Chapter 5 (you)

Lost Beat

Who was that? Who cares, he has nothing to do with me. You thought as you moved towards the office. You decided to take some money from the teacher’s desk next to the teacher’s desk that you took the phone from. You looked through everything in the desk, finally you found some money. You took three 10000 won, one 5000 won, two 1000 won, three 500 won, four 100 won, five 50 won, nine 10 won, eight 5 won, and ten 1 won. You ran back to your room.

“How much?” Daeso asked as soon as you entered. She was in her bed reading.

“Um… 39290 won. That plenty.” You replied, adding all the money in your head.

“Okay, so its noon, sleep for about until 9’o clock. I’ll set the alarm.” Daeso reached over to the nightstand in the middle of your beds. You walked over to your bed. You literally jump into bed. Your heavy eyes dropped closed, making you going into a deep sleep.

*              *              *              *

“Sungah, wake up. It’s 10’o clock. Wake up.” Daeso whispered in your ear while shaking you. “We have two more until we leave. Wake up.” Your eyes slowly opened. You tilted your head to look at the clock. It read 10:00. You got up out of bed, yawning and stretching. Someone knocked on the door when you where getting up to get a drink.

“Lights out!” A voice said behind the door. Daeso turned out all but one light. You and Daeso whispered until it was 11:45.

“Okay. I’m so nervous. What if someone sees us?” Daeso asked nervously.

“No worries. I have it all planed out. Get dressed all in black.”

“Yes.” Daeso turned around to get dressed. You also got dressed in all black. It took a few minutes to get ready. Daeso waited nervously to escape. It finally became 12:00, you and Daeso waited at the door with your bag in your hand.

“Let’s go!” You whispered to Daeso. She nodded back. You opened the door to a dark hallway. Daeso pushed her way forward to navigate your way out. After a few turns down some dark hallways, Daeso found the door that leads outside. You nodded in her direction. You know where the closest PC bang is, so you lead the way instead of Daeso. You followed one road until you reached the PC bang.

“Anyonghaseyo. Here are your cards.” A lady at the front gave you two passes bowing.

“Gamsahamnida.” Daeso and you bowed as you accepted the cards. Daeso a computer in the front. You logged on, and went on the internet to look up a map to the lady’s house. You typed in her address. A map popped up.

“Daeso, ask that lady in the front if you can print here, if so ask her how.” You told Daeso. Daeso stood up and walked over to the lady in the front.

“Excuse me, can I print a paper here?” Daeso asked.

 “Nae, you can.” She replied.

“How do you print?” Daeso asked. She walked out from behind the counter to show Daeso how. Daeso led her to your computer. She bent over and printed the map. She went back around the counter and came back to you holding a piece of paper. “Gamsahamnida.” Daeso said bowing as she walked away. You logged off the computer and went to pay for your time. You paid and left. You lead the way to Seoul.