Chapter 3 (you)

Lost Beat

You dig through the box. Reading most of the letters. You find a letter with a phone number on it.

“Daeso, I’ll be back.” You got up from the floor, bringing the letter. You went to the office, which no one was in there. You went to the teacher’s desk which you were with earlier. You opened all her drawer to find her phone. You found it in the fifth drawer. You grabbed it and bolted to your room. When you got to your room, you immediately  dialed  the number. It rang twice before someone picked up.

“Yeoboseyo?” a male voice answered.

“Uh,  Appa? It’s Yook Sungah.” You asked.

“Sungah… Sungah?!” he asked.

“Nae. Yook Sungah. Is that you, Appa?”

“Nae! H-How did you find my phone number?” He stuttered.

“It was on one of the letters you wrote to me a few years ago. Uh, my friend, Shin Daeso, and I are leaving the orphanage, so can you give us food and shelter for a few days?” You asked him.

“I’m sorry, Sungah. My wife and I are moving into a smaller house. I know someone who can. Would you like her number?”

“Please!”

“Okay.” He gave you her number. You wrote it down on the back of a letter from him.

“I got to go. Call me after you call her!” He hung up. I looked at the number in front of you. You dialed the number. It rang.

“Yeoboseyo?” a female voice answered.

“Uh, I’m Yook Sungah. My father, Yook Mingo gave me your number. He said that you can house my friend and I. Can you house us for a few days?” you asked.

“Sure! I can pick you up if you want to?”

“No thank you. Can you tell me your address please, so we can get there.” She told you her address. “Thank you! We’ll see you soon!” you hung up.

“So we’re going to that lady’s house?” Daeso asked you.

“Yeah. Are you packed?” You look over at Daeso, she has a bag filled of both of your clothes. “Packed mine too. Thanks.”

“We should keep that.” Daeso pointed to the silver phone in your hand. “It could be useful.”

“Yeah. We should. Since we are leaving at midnight, go get some sleep. Its noon, so we should be up by midnight. And wear all black to blend in.”

“Yes ma’am. You should call your dad to tell him that we have somewhere to go.”

“Good idea.”

“You might want to get some money also. Maybe from different teachers.” Daeso suggested.

“You are full of good ideas. Can you call my dad?” you asked Daeso.

“I think it’s a better idea if you call him, I’ll hold on to the phone when you get some money.”

You nodded your head in agreement. You redialed your dad’s number.