Chapter 1

The Only One

Broken

"What?! Umma, jinja?! Aish, ottokae... Araso, I'll pack my bags." I said and I put the phone down. This wasn't a dream anymore. My life started to become pitch black and I thought I was going to faint. Mom just called and she said that dad is in a critical condition which means I have to go back to Korea now. I wasn;t ready to go back there after what had happened before. But, for the sake of my dad, I mustered my courage. I couldn't help but to keep weeping silently when every clothes were being thrown inside the luggage.

"Ne Umma, I will probably reach their next 2 days. Don't worry about me and take good care of dad. Bye." I called mom to say I would be reaching Korea soon.

The flight took hours and hours. I was worried sick just thinking about the outcome of staying there for a week. What if the same thing will happen to me? I tried topush the thoughts aside. Little did I know that we will soon be reaching Korea. As soon as I arrived in Korea, I quickly took my luggage and went to the hospital my dad was in. Sounds of children and women crying were everywhere. Finally, I found the ward my dad was charged in and I picked up my courage to  go inside. I dragged my luggage and then, I saw two old couple holding hands together. 

"U-u-umma, I came" I sobbed.

I rushed to my mother's embrace and I held her tight. Really tight. Not meeting her for 2 years was very painful. And now, seeing my mom was just the bestest thing I could pray for. My dad looked so weak in the bed. His face was pale and I couldn't look sraight in his eyes. It just hurts me seeing the one I love the most being in such pain. I couldn't help it. 

I had to stay in my parent's house for a week. I missed this place and it was incredible to be there again. I decided to release my stress and took a walk in the park but there was something that initially happened which almost turned my world around.

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo. Is anyone sitting here? May I take this seat?" Asked a very tall guy and his voice seemed very husky and it was in a very low-toned. 

I nodded.

I didn't had the chance to look at his face but I wasn't bothered by him that much. As soon as I knew, there were sounds of cheering and girls screaming everywhere. It almost sounded as if I was in a party. What surpirised me the most was that, the guy beside me suddenly ran off at full speed. I was shocked and bewildered. What the hell happened and why was the guy running? Should I run to? Suddenly, a bunch of girls came to me and surrounded me. All of them looked furious. "Yah, who the hell are you to sit beside him?!" one of them said. I was shocked and curious and plus, I didn't know what to do.

"Hey, leave her alone! She's not in the wrong." Said the previous guy. And withought knowing, he suddenly grabbed my wrist and told me to run away  with him. 

KOREAN WORDS ~~~~~~

Umma - Mom

Ottokae - What to do

Araso - Okay / I understand

Ne - Yes / Okay

Annyeonghaseyo - Hello (Formal/Informal)