Behind Story of Park Jaerim

What's Going On?

So, I'm going to meet the rich guy I'm supposed to marry, today. Feeling moody yet excited. I'm quite curious to know how he looks like and his personality. 

My parents and his parents had arranged a dinner-date. 

 

Being a self-concious girl, I had a hard time choosing what to wear. In the end, I picked a knee-length black dress and threw on a silver necklace. I also used a long pink purse to complete my look for the night. 

 


 

I have to admit, he was pretty good looking. His name is Yoon Dujun. He cleaned up pretty good for the dinner-date. He wore a tuxedo of course, and he had his hair styled up. 

We both pretty much stayed quiet throughout the night. We did accidentally made some eye contacts and man was I embarassed; because he just had to look at me when I was about to take a spoonful of my soup- I stopped midway with my mouth wide open when I noticed that he was looking at me. I saw him smirk when he averted his attention from me to somewhere else. Ohgod, that was so embarassing. 

 

Nice start, Jaerim. 

Oops! Mum's calling, have to go now! 

 


 

Haha, Jaerim's actually pretty funny. I think we would get along if I were to be friends with her. 

I skipped some pages and read some more of her entries. 

 


 

He is such a jerk! Wait, every guy is. I hate guys. I hate males - excluding my dad of course. 

 

Dujun is not the guy I thought he was. He's a player - a playboy. 

 

All this while he was putting on an act. An act where he doesn't show his true self. 

 

I'll tell you this diary, he once whispered to me "I don't date ugly girls. Even if they're rich." 

 

All this time, I thought we were getting along quite alright, but heck I guess we're back on Step 1.

Getting to know each other; because I'm starting to find out more new stuffs about Dujun. 

 

His parents and mine, seem to have fall for his acts, that they announced yesterday that they have decided on a date for our wedding. UH, NO. I am not - never in a million years will marry Dujun. 

 

I called Dongwoon and told him all about it. He seemed to ignore it though, he just said "Um. "Mm." "Okay." "Don't worry." and right after those, he started talking about Hyewon; how pretty she is, how cute, how fun she is, and how pretty she is. Oh, did I mention that he talked about how she's pretty? 

I'm starting to wonder what was the main point of the call; me talking about my problems to my best friend and seeking for his help and comfort or my best friend telling me about his crush (I assume.)?

 

Well, looks like I'll die alone. Single. Forever alone. 

 

...... That's sad. 

 

Oh well, but what I know now is that I don't want to marry a playboy and a jerk called Dujun and I'm never going to marry my best friend. 

 

Why is the world so cruel. Why does everything must involve looks. WHY. WHY, I ASK YOU. 

 

I admit, I may be rich, but I'm not that pretty. Or maybe not that pretty at all, because I rarely find people looking at me unless I'm with Dongwoon. Because Dongwoon is one heck of a handsome guy. No exaggeration there. Even our secretary, Ahreum is pretty. 

 

I even got mocked at at school for my looks. I used to come home crying with Dongwoon comforting me most of the times. But now, I understand better, and couldn't care less. 

 

Well, if I were to describe myself, I'd say that I have sort of small eyes, I don't really have a small frame but I'm thin, I don't exactly have a thigh gap, my feet are size 9, and yeah, I think those my 'ugly' features.

 

I used to complain to Mum about this, and blame her and Dad for giving me bad genes, but then again, my Mum is pretty and my Dad looks pretty decent. Haha, really though. 

 

Why am I gifted with these looks. 

 

I even considered the thought of plastic surgery to be honest. We are rich, so money isn't really a big problem. But thank god, I didn't do it. 

 

Anyway, yeah... sometimes life is quite depressing for me...

 


 

I see. I feel really bad for Jaerim. I wish I was there with her to help her go through those tough times. I wish I was there to comfort her. 

 

But woah. Hold on for a minute, did I just see Ahreum's name in that page? 

And she's a secretary too? 

Our secretary is named Ahreum too... so Ahreum must know Jaerim back then. They might've been close too considering the fact that she worked for them.

The moment I placed the diary down on my bed, a knife came flying right past my face, hit the wall and fell on the floor. 

I started breathing heavily, because man, my face would've been cut right there if I moved an inch. 

Where did it come from? Who threw it? 

 

                                                                       

 

Were you the one who threw it?! 

LOL (so lame laughing at my own joke)

 

Hey guys! 

Hm.. sorry if this story is a bit complicated, don't hesitate to comment and ask me :) but everything will be revealed in the future-upcoming-chapters. xD 

Also, I've edited this fic a little, just added these cute dividers hehe 

Anyway yeah, I hope I'll be done with the next chapter soon. :) 

 

Thanks for reading lovelies