Turned Down

I'm Taking You Back

“Jae, are you okay?” Minjun asked.

It’s been 2 days since the meeting and he often finds Jaejoong spacing out. Even Tiffany catches him not listening during staff discussions and just slumped in his seat, rubbing his eyebrows.

“Bro! Did you even hear me?” he added.

Jaejoong snapped out of trance and looked at him. “What was it again?”

Minjun rolled his eyes and dropped on one of the chairs in front of him.  “Aigooo~ You can’t stop thinking about her, can you?”

“It’s driving me crazy man! I’m still confused up to now! Damn it!” he hissed.

“What is?”

“Everything!” Jaejoong stood and paced. “I know it’s Jihyun! But why did she came back? Why now? How the did she ended up being so successful?”

“Look Jae… It doesn’t matter anyway! What’s important is that she came back! Why? Because she can! She was born here so she has every right to be in this country.”

“BUT WHY NOW???”

“Yah… Lower your voice!” Minjun looked around in warning.

Jaejoong sat back down and leaned closer to the table. “Hyung! Why now? Why now when my life is so ed up!”

“Is this because of Tiffany?”

He pulled back slouching in his chair and pinched his eyebrows in frustration. “Tiffany can be a pain sometimes but she’s really nice and thoughtful. I hate myself coz I can’t repay the attention she has been giving me.”

“I’ve been telling you since day 1 that your relationship won’t work. You’re just digging your grave deeper and deeper, and look what happened now.”

Jaejoong look straight at him. “Hyung, I can’t just breakup with her! I’m not some who plays around with girls!”

“Hate to say this but you shouldn’t have agreed with your mom in the first place. She forced you to Tiffany so she can enjoy the privileges of being friends with her mother.”

“What can I do? She’s my mother…” he sighed.

“Aigooo Kim Jaejoong~ You’re too nice that it has become a burden already.”

A knock suddenly came to the door.

Minjun left and as he opened it, Jaejoong stood up looking surprised at his guest.

“Annyeong haseyo~” she bowed.

“Hani? What brought you here?” Minjun guided her towards the table and made her seat.

Jaejoong also took a seat and looked around as if trying to find someone.

“She’s obviously alone, Jae. Don’t get your hopes up!” his secretary said.

“Whatever…” he scowled at him. “Noona, is there any problem?” he asked.

“Not at all.” she waved. “I just came by to tell you the result of the meetings we had.” then they listened eagerly. “The other agencies were already informed through phone but I decided to tell you personally instead.”

“Komawo... It really means a lot.” Jaejoong said.

“It’s nothing. I wanted to see you guys anyway.” she chuckled. “It’s been a while you know…”

“Yeah…” Minjun agreed.

“Well anyway…” she continued. “I hope you won’t get mad or take it against Jihyun if I tell you that she chose another agency to advertise Shinsegae.”

Jaejoong fell back in his chair and pinched his forehead while Minjun chose to swallow his anger. “We didn’t get the project huh?”

“I’m really sorry…” Hani spoke with honesty. “It was nothing personal. As a matter of fact, Jihyun was having a hard time choosing between you and another candidate but she had to go with the one who has a better concept that will fit Shinsegae.”

“It’s okay…” Jaejoong sighed and looked at her. “I understand.”

“Thanks Jae…” Hani smiled and stood. “I have to go then. Thank you for your time.” she bowed.

“Wait…” Jaejoong called and she turned. “Is…Is Jihyun okay?”

Hani let out a chuckle. “I knew you couldn’t resist asking about her… She’s perfectly fine. I’ll tell her you said, Hi.”

She saw how much Jaejoong wanted to talk about her. The way his eyes twinkle at the sound of her name, the way his face brightens at the thought of her, he clearly misses Jihyun so much.

Hani pulled out a sheet of paper from her folder and a pen. “This is her number and home address…” she wrote and gave it to Jaejoong who immediately took it. “Just don’t tell anyone how you got those information or I’m dead.”

Minjun stood and hugged her. “Thanks Hani! You’re the best!”

“I know! Now get off me!” she warned.

“Oh okay!” he grinned.

“See you around guys…” she bowed to them and left.

When the door closed, Jaejoong raised the piece of paper and stared at it. “I really wanted that project so bad. Was it really not personal?”

Minjun sighed. “I don’t think Jihyun is that kind of person. You should know better, Jae.”

Jaejoong lazily sat and placed both legs on the table. “Aigooo Ahn Jihyun~ You always make everything hard for me. Be thankful that I’m head over heels for you.”