I grew... This.. It's a miracle! I grew! I'm taller!" He jumped up and smiled at you. "I'm taller now! I.. I'm happy! How did this ?"

"I don't know." You chuckle. "Let's see. Well, you did your little wish of performing. And... What else?'

"He did it with politeness." Xiumin suggests. "Hmm. I'm sure if we do a little more of experimenting with the wishes, then it could work!"

"Yeah!" Lay jumps up and down. "We could! Then we could all do one wish we all wanted to do! So we're all our normal size!"

"Okay, okay." You chuckle. "We'll do that! But I'm not a genie. So, not every wish may be granted. Arasso?"

"Yes, sir!" All of EXO saluted. 

"And you're not BAP, soldiers." 

"We're fans of BAP."

"Haha, okay. Get some sleep. We have more plans to do." You throw a teddy bear up in the air. "Night-night!"