Chapter 6 (Sungjae)

Lost Beat

“Who wants watermelon!?” Eunkwang called.

“Me!” Ilhoon, Changsub, Peniel, Minhyuk, and Sungjae replied as they ran into the kitchen. Eunkwang put the plate of watermelon the middle of the dining table.

“Ya, Were is Hyunsik?”  Ilhoon said swallowing a mouthful of watermelon. The members looked around.

“He’ll show up. He loves watermelon.” Changsub replied to Ilhoon with a mouthful of watermelon spiting on Sungjae.

“Hyung! That’s just gross!” Sungjae complained getting up to wash his face and arms. Sungjae opened the bathroom door and flicked the light switch on.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” Sungjae screamed. The members came rushing to the bathroom to see Hyunsik laughing, holding a green mask in his right hand.

“Hyung! What the heck! That’s not funny!” Sungjae yelled at Hyunsik.

“Sorry, but it was quite funny.” Hyunsik replied laughing.  Sungjae turned around pouting, he walked out to the bedroom. He got his phone out and called his manager.

“Sungjae! What’s up?” His manager said.

“What’s the schedule like for tomorrow?”

“Nothing much, you just have vocal practice at noon. Wae?”

“Is it okay if I spend the night at Bohye’s?”

“Yeah, just make sure it’s okay with her. Is that all?”

“Yeah, thanks. See you tomorrow.” Sungjae said hanging up. He dialed Bohye’s number.

“Hey, Sungjae. What do need?” Bohye picked up.

“Um, can I spend the night at your house?”

“Wae?”

“The members are being too loud, and I’m trying to sleep.”

“Sure, I’ll come pick you up. See you in a few minutes. “ Bohye said hanging up.

Sungjae got his string bag, putting a pair of clothes in it, also his toiletries. A few minutes later there was a knock on the front door.

“Noona? What are you doing here?” Minhyuk asked Bohye as Sungjae poked his head out of the room.

“Noona!” Sungjae said approaching Bohye.

“Are you ready?” She asked Sungjae. He nodded in response.  Bohye and Sungjae left. They had a quiet ride. When they arrived to Bohye’s apartment, they saw two girls sitting next the door. You looked up to see Sungjae and Bohye.

“Are you Sungah?” Bohye asked you. You nodded. “Is that your friend? What’s her name.”

“Hello, I’m Shin Daeso.” Daeso induced herself.

“Nice to meet you two, I’m Lee Bohye, and this Yook Sungjae.”

 Sungjae… Why does that name sound familiar?  You asked yourself.