The Truth

What's Going On?

I woke up at eight the next morning. I tried going back to sleep but my eyes said otherwise. 

I turned to my side, to see that Luhan's not in his bed. 

 

Hm, he's probably having breakfast. 

 

I quickly freshen up myself (excluding shower) and head to the kitchen. 

Luhan was not there nor was he in the living room. 

No one else was up besides Luhan and I. I bet they're snoring and drooling like pigs. 

Okay, maybe not... maybe that's me. Truth to be told. 

 


 

I walked outside and head to the forest, hoping that Luhan would be sitting on the very same rock - hey! Right I was. 

I ran to him. 

 

"Hello~" he said as I plop down the big rock next to his. 

He had his bedhair and he was still in his PJs, eating a bowl of cereal. 

I smiled at his sight. He looked really adorable. 

He handed me his bowl with two hands, offering me some. I opened my mouth. He chuckled a little before he fed me a spoonful of his cereal. 

 

We talked for what seems like hours and before we knew it, the day started to get brighter, indicating that it's close to noon. 

Wow, time sure flies. 

"C'mon, let's go inside. I bet everyone's already up and they might be searching for us." I said, getting up, ready to go into the mansion. I dragged Luhan with me. 

 

"You haven't showered yet." he said, looking at my PJs. 

"Yeah, I know."

He looked at me for a second or two and then wiggled his eyebrows.

"Me too." he said, leaning closer to my face.

"Hey hey hey! Since when were you a byuntae?!" I gave his shoulders a slight push causing him to lose his firm grip on the bowl he was holding, and the remaining milk in the bowl spilled onto his pants. 

I laughed loudly, pointing at his pants. I then realized that his eyes were glaring at me. They shout anger. 

"1... 2..."

"No, no.." I said, and made a mad dash into the house. Before I could even reach the porch, I tripped on a small dent in the soil, causing me to fall down. 

"Kyungra!" Luhan yelled. 

"You alright? Where are you hurt?" he said, then pretended to stumble forward, causing him to spill some more of the remaining milk in the bowl onto me. 

"Hey!" I yelled. 

He laughed. 

"How nice of you to help me." I said sarcastically, struggling to get up. 

He put down his bowl on the porch and head back to me. 

"Here." he said, holding out his hand. 

I grabbed hold of it, and instead of him pulling me up, I pulled him down. 

But boy, was that a wrong thing to do, because he ended up on top on me with his hands on the ground, supporting his weight.

"Was this your plan?" he asked, smirking. 

"N-no!" I objected. 

"Oh, really?" he leaned closer to my face. 

He quickly pecked my lips and stood up.

 

We then heard someone clear his throat. I turned around to see Tao by the door. 

"Go take a shower now!" Tao ordered. 

"Yes, umma." I said, as I ran inside the mansion. I gave Luhan a mehrong before I did. 

 


 

"Kyungra, Ahreum's eating in the kitchen. Do you want to talk to her now?" Kris informed me. 

"Yeah, I think we should." I said. 

 

"Hi Ahreum!" I smiled as Kris and I head into the kitchen. 

She looked at me, then quickly pop the last bit of her sandwich into and took her plate to the sink. 

"Ahreum, please." I said, as I took hold of her wrist. 

"I don't want to talk about it." she said, with full. 

"Just a little bit of information would do." I begged. 

"Please?" Kris pleaded. 

She sighed and sat back on the stool. 

 

"What do you want to know?" she asked, along with a sigh. 

"Um... do you know Jaerim back then?"

"Yeah, but we were not that close... I don't know, I think we were getting along quite well at first but then as time passed, she started to distance herself from me."

"Was Jaerim pretty?" I asked, after a few minutes of silence.

"Quite." she replied. 

"Is she... still alive?"

"Sadly, no." she simply said. 

So that ghost was Jaerim. 

Duh Kyungra.  

 

Aherum took a deep breath and said "Follow me." she said as she led Kris and I upstairs, into the room opposite mine. 

"This was Jaerim's room." she said. 

She headed to the table and searched for something.

"There's supposed to be a book here..." she said. 

I think she's searching for Jaerim's diary.

"Is the cover brown?" 

She nodded multiple times, still searching for it on the table. 

"It's in my room." I confessed. 

"You read it?" 

I nodded. 

"But that's her diary..." she said. 

"Have you read it?" Kris dared to ask. 

Her lips pursed and she them nervously. 

"Yes." she said. 

"Jaerim went through alot..." Ahreum said. 

"Yeah." I agreed. 

 

"Anyway, here." she said, handing me a newspaper.

"What should I read?" 

"This." she said, pointing to the story at the top corner. 

 

"Oh, time to water the plants! I'll be right back." she said, looking at her watch and ran downstairs. 


 


April 27, 1991

 

One of the richest families', the Parks had lost their one and only beloved daughter, Park Jaerim on April 26, 1991. 

Her body was found lying on the beach. The beach happened to have a large cliff. 

It has been suspected that Jaerim fell from the top of the high cliff. 

 

Up until now, we are still investigating the place; trying to find out the real reason to how Jaerim died. 

 


 

I stopped reading right there and head to my room, dragging Kris in the process, to read the last entry in Jaerim's diary. 

 

I quickly flipped through the pages until I reached Jaerim's last entry in the diary.  

 


 

Diary, my parents will never understand me. 

They keep on making me meet up with him. But instead, he always go elsewhere while I hang out at my grandma's. Yes, my grandma's.

 

Also, I rarely go to Dongwoon's now... he's out most of the time. I ask him where he is, and almost everytime he says he's with Hyewon, "studying together". I doubt it, I bet they go out and have fun together... 

 

Anywho, yeah, I'm going to meet Dujun again tomorrow at noon. 

Ugh. I'd rather be doing house chores instead of meeting him. 

 

Apparently, we're going to have a picnic somewhere. I'm not sure, but he says it's going to be at a beach on a cliff. 

 

Bye for now, I'm going to pick out what I'm going to wear now. 

 


 

"Ahah!" I shouted after Kris and I read that page together. 

"So she was there. It is her. And Dujun was there."

"But why did he want to meet her there though?" 

"Did he planned to push her off the cliff or something?" Kris concluded. 

"Nah, I bet he's not that mean..." I said. 

 

Just then, we heard my door slam, my curtains clashed, blocking the light that was shining from the windows, making the room pitch black. 

I felt Kris's arms around me, holding me in his arms. 

I hug him back in fear. 

 

"Dujun is mean! He is the most horrible person in this world!" a voice, in which we assume, Jaerim yelled. 

 

"Jaerim."

"What?!" she yelled again. 

"C-can you explain w-what happened on that day?"

"The day that I finally rested in peace?" she said in an annoyed tone.

"Y-yes."

"Simple. A jerk pushed me off a cliff." she replied. 

"On purpose?" I asked. 

"No. We had a fight. And we ended up pushing each other until he pushed me really hard and I tripped, and I fell down the cliff." 

 

Silence. 

 

"YOU." she yelled. 

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"The guy next to you, Kris. Get out of here." she ordered, and then I no longer felt Kris's arm around me. 

"Don't do that." Kris said sternly and puts his arms around me again. 

"Why should I leave?" Kris bravely questioned her after, tightening his hold around me. 

"Okay, if you want to die with Kyungra, you're welcome." she said. 

I heard Kris gulped. 

"Kris, you can go." I whispered. 

"No, are you stupid?" he whispered back. 

Yes, I am stupid. Who wants to be in a dark room with a ghost that wants to kill you? That's right, someone stupid. 

 

"Jaerim, I'm sorry."

"What for?!" she said.

"F-for you." I stuttered. 

She laughed. 

 

Just then, someone knocked on the door. 

Oh, god bless. 

"Come in!" Kris yelled, not daring to move from our standing position. 

The knob twisted and the door was open. 

The light in my room was to reveal Ahreum. 

She looked at us in a weird way. 

"Uhm..." 

Kris looked at me, mouthed an "Oh." and unwraps his arms from me. 

 

"So, you read it?" she asked. 

"Yeah. Dujun did it."

"No, I think it was an accident." 

 

Then we heard a high pitch frustrated scream. The door slammed closed once more and the room was once again pitch black. 

I felt Ahreum hug my arm. 

 

"It was not an accident. He pushed me." 

"But you tripped."

"I wouldn't have if he didn't push me." Jaerim fought back. 

"If you tell us what really happens back then at that time, then we won't bother you anymore." 

"Why should I tell you guys?!" 

That silenced us. 

 

"Jaerim. I'm so sorry." I then heard Ahreum sobbed and was no longer holding onto my arm. 

Why is she crying?

"I'm sorry that I dated Dongwoon. I swear I didn't know you liked him." 

No wonder, Jaerim distanced herself from Ahreum. 

"He broke up with me and I was really hurt." Ahreum continued. 

Jaerim didn't respond. 

"I wouldn't have dated him if I knew. Jaerim, I'm sorry." Ahreum tried once more. 

"Forgive me?" she begged. 

We heard a loud thud. 

"About Dujun-"

"I don't want to hear his name again!" we heard the loud thud again. 

"I suffer everyday because of him. I am in pain everyday because of him. Him, the person that deserves to rot in-" 

"Jae-"

"Don't interrupt me!" she yelled and another loud thud was heard. 

"If only I was there to save you..." Ahreum said. 

"Ahreum, I'm sorry for treating you badly before.." Jaerim said, more like mumbled. 

 

We three stood still like statues for a few minutes until Jaerim spoke up. 

"Dujun told me that he planned to have a picnic on this cliff by a beach with his other friends and asked me to tag along. He called my house phone. My Mum picked it up, and agreed to his plan. He didn't call me because he knew I would refuse. True. Anywho, my parents forced me to go. So I did. There were three girls and one guy. One of the girls, happened to be Hyewon. She glared at me most of the time and eyed me in disgust. I went further, somewhere that happened to be at the edge of the cliff to clear my mind as I stared into th e blank blue sky." we heard her sigh.

"Dujun decided to show up. He came up to me and and held my chin up. He then said "You know Hyewon? She's really pretty and seems like she's into me too." he smirked and I pushed him away from me. He scoffed and gave my shoulders a slight push in return and I stumbled back. "What? You can't take the fact that you're ugly?" he said. I went up to him and push him harder. He did the same. That's when I tripped and fell. Honestly, it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would be but my heart still aches until today." she said and took a deep breath. 

 

Wow. She explained it. She explained it all. 

"I would hug you and be a shoulder for you to cry on if you were really here Jaerim." I said. 

"We would." Ahreum added, slinging an arm around me. 

"And us guys." Kris said. 

 

After a moment of silence, the door suddenly opened and so did the curtains. 

I guess Jaerim left. 

 

I took a look around my room to see that there's a big dent on my wall! 

I think Jaerim might have punched it a tad bit too hard. 

Wow, for a girl, she's strong. 

Before I stepped out of my room, I heard a faint "Thank you." next to my ear. I smiled. 

 


Ah hey! Sorry if this is somewhat complicated... hehe. 

This story is coming to an end soon btw... c: