Our Past

I'm Taking You Back

Jihyun kept checking herself in front of a mirror inside the elevator. The royal blue cap sleeve bandage dress hugged every curve in her body and she felt awkward about it. ‘Aish! I should’ve skipped the ramen last night.’

Hani was just behind her, watching and laughing. “Girl… You are stunning! Do you even have to go through this every morning? Tch!”

“I look like the Michelin Man in this!”

“Mwoh? Yah! If you’re the Michelin Man, then I’m Godzilla!” Hani scowled. “Seriously Jihyun… You are by far the prettiest girl I’ve seen both inside and out. You can wear a plastic bag to work with no makeup on and a messy bed hair, but still look super gorgeous!”

Jihyun turned and hugged her. “Awww~ You’re the sweetest ever, unnie!”

“Yeah… Yeah… Now get off me! I don’t like mushy feels.”

“Oh! Hehehe!” she pulled away.

Before the elevator opened, Jihyun fixed her soft curls for the last time and Hani was left rolling her eyes. ‘Why am I even stuck with this girl? Grrrrr!’

“Good morning everyone!” Jihyun greeted after stepping out.

“GOOD MORNING JIHYUNNIE!!!” everybody replied.

“GOOD MORNING NOONA MY LOVE!”

Jihyun chuckled at the forever greasy employee. “Morning Woohyun… Are you done with your assignment?”

“Almost!” he grinned. “You’ll love the design so much that you’ll agree going on a date with me!”

“Really? You better make sure then! I haven’t been on a date since like forever!” she playfully replied and continued to her office.

“You betcha!” Woohyun replied.

After taking a seat, Hani stood in front of the table while Jihyun listens to her schedule and checking the computer at the same time. “I contacted 4 of the best Ad agencies in the country and as soon as they heard about the project, they all wanted to take part in it. I have already set up the meetings and you’ll have two for today and then the rest for tomorrow.” she said. “You’ll have the first one in an hour and another in the afternoon at 2 o’ clock.”

“Good! Prepare everything that we need and we will have it here in my office.”

“Got it!” she immediately moved.

“Oh by the way, can you please check on President Kim? Make sure he had breakfast and took his medicines.”

“Neehhh…” she left.

----------

Hani found Jaejoong’s father in Bumki’s office having coffee. “Aigooo~ Are you guys slacking off? I’m gonna tell Jihyun about this.”

“Ani! We are having a work related conversation.” the old man said.

“Right… Jihyun sent me to check on you. Have you eaten your breakfast and took your medicines already?”

“Yup!” he grinned.

“Very good! Now I’m off coz I have a very special meeting to prepare. Annyeong!” she bowed.

They watched her leave and as the door closed, Bumki spoke. “Must be Jihyun’s meeting with the advertisers.”

“Ahhh…” the old man shrugged. “She can handle it for sure!”

“Yeah…” he agreed and they continued.

----------

After reviewing all the materials she needed, Jihyun went out to check on her teams. They casually talked like friends and would sometimes burst into laughter at Woohyun’s randomness.

“Noona, are you religious?”

“Wae?” Jihyun wondered.

“Coz you're the answer to all my prayers!” he winked.

“EEWWWWW NAM WOOHYUN!” the crowd booed. “GET OUTTA HERE!” “CAN’T YOU BE GREASIER THAN THAT?” they .

Jihyun, on the other hand, pinched his cheeks. “Aigooo Woohyunnie~ You’re the cutest thing ever! Aigooo~”

“Playtime’s over!” Hani came. “Jihyun-ah! The receptionist called. Our visitors are already making their way up.”

“Oh! Okay!” she bowed to the group. “Later guys!”

“NEEHHH!!!”

“Bye noona my love!”

Jihyun left shaking her head and smiling. ‘That Woohyun kid… Kekeke~’

She took a seat while Hani stood beside her to discuss some final details.

5 minutes later, two knocks came to the door.

“That must be them… I’ll bring them over.”

“Mhmmm…”

While Jihyun continued reading, Hani left to open the door and immediately bowed. “Annyeong haseyo! Please…” she was completely stunned when she saw the familiar faces. “…c-come… i-in…”

“Hani?” Jaejoong was also shocked.

“Kwak Hani?” his secretary affirmed. “W-What are you… doing here?”

“You know each other?” a female voice interrupted.

‘Oh my God! How in the world did this happen?’ Hani panicked. She couldn’t find sense in things. In all honesty, she wanted to kick them out but it was too late. Besides, whatever the reason is, it was purely business and nothing personal. She took a deep breath and shook her nerves away. ‘I have to be strong for Jihyun. Calm down, Hani. You got this!’

“I believe you’re from Brands Advertising?” she firmly spoke.

“Y-Yes…” Minjun spoke in behalf of Jaejoong.

“Please follow me!” Hani instructed and as soon as she turned, her eyes closed and swallowed hard. ‘Please help Jihyun get through this… That’s all I ask!’

Minjun and Jaejoong also looked at each other rather confused but still followed Hani’s lead.