Chapter 8 (Sungjae)

Lost Beat

“What’s up Sungjae?” your dad said over the phone.

“WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?” Sungjae screamed angrily.

“Whoa! Sungjae! What’s wrong?”

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?”

“About what?”

“SUNGAH!!!!! THAT’S WHAT!!!!!”

“You found out?”

“Why else would I be talking about her?!” Sungjae breathed heavily

You knock on Sungjae’s door and open it. “Oppa, can you please be a bit more quiet. I’m trying to sleep.” You say from the doorway. Sungjae rolled his eyes at you. You scoffed closing.

“Who, and where is her mother?” Sungjae asked your dad.

“I don’t know where she is but, her name is Lee Seomi.”

“I got to go, bye.” Sungjae said hanging up. Sungjae walked out of his room to find you curled up in a ball, sleeping. Your blanket was only on your feet. Sungjae bent down to tuck you in, when your eyes shot open. He fell backwards.

“Oppa? What are you doing?” You whispered.

“Tucking you in. How did you know I was here?”

“I can feel it.”

“Even in your sleep?”

“Yes. Especially when you are walking right next to me.” You glare at him. He retreated with his hands in his air. “So…”

“Ah! If you would like, you and your friend… umm… uhh…”

“Daeso.”

“Yeah, Daeso! You and Daeso can meet BtoB.”

“I’ll see. Now.” You said as you shooed Sungjae away. He got up and walked over to Daeso. He stood there, looking at Daeso sleeping. Ooo~~ Sungjae likes Daeso~! You thought. He turned around, you throw the blanket over your head.

Sungjae chuckled at you. “Ah… so you think I like her?”  You throw the blanket off your head and nodded. “She seems familiar for some reason. I can’t put my finger on it, though.”

You shooed him away. He went back to his room. I swear that I’ve seen her before. But, from where? Sungjae asked himself. She’s from an orphanage. Why would I see her in Seoul? I must be confused with someone else. With a few minutes of thinking, Sungjae drifted off to dream land.