Chapter 7 (You)

Lost Beat

Bohye opened the door. Her apartment was filled with colors, like a rainbow.

“Sungah and Daeso, I’m sorry but do you mind sleeping in the living room or in my room? Sungjae needs his own room, since he’s a male.” Bohye asked you and Daeso.

“We’ll sleep in the living room.” Daeso chirped.

“Okay! Sungjae will you help me get their beds ready?” Bohye asked Sungjae.

“It’s okay. We’re ok. Just sleeping with a pillow and a blanket is okay with us.” You said.

“If you say so. Have you all eaten?” Bohye asked

“No.” You, Daeso, and Sungjae said in sync. Bohye went into the kitchen as the three of you sat in the living room.

“You’re Sungah, right?” Sungjae asked you. You nodded. “Why did you call my dad?” Daeso slapped you, you looked at her. That your brother! She mouthed. What!? Brother!? You mouthed back. She grabbed your arm and led you to a room.

“There was that guy on the phone with your dad, your dad said your name, and the other guy yelled ‘Appa’ at your dad. Luckily you didn’t say ‘Appa’ to your dad.” Daeso complained.

“FOOD!!” Bohye called from the kitchen. You and Daeso ran out the room.  Sungjae and Bohye were already sitting at the dining table. In front of them was kimchi, pajeon, rice, kimbap, naengmyeon. You pulled a chair out.

“When did you make this? You could not have done it in a few minutes.” Daeso asked Bohye.

“It was leftovers from BtoB. The group that Sungjae is in.”

“You’re in a group, oppa?” You asked Sungjae. He looked at you with wide eyes, confused.

“Oppa? When did I say that you could call me ‘oppa’?” He asked you.

“Um… For me, it obvious. You where talking to appa before I called him.” You stated.

“Appa!? You mean that I was talking to your appa!?” He yelled. Bohye gasped.

“Who is also your appa. Your name is Yook Sungjae, right?” He nodded. “My name is Yook Sungah. Don’t you see it now?”

“Then, who is your omma? I don’t remember my mom getting pregnant after I was born.” He asked. “Also, how do you know Appa’s number?”  

“Appa and I wrote to each other until 2005, which was the last time we wrote. On one of the letters, he put his phone number on it. And, I don’t know  who my omma is. If I was born from your mom, you would have known about me. I grew up at an orphanage, with Shin Daeso. We left a few hours ago. I left due to assaults.” You informed. The rest of dinner was silent. Soon, all four of you were done eating.

“Anyone want some patbingsu?” Bohye asked. Daeso and You said yes to patbingsu, Sungjae said no. Sungjae went straight to the room he was staying in.

“Have you had patbingsu before, at the orphanage?” Bohye asked you and Daeso.

“No, this is our first time tasting patbingsu.” Daeso replied as Bohye put a big bowl of patbingsu on the dining table , with three spoons in her hand. She gave one to you and one to Daeso.

“Dig in!” Bohye said spooning herself some patbingsu.

Soooo good! You thought as you ate.

“How is it?” Bohye asked.

“Amazing!”  You told her. Daeso and Bohye laughed at your comment.