Future

I'm Taking You Back

They guided her to a table filled with silver Chinas and as they neared, the mother and sister slowly stood up.

“Mom? Is that Ahn Jihyun?” the daughter pointed.

“W-What are you doing here?” the old lady choked. “And why are you dressed up like that?”

“I bet Jaejoong did it again…” the younger witch said.

“Whoa! Wait a minute!” Tiffany also stood. “You know her? And what do you mean Jaejoong did it again?”

Jaejoong’s sister was caught tongue tied while his mother fell silent. They slowly sat back down and refused to look at Tiffany.

They flinched when she yelled. “Talk to me goddamnit!” and when she didn’t get any response, she turned to one person she knew who wouldn’t disappoint her. “Jae! What’s happening?”

At that point, Jihyun and the president had taken a seat so he went to her. “Tiff, I want you to listen to me a’right?”

With all the goodness in her heart, Tiffany nodded and listened with an open mind.

“My family knows Jihyun even way before the Shinsegae project came…” he said.

“How?”

Jaejoong took a deep breath. “I’m her ex…”

“What?” Tiffany was shocked and she pinched her eyebrows. “Wait…” she paused. “If she’s your ex… Does that mean she was the same person you had a scandal before?” he nodded. “Oh my god Jae! I knew it!” she raised and dropped her hands in frustration. “The way you look at her, the way you say her name, the way you act around her… You never even did those things to me! Gosh! How can I be so dumb?”

“Tiff!” he held her shoulders. “I tried! I honestly tried! And I’m sorry!”

*PAK!*

She slapped him. “I hate you! And you’re fired!”

"Mworago??? You can’t do that!” Jaejoong argued.

“Why can’t I? I was the one who hired and put you in that position so I have every right to fire you!” Tiffany walked to his father and bowed. “I’m so sorry if I ruined your day. I’ll leave now.”

“It’s okay… I understand.” he replied and she walked out.

Jihyun felt the guilt ripping her soul and all she could ever do was sit and swallow everything painfully. Jaejoong took a seat beside her and held her hand from under the table.

Déjà vu.

It was exactly how it was. All four of them in a table and she just waited for the ridicule to come.

“See what you did?” the sister implied. “You’ve only been here just now and you already caused this much trouble!”

Even the exact same words were said.

But after all those years, Jihyun matured with nerves of steel knowing when to defend herself and back down from an argument.

“Can we please get on with my birthday?” the old man said. “Suyoung, mind your manners. She is my guest and you can’t treat her badly!”

“But dad? She irritates me! She doesn’t belong in this table!” she whined.

“Noona! Please! Can you shut up for once?!” Jaejoong raised his voice.

“Jae…” Jihyun murmured.

All those time, the mother has been watching and scrutinizing her. She can clearly notice that there’s a huge difference but can’t pinpoint exactly what. “Why are you here, young lady?” she asked.

Jihyun raised her head and answered as courteous as she can. “I was invited by the president and I think to refuse is an insult.”

“What makes you think you are welcome here?” she added.

“It never came into my mind that I am welcome here.” Jaejoong squeezed her hand. “But if being here makes at least one person happy, then its more than enough for me to come.”

The lady’s jaw dropped and was silenced at Jihyun’s words. It was like daggers stabbing her heart.

“How dare you talk to my mother like that? Who do you think you are? You’re just someone who dressed into something fancy and got dolled up! Pathetic!” she rolled her eyes.

“Noona! Be careful or you might eat your words!” Jaejoong smirked.

“Oh really? Is she even better than me? I have a degree in Economics at a very prestigious university in Korea.” she flipped her hair. “So tell me? Where did you graduate again? Oh wait, you didn’t…”

“Harvard University… Business Administration.” Jihyun spoke with her head down.

At that point, the old man decided to eat and enjoy the exchange of banters unfold. ‘Should I stop my daughter? Hmmm… Maybe not… She might learn a thing or two from Jihyunnie…’

Jaejoong also dropped his head to hide the triumphant smirk on his face. ‘This is gonna be long night.’

“H-Harvard???” his sister stammered. “Yeah right… You just made it up! Do you even work?”

I may sound that I’m bragging but she asked for it.’ Jihyun sighed. “I’m the Chief Executive Officer of two companies and one of them is Shinsegae so technically, I’m the boss of your father and brother.”

Jaejoong snorted.

His mother was on the verge of having a seizure while his sister has already gone pale from extreme shock. “T-This can’t be! How did this happen? You’re just a waitress whose brain was empty.”

That did it.

Jihyun was no longer amused and started to feel her temperature rising. “You know what? I also thought my brain was nothing but air! Well what do you know? Harvard actually squeezed something out of it! And look where I am now? Why don’t you try going back to school? You might just end up being a better a person than you are now!”

The mother finally lashed out. “You may have turned into something different but you are still a trying hard copycat!”

Jihyun stood and looked straight into her eyes. “Well I guess you’re one example that you can pay for school but you can't buy class.” their jaws dropped. “I still have this littlest respect for you and I don’t want to lose it for the sake of the man that I look up to, and the man that holds my heart. Goodnight!” she bowed to them and then turned to the old man. “I’m sorry Mr. President but I’ll have to go now.”

He reached out to her hand and held it. “I’m sorry sweetheart! We’ll continue this tomorrow at work, okay?” she nodded with an honest smile. “Thanks for coming and thank you for this fine tuxedo. I love it!”

“You’re welcome, sir!” she bowed. “Goodnight and Happy Birthday!”

Jihyun felt the exact same things as she walked out the room. She couldn’t breathe. She couldn’t think. She couldn’t function. It just hurts so bad and the only difference was she couldn't cry.

Jaejoong caught up with her in the hallway and wrapped his arms around her from behind. “I’m so sorry babe… Please forgive my mom and my noona. I’m so sorry…”

“I-It’s okay…” she forced a smile and annoyingly laughed. “I guess my system got used to it already.”

Jaejoong’s warm breaths at the back of Jihyun’s neck made her shudder. He was breathing heavily and she knows how nervous he was. “Jae, let me go…”

With the way she said it, he felt scared all over again. It was just so painful to hear and he could already see his world crashing down in front of his eyes. ”No… No… No! Jihyun please Don’t do this!”

She turned around and held his face. “It’s me against the world, Jae! You know how much I love you but what can it do? We’ll go through this over and over again!”

She looked away when Jaejoong started to cry, and as much as she doesn’t want to hear him talk, his words were like daggers stabbing her throbbing chest. “Don’t do this… Just stay... Please..."

He is the most handsome prince but he can be the most gullible person on Earth!’ “Yah…” she wiped his tears with her thumb. “I was waiting for you to say something to convince me but you’re crying?” she sighed.

“I just can’t take it anymore…” he pouted. “I don’t wanna lose you again, Jihyun! I’ll probably die already if that happens!” he sobbed. “I feel so helpless…”

“How ‘bout this for a change…” she pulled his face and kissed him like she never did before. It was her time to ease his pain and remove all the years of sufferings he endured. “I’m taking you back… Jae…”

Jaejoong’s lips formed into a smile then his hands travelled down her back pushing it more towards him. As she leaned away, he also stooped lower to match her. “You ain’t going nowhere babe…” he muttered.

“Mhmmm… Seems like it.” she groaned that familiar tone in feeling his lips and tongue all over . “Mmmm…” she enjoyed it so much that her right leg unknowingly raised. ‘Gosh Kim Jaejoong…’

 

 

- THE END -

 

 

 

To be honest, this is the story that left me squealing and spazzing in the middle of something. Seriously! I can't remember how many nights I screamed against my pillow, and wrote the chapters while grinning and wiggling my fingers. Must be my huge crush over JJ. LOL!

 

 

This actually gotten longer since it's a sequel to a one shot but I still enjoyed it. Well anyway, I hope you like Jaejoong and Jihyun's love story coz I swear I really did! If you also liked this, please don't forget to Vote Up. Ah go go go! See you in my next fic!