Changes

I'm Taking You Back

At an exclusive village on the other side of the city lives a family who was once very powerful and influential. They used to be referred as the first family but it all ended when the head of the household was framed for a crime he never committed. It brought them into a downfall that no one imagined.

The golden mansion no longer existed, the piles of luxurious cars disappeared, the shopping sprees for the mother became a dream, and those nights of partying for the older sister vanished.

It almost drove the family apart if not for the father who stood up and swallowed all the pain and embarrassment just to keep them together.

They can be classified as rich but not like before where they lived in extravagance and now settled at a decent house which they got as consolation from having the ex-president as a father.

“Dad, why don’t you stay home? You’re getting sick from working all day!” Jaejoong said during breakfast.

“It’s okay, son… I don’t have anything to do here anyway…” the old man replied.

The once regal and highly praised man has aged so much as if the world turn its back on him.

“Take your work here then! At least mom can watch over you.”

His mother made faces and his father laughed it off. “Naahhh… I don’t want to be a burden to her. She’s not used to working you know…”

Jaejoong smirked and shook his head.

The reliable and loyal secretary came and bowed. “Good morning, sir! Good morning, Jae!”

“Oi Minjun-ah!” his father said. “Have a seat! Join us!”

“It’s okay, sir! I already ate before going here!” he refused.

Jaejoong stood and bowed to him. “Abeoji, I’ll go ahead!”

“Neh! Be careful when driving!” he waved.

“Jae!” his sister called so he turned. “Can I borrow some money? I need to buy something…”

He smirked. “Why don’t you look for a job so you can feed your addiction with shoes? Tch!”

“MWOH??? How dare you…”

Jaejoong left before he can even hear what curses and swears she said. They met his father’s bodyguard along the way. “Hyung! Please take care of my dad…”

“Don’t worry, sir. I will…” he bowed.

“Thanks!” he bowed back.

Jaejoong walked into his car and his secretary followed in the front seat. “What’s for today?” he asked.

“Meetings with clients, lunch with Senator Park…” the latter discussed his schedules as he drove.

After so many years, Jaejoong kept himself distracted with work. He never complained one bit and Minjun knew how lonely his boss has become. He lost weight, hardly put up a smile, looked sad and exhausted, very overworked.

Jaejoong is still one of the most handsome men in Korea but he ultimately lost that spark.

“There’s a product launch that you have to attend… and…” the secretary continued.

“And?” he questioned.

“Dinner with Tiffany…”

Jaejoong almost lost a grip on the steering wheel and looked away for a bit.

“Sorry man… She’s been bugging me for weeks now to make sure you won’t forget your monthsary this time.”

“It’s okay…” he blew out an air and sped up.