The Mansion - II

What's Going On?

Oh? There's a note on my nightstand.

It read:

Ah, annyeong Miss Kyungra! I hope you slept well. :)
Apparently I have to leave the mansion for a week or so. Sorry for telling you via a note, I was just informed last night and you were already fast asleep. For the time being, can you help water the plants? Twice a week will be fine. Here's my number if you need anything: 0543271782
-Ahreum

 

Argh great. I was thinking of hanging out with her today. Sigh, what a pity...

Time to start my day. I'll wake the others first, then I'll go take a shower and do the other morning shisus. 


After breakfast, I went to water the plants, just as told. 

Haaa, sometimes I'm just an angel. 

 

As I was peacefully watering the plants while humming, a gush of wind blew past; that suddenly gave me the shivers. My ears had the urge to listen to the silence. I looked up the window again as I did. THE FIGURE WAS THERE. I stopped watering the plants and wanted to head inside, but just then a high-pitched scream was heard. That made me drop the watering pot and I made a mad dash into the mansion. 

The living room was empty. 

 

God dammit, the guys aren't up yet. GAHHH. I ran to the room nearest to the stairs; Chen and Xiumin's. 

 

"GUYS!" I yelled as I immediately ran into their room and slammed the door behind me. 

One of them whipped their head back, and I expected to see a human face but no, an undescribable face instead appeared and it made an eerie noise. It was horrific. My legs almost gave up on me, and I managed to keep in my scream. 

Just when I was about to leave, the mask was lifted to reveal Xiumin's face. Good Lord. 

 

"XIUMIN!" I scolded, clutching onto my heart. He rolled on the floor laughing. My breathing went back to it's steady rate. 

You evil Baozi. 

 

"What was that all about?" I huffed as I sat down between him and Chen. 

Xiumin was still laughing. 

"He just wanted to scare me." Chen said. 

I shook my head.

 

"Yeah, did you guys hear a scream few minutes ago?" I asked, hoping they'd say yes. 

Xiumin once again rolled on his back, laughing his life out. No exaggeration there.

"Uhm, yeah. That was me." Chen confessed. 

"No, but I'm pretty sure it came from-" 

"No, trust me. It was definitely Chen's. I felt like my baozi cheeks could've explode- no wait, that sounds weird and disgusting... but yeah, it was that loud."

"What were you guys doing anyway?" I asked starting to laugh. 

"Waxing... my leg hairs." that made me burst into laughter. Soon enough I was in the same position as Xiumin was. 

"Was that how I looked like?" Xiumin asked, pointing at me. 

 

I got a hold of myself after Chen glared at me. 

"Sorry Cuz." I grinned sheepishly. 

"One thing I'm curious about is what's the point of this?" I lifted up the mask.  

"Oh nothing. I just wanted to threaten him and maybe just for the sake of making him scared."

This time, Chen glared at Xiumin. 

"I can't believe I'll be sharing a room with someone like you for a month."Chen muttered, shaking his head in disappointment. 

"How can someone not want to share a room with 'DA XIUMIN'?"

"Because you're Xiumin." Chen rolled his eyes. 

"You better not-"

"It's okay Chen, you can share a room with Luhan and I." I cut in. 

"It's fine. I'll just bear with him." he said. 

"Stay strong Cuz." I said, before I left the room.