I'm Living With Predators

Twelve Wolves and A Black Pearl

"Kai, what's wrong with you?" Luhan asked and grabbed Kai's arm. But Kai just shook him off.

"I don't have time for this," Kai murmured. Luhan sighed and watched the younger boy transform and run away. His clothes were ripped and left on the ground, but neither of the boys cared. *Why can't you at least try being nice too her? Even if you don't believe she's the one?* Luhan climbed up in one of his favorite trees and watched Kai from afar.

Inside the house everyone was chatting happily, but Dasom still had a bad feeling about the boys in the cottage. Like they were hiding something from her. She remembered the incident yesterday, two red-eyed creatures were hunting her but then they started attacking eachother. Dasom knows what she saw. It's not just the hit she had against her head that made her hallucinate. It's real and dangerous and Dasom is sure that at least one of these twelve boys know what those creatures are.

"Noona, are you alright?" Sehun asked and patted her shoulder, seeing how quiet she suddenly became. Dasom smiled at him and nodded.

"I'm fine... I was just wondering about a few things," she admitted. All of the boys turned quiet, waiting for her to ask her questions. "First off, Luhan called me the black pearl. What is a black pearl?" She asked. She knows that black is a color, or shade as they say, and she knows what a pearl is but she doesn't look like one. 

"The black pearl--" Sehun was about to start explaining but Suho covered his mouth.

"Luhan called you the black pearl?" Suho asked.

"I told you it's her," Baekhyun said and pointed at her wrist. "She's wearing the bracelet."

"What bracelet? This one? You can have it if you'd like," Dasom showed her bracelet that her parents had given her.

"How old are you?" Chen asked.

"I'm 20," Dasom was still confused. "But what does that have with anything at all to do? I know alot of people that are twenty!"

Chen bit his lip nervously and turned his gaze toward Suho. "She must be the one then."

"Terrific, since Kai hates her!" Baekhyun groaned. "Kai is such a pain in the at sometimes."

Dasom just sat there and listened to their conversation. Back and forth. Baekhyun was complaining about how selfish and childish Kai is meanwhile Kris scolded him for being inconsiderate. Dasom was getting a headache from this confusing conversation and Sehun noticed how tensed and nervous she was. He grabbed her hand and lightly squeezed it, but she ripped it away from him.

"I am not in the mood, Sehun." She rubbed her palms.

"I will tell you the truth," he whispered into her ear. "Meet me at sundown, outside the house."

Dasom remembered the rules Kai had given her. She's not suppsosed to go outside at night. Then again she's already broken one of the rules and nothing dangerous happened, besides she deserves to know the truth. She nodded and flashed Sehun a smile. Kris cleared his troath, breaking up Suho and Baekhyun's argument.

"Dasom is probably very tired. I suggest that she should go and take a nap, she's done enough already." Kris talked like she wasn't present in the room.

"I agree," Xiumin nodded.

"Can you at least tell me about what the black pearl means, and why I am related too it?" She asked.

They all kept quiet, making her sigh. "Fine. I'll do the dishes and I'll take a nap." She has a headache anyway.

_

Dasom woke up after a long nap. She checked her phone, it was already 3 o'clock. She had a few missed calls but she didn't bother answering her parents. Instead she played games, waiting for the sun to go down. After what feels like forever the sun finally went down. Dasom smiled and straightened out the wrinkles on her shirt. *Finally,* Dasom grabbed her pair of converse that she had worn the night earlier and quietly sneaked out of the house. Sehun was waiting outside, just like he said he would.

"Hi," she said. He nodded and bent down.

"Get on my back," he said.

"What?" She asked and stared at his back. *Is he dumb? I'm heavy..*

"I said get on my back," he repeated.

"Okay, damn. You don't have to be so persistent," she rolled her eyes and sat on his back carefully. He stood up and wrapped her legs around his waist. "Why do you have to carry me? Where are we going?" She asked. He didn't answer and kept going. "Hello, answer me!"

"Shhh. We're being watched. We can't talk here," Sehun whispered and started jogging. Dasom held on tight. His body is so warm. She nuzzled her face into his neck, and without thinking she fell asleep on his back. Sehun smiled, but he still remembered D.O's warning. Don't get to attached too eachother. *But I already started liking her long ago,* Sehun frowned.

Luhan was sitting on his usual tree and watched Sehun jogging away with Dasom. He's not dumb. Sehun knows that Luhan is watching them, so he'll wait until they return to avoid starting a fight. Sehun and himself would never fight though. They're really close, they're tigther than tight and trust eachother too the fullest. Luhan leaned back against the tree and continued watching. *Don't stay too long..*

Sehun eventually stopped and shook Dasom awake. "Sorry," she apologized.

"It's alright!" He smiled, but soon his smile faded. "So... what did you want to know?"

"Why am I the black pearl? And what does it even mean?" Dasom asked.

"I don't know why," he honestly replied. "But as long as you're a girl, and got that bracelet on your 20th birthday you are the black pearl. The black pearl is beautiful as roses, but she can also hurt you. The black pearl has powers unknown to the human species, and has many different special abilities.." He continued.

"What kind of special abilities?" Dasom asked.

"I don't know," he replied again. "Suho and Kris hyung might know and Kai knows for sure."

"Okay.. And yesterday I was nearly attacked by some animals, what were they?" Dasom continued asking.

"Wolves, we can transform into them" Sehun said.

"Wolves?" Dasom clucked her tongue. "Aish. I should have known you wouldn't tell me the truth."

"I'm telling you the truth! Wolves, we are wolves at night and humans at day. We can transform when we like, except for the night of the full moon when we're forced to shapeshift. And when we lose our temper," Sehun explained but Dasom still didn't believe him. He sighed and turned around. "Watch this."

"Sehun, stop. I've never believed in fairytales, and supernatural things don't exist," she said. "This is becoming ridi--"

Sehun cut her off by a loud growl. "Why won't you listen to me!? I'm telling you the truth!" He yelled.

"Woah. Calm down," she backed up against a tree. "You're scaring me.."

Sehun ran his fingers through his hair before turning around. "Run!"