Home

Twelve Wolves and A Black Pearl

Dasom had skipped lunch again, but missing lunch didn't really affect her much. After the longs hours she had spent on reading, she went inside the living room were half of the boys were huddled up in the sofas. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were thumb wrestling and bickering at the same time meanwhile Lay was watching them to make sure they didn't cheat. Luhan and Sehun had their own conversation, and Kai was just glaring at Dasom from the moment she stepped inside the room.

Not that she blames him. She really wants to say something, but what can she say? Hi! So, when will we start baby-making? Usually she would be care-free and crack a joke, but Kai doesn't look like the type who would appreciate her sarcastic humor. Oh well, it really is his lost! Dasom plopped down next to Chanyeol and laughed at Baek and Yeollie's playful arguing.

"Dasom-ah! Tell Chanyeol he cheated!" Baekhyun demanded.

"I did not cheat! Dasom-ah, tell Baekhyun I didn't cheat if I'm your favorite," Chanyeol commanded.

Dasom giggled. "I'm not saying this because Chanyeol's my favorite, but I pick Chanyeol. He really didn't cheat, maybe you're just a sore loser, Baek?" She teased. Baekhyun grimaced and stuck out his tongue.

"Hah! She's on my side!" Chanyeol swinged an arm around her shoulder.

Kai glared at the arm and scoffed. "I can't believe you're all being nice to her like this! She's nothing more than a piece of trash."

The words Kai uttered really stung Dasom's heart, she never did anything wrong. She never did anything to upset him. He just hates her because she exists, he's not even trying to get to know the real her. Tears brimmed in her eyes. How can he go around throwing words like that to people without knowing them? The whole room was silent for a few seconds.

"Jerk," Dasom broke the silence. She rose from her seat and glared at Kai. "Listen, jerk. I don't want to be in this situation but the least I can do is make the best out of it. I'm trying to be nice, so you could at least try to return the favor. If you want to be a baby, then FINE. Just don't go saying hateful words to people without getting to know them first," she lectured.

Everyone, including Kai, were surprised by her rant. No one had expected the sudden blow-up. Kai looked slightly ashamed, he's really been treating her badly. "I'm sorry. I just think it's unfair." He apologized. "I-I'm not usually like this.." he didn't look into her eyes, but he hoped she could hear the sincerity in his voice.

"Apologize like you mean it," she scoffed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He snapped, glaring at her again. 

"You heard me. Your apology isn't accepted until you do it properly, if you can't even look into my eyes, then how am I supposed to let it pass?" She asked.

Silence, again. Everyone was staring at Kai for a response, but he didn't say a word. "I'm going to start with dinner. If you want some, then you're welcome to eat with the rest of us." Dasom went too the kitchen.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun, Lay, Luhan and Kai remained silent. "Why can't you at least try to be nice to Noona, hyung? She's really trying hard to make this situation as comfortable as possible and you're not even giving her a chance. She's really kind, I promise I've known--"

"I didn't ask for your opinion!" Kai snapped and rose from his seat. "I'm not eating her disgusting food, okay? I tried to be nice, and she rejected my apology, not my ing problem." He stormed out of the room and locked himself inside his room. Aish! She's so weird and confusing!

-

Dasom awoke in the middle of the night. Sweat was plastered to her forehead, she had a nightmare about her parents punishing Zelo. Her heart was beating fast, and she felt terrified and guilty. Sometimes my nightmares symbolize real things, is this one of my powers? Did my parents really hurt, Zelo? Dasom needs to know. It might be dangerous but she's going home tonight. She'll come back here with Zelo later.

Right! His letter! Dasom got out of bed and walked over to her bag with things. She has drawers but still, she never really bothered to pack up her things. The card and the package he had left for her laid peacefully under all of her clothes. She started with opening the card first and reading it.

Hi, noona! I was supposed to write 'dear' hear but it didn't really sound like something I would write or say. 

Happy birthday, I've been working for your family for awhile now and I know I don't have much to offer. The guys at your school were rich, and good-looking. Perhaps a little snobby for your liking, but they could give you more than I ever could. I'm sorry that I don't really understand this feeling yet, I'm too young to do so. But I hope, that maybe you can open up your heart and teach me.

Because I'm pretty sure that this feeling is love, maybe I'm not ready to say I love you, but I am ready to say that I like you. Very, very much. And I hope you like me back, very, very much. I'm not good with words. I was going to serenade you, but I'm too shy.

I know you have gone through many hardships in your past life- but a future with me will be bright, I promise! There are things I haven't told you, but I promise I will tell you when I'm ready. I can protect you, forever, I promise. So if you can't accept my feelings, at least accept my gift. A promise ring.

-Zelo

Dasom ripped of the wrapping around the package, and inside was a little box. She opened it, and found exactly what Zelo had told her she would find; a promise ring. Dasom smiled. She's grateful that she forgot about it earlier, it would have been embarrasing if she opened a love letter in front of the boys. She slipped the ring onto her finger and touched her burning cheeks. 

She's definitely going to go get him now. She can't say she'll return his feelings, but she knows that she'll regret not giving him a chance. Then again, maybe bringing him over here to live with a pair of wolves- which one of them is a jerk that she's getting married to. Still, she needs to know that he's safe. Dasom rushed with getting dressed and carefully sneaked out of her room. Her silent steps and sneaking seemed to work, because no one woke up.

She knew it would take hours to get home, but hopefully it'll go fast and she'll be back in early morning. Dasom put on her shoes and was just about to place her hand on the door knob, when the lights in the hallway suddenly . She was caught redhanded. Please let it be, Chanyeol! He's easy-going! He'll understand!

"Where are you going?" Kai asked.

Well, . 

"Hi, Kai..." Dasom laughed nervously and turned around. "I didn't see you there, what are you doing--" she stared at the plate Kai was holding in his hands. "Are you eating my food? I thought you said it was disgusting," she smirked.

Kai blushed. "Erhm, w-well it was the only thing left in the fridge!" He lied. "And I was really hungry, so I had to make a sacrifice," he added.

Dasom smiled, it doesn't matter if he admits it or not. She knows he likes her food, not to brag, but everyone does. "Anyway, I should be the one to interrogate you! Where are you going out in the middle of the night? Already breaking my rules, huh?" He smirked. Dasom was stunned for a moment, she can't tell him the truth. He'll probably tell the others.

"I was going out to get some fresh air. I know it was one of your stupid rules, but I really need to go out for a sec," she lied. Before Kai could continue arguing she spoke again: "What are you doing up? Did you starve to death? Or perhaps the others told you about my cooking, and you couldn't resist taking a bite when no one could see you?"

"Cocky, much? I'll admit your cooking isn't disgusting, but it ain't all that either." He snorted. "I'll go with you, but only cause I was planning on going for a stroll as well, and if you get hurt the pack are going to kill me." Dasom wanted to disagree, but if she does Kai will get suspicious. She was so close to freedom, but it seems like she must bear with him for a little longer. She can probably find away to dump him in the woods.

-

Kai and Dasom's walk was rather awkward. They really didn't have anything to say to eachother. Dasom wanted to befriend the future father of her first child, and the man that would also be the second person she ever makes love to, not that there'll be more love between them. Either way, Kai is obviously not on the same page as herself. But what she doesn't know is that Kai feels the same way, he just thinks it's unfair and that's why he's trying not to like her. It's hard, he's not usually rude like this.

Both of them are young, they should be allow to love whoever they want. All of the wolves think Kai has lost his ity long ago, they think he's getting some everytime he leaves the house. Nothing of that is true though, he hasn't even had his first kiss yet. And he wants it to be special, not with a random girl he met a few days ago. 

"Look, can we try to get along at least?" Dasom asked. Kai glanced at her. "I mean, if we're raising a child together... it's the least we could do, you know," she sighed.

"Okay, fine." Kai murmured. 

Dasom smiled. "Great..." 

Kai grabbed her hand. "Where were you actually going? You're a smooth liar but I know you weren't telling me the whole truth."

"Haha, what? What are you talking about?"

"Drop the act and tell me," Kai spat. Dasom ripped her hand away from him and felt tears b in her eyes. She's so worried.

"My friend, Zelo... I had a nightmare about some bad things happening to him. I was planning on going back home and looking for him. I needed to know that he's okay," she explained. "Kai, please let me go! I'll return here immediately! I just need to know that he's okay!"

"Calm down, I'll help you, okay?" He said. Dasom was surprised but smiled gratefully. "Give me the adress, and I'll go alone. If something happened to him, I'll help him and bring him here, okay?" He asked. Dasom nodded. "Good, go back to sleep now." 

_

A/N:

Some of you wanted more interaction between Kai and Dasom, so here you go! ^^ <333

Anyway, who else do you want Dasom to interact with more? I didn't plan on making Chanyeol one of the 'main' characters, but I'll see, I might add him to the list.