Chapter 16 (Sungjae)

Lost Beat

“Ja~~~” Bohye sang, going higher and higher. “Repeat.” She instructed.

“Ja~~~” The members sung back.

“Minhyuk, do it again, your voice cracked. I heard it loud and clear.”

“Ja~~~” Minhyuk sang back.

Sungjae got a text. It said:

Sungjae, appa got hurt. He’s a Seoul National University Hospital. Hurry. – Omma

Sungjae stood up, causing everyone to look at him. He walked over to Bohye and showed her the text.

“Ride?” Bohye asked. Sungjae nodded. “Okay, class is over. Good luck later!” Bohye grabbed her purse and car keys. Sungjae and Bohye rushed out the door and drove to the hospital.

“Noona, you should call Sungah, it’s her appa, too.” Sungjae suggested. She pulled out her phone to call her.

“Sungah, your appa is at the hospital.” There was a pause, “Okay, I’ll be there soon, okay. Bye.” Bohye hung up. “I’m going to get Sungah. I’ll be back.” Sungjae bowed as she ran out the door. Sungjae walked over to the help desk, he looked over to see a young lady looking through some papers. “Shilryehapnida.” Sungjae said.

The lady looked up at Sungjae. “Jwesonghapmida. What can I help you with?” She asked.

“Where is Yook Mingo?” Sungjae asked.

“One moment.” The lady said typing something into the computer. “Here we are! He’s in room number 207.” She replied.

“Nae. Gamsahamnida.” Sungjae bowed walking off towards the room. He found it in a matter of seconds. He knocked and entered. “Appa! Are you okay?” Sungjae panicked.

“Adeul, I’m fine.” His dad assured when you and Bohye ran into the room.

“Appa!” You yelled hugging him. Sungjae’s mom eyes widened.

“Did you just say ‘Appa’ miss?” She asked. You looked up, about to answer her, but your dad spoke before you could.

“Nae. I’m her appa.”

“Who’s the mother?”

“Lee Seomi.”

“Phone number?”

“It’s in my phone.” Sungjae’s mom grabbed your dad’s phone off the table next to him. She found the number and called it. A moment after she dialed it, Bohye’s phone went off. She picked up.

“Yeoboseyo?” She said into the receiver.

Sungjae’s mom was glaring at Bohye. “YOU!?!?!?!?” She yelled at Bohye.

“Umm… Hi?”