Chapter 2

Dense and Denser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

‘So… your name is Jessica Jung… Hm… graduated from Seoul International… that’s pretty impressive.’ Yoona said and looked up.   The girl was now sitting back on her chair comfortable looking through Jessica’s profile.  Jessica didn’t know why but after being played by Yoona a few minutes ago she felt even more embarrassed to look at the damn girl.

 

Flashback

Jessica could feel Yoona’s breathe against her lips as the girl leaned closer. Adrenaline rushed through the course of her veins as her heart was thrashing against her chest. She immediately closed her eyes and waited to feel a pair of soft lips on hers but instead she heard a snicker in the background.

 

There was Yoona letting a chuckle slip pass her parted lips as she grabbed the folder from Jessica’s hands, not bothering to hide her victorious smirk from Jessica as she headed behind her table.

End of flashback

 

Jessica inwardly cursed at herself as her cheeks flushed pink. She saw a smirk planting on the other girl’s face and she wanted to slap it off but of course she refrain from doing so.

 

‘So you know as my personal assistance you must fulfill all my commands right?’ That same annoying smirk was on Yoona’s face again as she had a glint of mischievousness in her brown orbs.

 

‘Depends on –‘ Jessica words were cut short as she found Yoona walking towards. It was as if the girl was hunting down a prey and Jessica was it.

 

‘Depends on?’ Yoona breath was lingering against Jessica’s lips. Then in a swift moment she closed the gap between and pressed her lips against the girl but failed to kiss her as her phone shocked the girl causing Jessica to jumped back into the chair in fright.

 

Yoona sighed when she saw the id caller and rolled her eyes as she answered it.

The sly smile was wiped off and was quickly replaced by a frown.  Ending the call Jessica felt the sudden change in mood and avoided the Yoona’s gaze.  A strange emotion flickered in Yoona’s eyes but the brunette could not made out what it was.

 

‘You’re lucky. I’m busy today. Since it’s your first today I’ll give you an easy task.’  Yoona paused as Jessica looked up. The same demeaning smile was now playing in Yoona’s lips.

 

She threw Jessica a folder.

 

‘This is the lists of guest at tomorrow parties. Memorise these names for me.’  Jessica opened the file and widened her eyes.

 

‘But there’s at least 100 names here…’ Jessica stated in shock and Yoona raised her eyebrows flashing her mischievous smile.

 

‘Mhm… finding it hard already?’

 

‘Of course not!’

 

===

 

Tiffany jumped on Yoobin’s bed and waited for the girl.

Her gaze averted to the phone vibrating viciously against the bedside table. Being the person Tiffany was answered the call only to be surprised by whom was on the other line.

 

 ‘Hey, baby. Last night was amazing.  I miss you. Can you come over tonight?’ Tiffany’s eyes widen in shock. She didn’t know how to respond to the call. Was Yoobin seeing someone?

 

‘Uhm… I’m sorry she is unavailable at the moment. May I ask who is this?’

 

‘Oh. I see. Can you just tell her that Nana is calling please? And that she need some help with dancing in the dark. Thanks’ the call ended just as Yoobin walked out the door.  Her wet hair dangled just above her shoulder as she was wearing a singlet and a pair of shorts.

 

‘Oh Hi. Why are you here?’ the tan girl asked casually as she was trying her hair.

 

‘ Oh. Uhm. Yoona is coming over today for dinner with her family. I… I don’t know what to wear.’  

 

She looked in Yoobin’s eyes and she couldn’t tell the emotion that had flickered pass.  Yoobin forced on a smile as she sat beside the pink-loving girl.

 

‘Whatever you’re comfortable with should be fine. Hm. Maybe your favourite pink dress? I’m Mr. Im and Mrs. Im will love you regardless.’ 

 

‘Hm…true…but.’ Tiffany pondered on the statement ‘You’re right. I’ll just act normal.’ Tiffany prance out the room but stopped mid- way ‘ I almost forgot Nana called you. She said that she want to see you tonight for some dancing in the dark?’  Then she disappeared behind the door leaving a clueless Yoobin.

 

‘What?’

 

===    

 

They were all settled at the table as the Hwangs and the Ims had their small talk.

 

‘ So how is everything going Yoobin? I heard Mr. Hwang sent you to the States.’

 

Yoobin nodded her head, she knew she was treated differently from the rest of the guards and she was grateful for that. Mr. Hwang had been like a father figure to her and she knew he saw her like his own daughter as well. But the girl wasn’t clueless of what others thought. Many had disagreed with Mr. Hwang’s action. Yoobin was a bodyguard and she should be treated like one. And Mrs. Im was one of them.

 

‘You should feel grateful that he paid for all your education and treating you as an equal. However you should also know your place. You should know when to kept the boundaries and…’

 

‘ That’s enough Mrs. Im. I do believe that we came here today to talk about a different matter.’  After silencing Mrs. Im with one look, Mr. Hwang turned his attention to Yoona and looked at her with a serious gaze.

 

‘You and Tiffany has been friends for quite a while haven’t you guys? Was it since middle school?’

 

‘Yes, sir.’

 

There was a paused.

 

‘We’re planning to have you guys marrying each other.’

 

‘What?!’ Both Tiffany and Yoona screamed.

 

===

 

Taeyeon and her girlfriend Sunny stared at Yoobin with wide eyes.  They were both surprised when the girl had agreed to go clubbing with them but now Taeyeon regretted ever inviting her best friend in the first place.

 

Her childhood friend was drowning herself in alcohol and Taeyeon didn’t know how to stop her. Sunny and Taeyeon were still waiting for Sunny’s friend who was supposed to come an hour ago.

 

Just as the girl was suppose to call again. She felt a tapped on her shoulder and there she was.

 

‘Hey sorry Sunny. Work was keeping me busy.’ Jessica apologized to her friend.  ‘So who’s the friend that you wanted me to meet.’

 

Sunny and Taeyeon had a weary smile as the turned their heads towards the girl by the bar.  Jessica followed their gaze to a lonesome figure by the bar chugging down the endless amount of alcohol that can surely damage her liver.

 

Taeyeon gathered her courage, strutted to the girl and grabbed her by the collar pulling her towards them. It was only then did Jessica saw who it was.  You could say that she was pretty surprised. However the girl from the morning seem so different. Jessica didn’t know how to describe it but the girl brightness and bubbly nature were nowhere to be seen. She had on a pair of tight fitting black jeans that accentuated her curves along with a white singlet and leather jacket over. It was simple but perfect in Jessica’s eyes. She averted her eyes to the ground.  If it weren’t for the dim lighting than it would have given Jessica’s flustered face away.

 

‘Kim Yoobin.’ 

 

‘Jessica Jung’ she slipped her hand into Yoobin’s and shook it. The other girl’s hand was warm and fits perfectly in hers. Sunny caught the small smile on Jessica and whispered it to her girlfriend beside. Taeyeon snickered and soon the two byuns were inviting plans to couple the two up.

 

 They made their way to a small table beside the dance floor and Taeyeon quickly shoved Yoobin to seat beside Jessica. The darker girl was too intoxicates to have a clue about what her friend was doing.

 

‘I’m going to dance first.’ Taeyeon said as she dragged Sunny out the dance floor. Of course she didn’t forget to wink to her two friends as she left.

‘Hope you guys can get to know each other.’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter