Detective L

Twelve Wolves and A Black Pearl

Mrs.Lee and Dasom are nothing alike apperance-wise, nor personality-wise. Mrs.Lee has ash black hair, her eyes are tired and she has this drowsy aura who follows her around. After her daughter had disappeared, the drowsy aura got worse due to sleepless nights, stressing, and lots of arguing with her husband who's calm about the whole situation as if he doesn't even care.

Mr.Lee is insisting that Dasom will come running back as soon as she runs out of money. They had cut off her credit cards so she would eventuually have to come home. Mr.Lee tried assuring his wife that everything would be fine, even so, she had gone into a crazy state and would not listen to anyone.

What if she gets a job? What if she's living at one of her friend's houses? What if she's dead? Mrs.Lee mother's instinct had taken over. 

Mr.Lee kept insisting that Dasom is 20 years old after rall and she can take care of herself. When she comes back, they'll punish her. But his wife couldn't take the long nights of worrying anymore. She knew that Zelo and Dasom had a secret friendship, no matter how hard they tried to hide it.

She had threatened him that if he knew something and didn't tell her he would be in big trouble. However, Zelo managed to escape. Nobody knows how or were he went. They ransacked his room, yet they found nothing that could give them a clue about where Dasom had gone.

Mrs.Lee suspiciousness increased and she refused to wait any longer. Behind her husband's back, Mrs.Lee decided to pay a visit to a private detective firm one day when her husband was busy working.

"Hello," she gave them a weary smile and sat down.

On the opposite side of the table sat a man in her own age, and next to the man stood a younger male. Both of them looked drop-dead serious and Mrs.Lee had a feeling they were not in the mood to play around.

"According to what you told us over the phone, your daughter went missing around a two weeks ago and you haven't reported it to the police yet?" The younger male questioned. "It would be dangerous for us to investigate such a big case when the police aren't even informed about it yet."

"That's exactly why I am paying you extra much to make sure the police does not find out. My husband believes that our daughter will return within time, but I am not going to wait." Mrs.Lee said, annoyed.

"Is there anyone or anywhere you think your daugther would have gone? What did she take with her when she left?" The older man asked.

"Dasom only socialized when we forced her to go to events. I don't think she would have any friends to visit. She brought her car with her, her cellphone, and credit cars that my husband cut off." Mrs.Lee said.

The older man whispered something into the younger detective's ear before turning back to Mrs.Lee. "Detective L here will be in charge of the case. Do not let his young looks fool you, he has much experience within the field and is a very trustworthy man."

"I will believe your words then." Mrs.Lee nodded.

"Thank you. I will find your daughter in no time and bring her back home to safety." L promised.


Detective L worked over-time that day. During the day he had ran around, talking with Dasom's former classmates, neighbours, teachers and interviewing the maids and servants of the house. Anyone who could be useful. To his disadvantage, she wasn't certainly close to anyone, and no one hade a clue about where she could have gone, excluding one interesting girl.

When Detective L had been one his way home from the Lee residence, a young maid had come running up to him. "Has Dasom really gone missing? One of the servants said he saw Dasom escaping, but she wasn't alone. Someone helped her!" She didn't look particurarly worried, moreover, she looked curious. 

"Classified information."

"He got hit afterwards, so he doesn't remember especially well," the maid continued. "I know someone who could have helped her though."

After hearing that, he had immediately brought down the maid to the station to interview her. "Who do you think took her, Miss.."

"Miss Byul, my name is Byul." The maid told him her name. "Miss Dasom received much attention from boys. Most people were afraid to go near her though. She would fake smiles during social events, but deep inside once you got to know her, she was an ice princess. She hated everyone around her. The money and the fame and all those things were un necessary in her point of view."

The maid paused, hesitating if she should continue telling. "She became that way after her family had rejected her relationship with her boyfriend, and they had forbidden them to be together. Dasom would always smile, but once you got under her nerves, you would feel her wrath. It's just a rumour, but there was a servant who recently quit and rumour says that Dasom got mad and threatened him."

"What was the name of the servant?" Detective L asked, curiously.

"He called himself D.O. I don't know his real name though. He was in his early twenties, and had big round eyes, and his smile is very cute and innocent." Byul remembered the handsome guy. "Anyhow, I don't think he was the one who took her. There was another boy, Oh Sehun, who paid her much interest. I don't think Dasom is aware of his existence, but he's her number 1 fan."

"Oh Sehun, I've heard that name somewhere before. His family, aren't they the ones who owe the Oh University?" He asked.

The maid nodded. "His mother is the founder of the Oh Univerisity, and his father specializes in something with medicals. I'm sorry, I don't remember exactly. But Oh Sehun, recently, went missing too. Around two months ago. His parents said he's been acting really weirdly. The scary thing is, that just a month ago, one of the Lee maids had said they saw him outside the house."

"Did she report it to the police?" Detective L wondered.

"I don't think so. I don't even know if it's true, and nobody else believed her and reported it."

*Aish. Does nobody report to the police these days?* L shook his head in annoyance and pointed at the door. "You may leave now. I have requested for one of my co-workers to drive you home."

"Thank you." Byul bowed. "I hope my information was useful, oh, and please do not mention this to Mr.Lee. He will not be very happy if he finds out that I have been giving you info about things that are supposed to be kept quiet about."

"Mrs.Lee mentioned something about her husband not wanting to find Dasom thinking she'll come back herself. Do you know anything about that?" L asked, not giving the maid any promises.

"I don't have any information that I can confirm is true, excluding this rumour going around that Dasom isn't related to them by blood."

L wasn't the slightest surprised. He had seen the pictures of Dasom. Comparing her and her mother would be like comparing a rat to a diamond. He would definitely need to investigate more about this. He has a feeling that this "D.O", Oh Sehun and Lee Dasom are very much linked to each other in some way.


A/N: Mohahhahahah. You all suspected me the next chapter to reveal Dasom's answer to Luhan's question, didn't you? ;)

But no, I've decided to bring in a special cameo! L (Myungsoo) from Infinite. And no, he's not going to have a major roll, nor will he be one of Dasom's love interests. I just decided to bring him in so that you could know more about Dasom's past, and how Mrs.Lee and Mr.Lee reacted to Dasom's disappearance. :D