New Life

I'm Taking You Back

Time flew by so fast that it’s already been years since Jihyun left Korea. She was sent to the States to study after her adoptive grandparents passed away and left all their wealth to her uncle. Never had they expected how rich they have become after the shares of stocks that have long been forgotten have multiplied into billions of dollars.

The hectares of wheat field was also left to him and that’s what been keeping him busy and also now maintains a farm and ranch in the rural part of the country.

While studying business administration in a prestigious university, Jihyun applied everything that she learned to help her uncle run their small yet growing company.

Who would’ve thought that the girl who was at the lowest of the low, knew nothing about the real world, had only an uncle to look up to, now has power in the palm of her hands.

With dedication, determination, and a pinch of luck, Ahn Jihyun proved that anyone can twist their fate and direct their life to a brighter direction.

Right after graduating with honors, she went back to Korea and arrived at noon.

“Oppa! I’m here at the airport! Where are you?” she complained over the phone.

“Sorry dear! I got stuck in traffic…” he panted as if running in a marathon. “I’m at the main entrance now.”

“Oh! I’m going out then!” she replied and hang up.

Woojin nervously paced back and forth while waiting for her. The last time the two saw each other was 2 Christmases ago. They rarely chatted online since both are busy and only exchanged emails for business purposes and sometimes call each other if time permitted.

“Opppaaaaaa!!!” she screamed.

He stopped and turned to the voice just a few feet away. “Jihyunnie!!!” he ran up to hug her afterwards. “Aigoooo~ My baby girl!”

Jihyun embraced him but squirmed a little. “Oppa! This is embarrassing! Can we like stop?”

“Andwae! I miss you so much and they can laugh all they want!” he grinned.

“Fine…” she gave up. “You look great by the way! Suits are really great on you, oppa!” she sniffed his Armani tuxedo.

“I do?” he asked.

“Mhmmmm! George Clooney ain’t got on you!” she chuckled.

“Awwww~ You’re the sweetest, Ahn Jihyun!” he ruffled her hair.

Woojin pulled away and shifted her shoulders from side to side. His face fell at her skinny jeans, pink chucks, and loose t-shirt. “Yah! You’re not 18 years old anymore! You’re the soon-to-be-CEO for crying out loud! Wear something decent will ya!”

“But this is more comfortable! Try taking a 12 hour trip in a dress and heels! Pft!” she scoffed. “And FYI! I’m too young for that CEO ! We talked about it! End of discussion!”

“Whatever! You’re still my CEO!” he stuck his tongue out to her and pulled her towards a parked car.

“Whoa! Nice ride!” she mused at a white Mercedes Benz SUV.

“You like it?” she nodded. “This is my second after that red Lambo!”

Jihyun punched his arm and scowled. “Do you really need those high end cars? It’s very expensive!”

“Don’t worry my dear! I got everything accounted for. I bought them with my own sweat and blood.”

“Whatever!” she hopped on the front seat while Woojin went to the driver seat after taking her luggage to the back of the car.

“Where do you wanna go first?”

“I’m hungry! Can we have samgyupsal please?”

“Samgyupsal it is! Gaja!” they fastened their seatbelts and left.