Selfish

I'm Taking You Back

She wanted to shout from sheer happiness after hearing those words. Who wouldn’t even want to say yes to a first love? To a first kiss? To someone who taught what love is? She wanted to feel his arms again. His kisses once again. God knows how much she wanted to be with him.

“You can’t, Jae…” Jihyun let out a deep sigh of regret and walked back after Jaejoong moved out of the car. He was confused at first but later understood why. “You have Tiffany. I can’t be selfish and live with a guilt knowing that someone is hurting because of me. I just can’t Jae… I’m sorry…”

He held her face. “I understand… But would it be too much to ask if I kiss you?”

She wanted to throw herself at him when her heart screamed in joy, ‘YES! YES! YES!’  but then her mind has a different reaction. ‘NO! ANDWAAEEE!!!’

They just stared at each for a minute and Jaejoong knew right away. Their proximity was overwhelming and exhilarating. The familiar pull was there, they were both helpless, driven by desire, and they needed to be selfish for once.

Jihyun took a deep breath as she let him took the lead. He held her so tenderly with just one hand and poured all his angst and heartbreak of all those years that she was away. It was the same innocent lips that were so sweet in his tongue, the same amount of y groan in when he deepens the kiss, and the same tingling sensation he gets when her hands slowly creep up his chest.

“My feelings for you haven’t changed.” he whispered. “I will make sure that I am the only man you will ever love, and you will be the only girl who will drive me crazy in love.”

Jihyun smiled and hugged him. “You are one ing y crazy person, Kim Jaejoong!”

“God I miss you so much, Jihyun!” he kissed her shoulder.

“I miss you too, Jae… So much that it ing hurts!”

Jaejoong pulled her closer until he can feel her heart beating rapidly. “Be patient for now, okay? I will make it work for us. I promise!”

“Yes Jae…” she then slightly pulled away. “We better get outta here. It’s getting cold already.”

“Wait… Are you really gonna continue working at home?”

“Mhmmm! And you can’t stop me!” she stuck her tongue and went into the driver seat.

“Whatever! I’m coming with you then!” he smirked and quickly ran to his car.

----------

Jaejoong followed Jihyun home. He saw her spacious and luxurious apartment where she lived all by herself. He also found her living room table covered in piles of paper and blueprints.

“Well… This is my place!” she dropped her bag on the couch while Jaejoong lowered the box she held for her.

“Aigooo Ahn Jihyun! I don’t know if I should be happy about this or yell at you. Is Hani noona or Woojin hyung aware of this?”

“Of course! She lives next door by the way…” she chuckled. “It’s just that she surrenders at me being too bossy at times.”

“It’s not funny, Jihyun!” he looked around. “I might just stay here longer than I expected.”

“Mwoh? Yah! You can’t do that!” she protested. “You have your own house. You can take some of my work and take it there!”

“Shireo! You can’t make me!” he jumped on the couch and lazily sat with arms crossed behind his head.

He didn’t budge even if she scowled and threatened with dagger-like glares. “Fine! Urrgghhh!” she stomped to her room. “The guest room is on the right! I’m going to sleep!”

“But I wanna sleep with you!” he yelled.

Jihyun slammed her bedroom door. “GO TO HELL!!!”

“LOVE YOU BABE!!!” he taunted. ‘Kekeke! She must be blowing her head off by now! Hahaha!’

----------

After taking a shower and changing into some decent casual clothes, Jihyun went to bed but only ended up tossing from one side to another. Aside from the fact that she wanted to read some files, Jaejoong’s presence was far more addicting than work.

She went out and found him on the guest room, sitting on the bed and deeply focused.

“Hey…” she poked her head on the door.

He looked at her. “Can’t sleep?”

She pouted and climbed over to his side. “How’s your elbow?”

“Better… Thanks!”

She leaned her head on his shoulder and looked at the paper he was holding. “What’s that?”

“Potential emblem for Shinsegae that we have already came up…” he kissed the top of her head.

“Aahhh… Jae?” she looked up to him. “You know that by doing this you are technically cheating on Tiffany, right? I mean, us?”

Jaejoong lowered the paper by the lamp and held her face. “This is all on me. No one is to be blamed here but me, okay? I need you more than anyone right now. I’ll make everything right. Don’t worry…” he planted a warm kiss on her forehead. “Besides, no one knows about this but us. This will be our dirty little secret!”

“MWOH??? YOU IDIOT!!!” she hit her elbow and he instantly curled on his side, clutching his wound.

“Yaahhh… Are you some ing bully or what? Aish! Oowww…”

“Get back to work! Pft!” she grabbed the paper and went out of the room.