Engagement

Twelve Wolves and A Black Pearl

 

Two weeks had passed since Luhan and Dasom had begun their relationship. Luhan is seldom at home, and he didn't exactly act like they were dating. However, he would try to get the spot next to Dasom by the dinner table sometimes so he could grab her hand. And when others weren't looking, he would give her a small smile. It's hard for them to have a relationship, since it must be secret.

Today, Dasom, Zelo, Baekhyun, Sehun and Chanyeol sat by the dinner table, playing a game of cards. Excluding Baekhyun and Chanyeol's laughter and bickering, the game was quite silent and awkward. Zelo smiled the whole time though. Sehun, on the other hand, looked very burdened by Zelo's presence.

"Ahem," Sehun cleared his troath out of nowhere. "I don't feel very well. Noona, hyungs, and Zelo. If you excuse me I'm going to go to my room and rest." He hurriedly excused himself and ran out of the room.

Dasom found it very odd, since Sehun had been the one who asked them if they wanted to join in a game of cards. They continued playing a few minutes before Kai and Suho came inside the room with serious, stern facial expressions. Dasom knew that they had something to announce and that Zelo shouldn't be present during it.

"Zelo, why don't you bring your hyung some water? Sehun would probably appreciate it a lot!" 

Zelo's used to being a servant, and following orders isn't something new for him. Although they were in the middle of their game, he got up and fixed some water for Sehun. When he had left the kitchen, Suho was the first one to speak up.

"Dasom, we've decided that your engagement with Kai will be official from this week and on. Next week, you will have your official wedding ceremony and you know what comes after that." She felt really depressed. Partially because Suho, the still love of her life is telling her this and partially because she's in a secret relationship with Luhan.

"Stop acting like the victim, here. You're the one who's coming into my life and ruining it," Kai spat.

"Me? Into your life? If you hadn't tried to attack me that day, Luhan wouldn't have came after me and neither of us would have been in this situation right now! If there's someone who's guilty here, it's you," Dasom blamed him.

"That's enough, you don't have to go over the limit," Suho tried to calm her down.

Dasom gave him a angry glare. "Me? Over the limit? I can't believe your defending Kai after he's been treating me like nothing all the time!" Suho groaned, as if he were annoyed by her defensive side. "I really don't know what happened to you, Joonmyun. But something inside you died that day."

She bowed towards Chanyeol and Baekhyun, thanking them for the game, before she ran outside. Suho pulled a hand through his hair in frustration and glared at Kai. 

"You're destroying all of your father's hard work, Kai. You should be more careful." He said and walked away.

But before he could fully exit the kitchen, Kai's voice had stopped him. "Really? I think you should be the one who's more careful, Joonmyun."

***

She sat on the golden sand, looking down at the waves that crashed against the ground. She smiled, happily, as she watched. However, her eyes said something else. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying. She had been crying for the past hour she ran through the forest, and she hadn't stopped until she came to the beach. It's a very soothing, relaxing, quiet place. She feels nice and safe here.

She didn't even think about how the wolves and Zelo might get worried. She sat on the beach for hours, enjoying the atmosphere. She tried to keep herself awake, but slowly, darkness surronded her.

"Hi, are you awake? We've been really worried about you!"

"I think she's sleeping."

"She's really cute when she's sleeping."

"Ugh, spare me the love talk."

Dasom could hear two people talking in her dreams. She didn't really recognize the voices that well, but her guess is that one of them belongs to Sehun and the owner of the second voice is that Panda, Tao, guy. 

"I'm going to inform the other's about where she is."

"Okay, I'll stay here and protect her!"

"You do remember that she's marrying Kai, no? Don't do something reckless that will only hurt yourself and her in the end."

"I won't! I'm just going to protect her! For our own sake, we don't want her running off any further, do we?"

The voices faded out, and she felt a soft touch on her lips. After that soft touch, she fell deeper asleep, and could no longer hear anything.

***

Sehun glanced nervously at her and gulped. *Damn hormones.* He wanted to take a picture of her in her sleep, but he didn't bring a camera or his phone. So instead, he tried to stare at her as intensly as possible so that he could remember every little detail in his mind.

Her lips looked so soft, and plush. He wondered, how would it feel like if he just gave them a soft peck? He leaned over, but stopped himself. *If I start, can I stop?* He shook his head and sat back down. He tried to avert his eyes elsewhere, but they kept turning back to her lips. One little peck can't possible kill anyone. And she won't have to know.

Sehun leaned over again, and carefully, attached their lips with eachothers. The peck was short, less than four seconds, before pulled away with a satisfied smirk lingering on his own lips. One more, a little longer than the last one, can't hurt either.. He figured. He leaned over for the third time, and were just about to kiss her when he heard someone yelling.

"Dasom! Sehun!"

He clucked his tongue and pulled away. "We're here!" He stood up and waved.

Luhan, Chen and Xiumin came running with worried facial expressions. "Is she okay?" Chen and Xiumin chorused. Sehun nodded and a look of relief washed over their faces.

"You're such a troublemaker," muttered Luhan and picked her up in his arms. "Let's not wake her up, I'll carry her. You three can run back in wolf form, if you'd like."

"Let's go then," Chen decided.

Xiumin seemed to agree. They both shapeshifted into wolves and ran way into the woods. But Sehun didn't follow them.

"Aren't you going with them?" Luhan wondered.

Sehun shook his head and smiled at his Hyung. "I think I'll stay here with you and Dasom Noona. If she's too heavy I can carry her—"

"No, she's not heavy," Luhan assured. "Sehun, you should go with Chen and Xiumin. You can still catch up with them if you run really fast." He encouraged. Sehun looked unamused and annoyed. 

"Do you have a problem with me being here? Perhaps you'd like to have noona for yourself, is that it?" He wondered.

"N-no," Luhan stuttered. "If you wanna stay, then stay." He walked faster and tried to ignore Sehun's glare.

*Aish, has he perhaps figured it out that me and Dasom are in a secret relationship? I thought I had protected our secret very well!* Luhan reminded himself that he must be even more careful in the future or he might lose Dasom. She still has yet not decided, but Luhan's sure that he can convince her to come with him.

 


A/N: I have 190 subscribers! I can't contain my happiness! This fic is 3 (or 4, lol?) months old now and I've only written 13 chapters so far, yet I have 190 amazing subscribers. I want to thank every single one of you, and I would like to write down your names too! However, I'd rather spend my time focusing on the next chapter than writing down 190 usernames cause it's gonna take awhile and I'm lazy, hahah. ;^^

However, I will be thanking: Ms.ExoticELF1215, flyingkreeO, lillyvue, pearlREDree, Himchansylvania (omg I love this username so much), starz-_-, helloshinee1234, SungminsKyutie, JessicaHope, momothedumpling and jason_jang12

Special thanks to: SungminsKyutie (My Special Reader, Lin!) and JessicaHope who are both very active commenters, not only on this fic, and who's comments always makes me smile even though I might not always have the time to reply to them. Thank you very much! :)

And don't worry the rest of you subscribers! I have not forgotten you, I could sadly not mention everybody. But I love you too! T ^ T

I will continue working hard until the very last chapter, and I hope that you will continue to support my fanfic until the very end. 

Love,

Savannah.