Chapter 21 - My Derpy Bias

There's More to Me Than Just Chicken!

 

Genie

            I made up my mind. I was going to tell him how much I liked him. I only told him the partial truth. He deserved to know how I felt about him as well. I went back for the final recording, and clutched my confession in my hands.

            The moment I walked into the house, I saw black. I fell backwards and felt arms grab me. “Oh no, I’m sorry!” It was Onew. He looked bashful and I stared at him. Then I remembered that his arms were still around me. My ears might have burned off.

            I coughed and he shifted awkwardly. “Oh, yeah, you should be careful. No learning sangtae from me.” And then he smiled shyly.

            I was dead. As in lying on the floor, I want to hug him forever dead. “Jinki-oppa,” I decided to use his real name. “I need to talk to you.”

            “I need to talk to you too. Please don’t get mad at me,” he spoke in a rush.

            I looked at him. “Why would I be mad at you?”

            He scratched his neck. “I said some really mean things to you and I’m really sorry for that. Last night, I didn’t mean to run out on you.”

            I nodded. “It’s okay. But we should go inside to talk.”

            “Oh right. Did you have to go somewhere? Before I slammed into you, I meant.” He was hemming and hawing.

            I grinned. “Nope. I was actually looking for you.” He gave a nod of understanding and I gently took his hand and led him in.

            “We’re going to film in an hour so I’ll have to be quick.” I took a deep breath and suddenly, there was a shriek of happiness.

            “Oh my gosh! You have fresh chicken? You just ordered chicken?” he squealed. When I looked at him, he checked himself and blushed furiously.

            “Idiot,” he hit himself. “I tried so hard to change my image and ugh, I’m so stupid,” he whispered to himself, slapping himself on the head. He looked at me apologetically and I smiled back.

            “Eat it. I got it just for you. I like your chicken obsession.” I hopped onto a stool and grabbed a leg, ripping into it. “Chicken is my favorite and I love that you love it too.”

            He looked at me and I chewed, watching him. This was getting embarrassing. I was supposed to give a good lasting impression of myself! I was starting to regret it until he took the drumstick away from me and held it up to my mouth again, this time feeding me.

            I took a tentative bite and he snatched it away, devouring it instead. I stared at Onew in shock and he winked at me. Be still my heart.

            After we were done eating, he held out his hand to me. “Come on. We’ll walk to the recording site.”

            I hung back. “Wait, I still haven’t told you what I wanted to.”

            He shook his head. “I want to tell you my thing first.”

Onew

            I was armed with a knowledge that made me swoon when I heard it, and now only added a little to my confidence. I stared at her and admired the way she sparkled and the pink of her blush. I’ll even allow myself to be a little egotistical and see the truth in Taemin’s words.

            Her hand was shaking as I held it. She wouldn’t look at me and I knew. I leaned in closer and she squeaked. “It’s inappropriate,” she muttered. “People will see.”

            I laughed a little and tripped over her feet. She held onto me and stared at me. “Are you okay?”

            I nodded. “Sorry. Clumsy me. You know,” I laughed. I might as well just tell her the truth now. I placed my arm around her shoulder and felt her tense underneath me. “I still have something to tell you. Remember?” She nodded and I leaned in.

            I bent my head and placed my lips against her hair. “I really, really like you, Genie.”

            She didn’t respond and so I repeated myself. “Every time I look at you, I get really squirmy inside. I really like you. Why do you think I’ve been trying to change myself? It was for you to be impressed by me.”

            She was still silent and I looked at her. There was a slightly shell shocked look to her. I hugged her tighter. Genie looked up at me and leaned her head against my shoulder. I liked the way she fit against me.

            “I have something to tell you too.”

            My eyes widened. “What is it?”

           “I really, really like you too.” My heart stopped. Even though I had been expecting it, it still sounded so much better from her lips. “And I like you, as you, Jinki. I like you when you’re clumsy, eating chicken and being your dorky self. I like you because you’re my derpy bias.”

            She laughed at me and I took a deep breath. My heart was beating rapidly and I ducked my head and kissed her. There was a smattering of applause behind us. We broke apart and saw the rest of our group staring at us.

            Key was smirking happily and Jonghyun mouthed, “I told you so.” Minho and Taemin were clapping and then my face burned. Yoogeun was covering his face and groaning. “Appa, no kissee umma. Kissee meeeeeee. Kiss Yoogeun.” He whined.

            He ran at us and broke us apart. He blinked up at us and Genie bent to pick him up. I took Yoogeun in my arms and Genie smiled at me. “Yoogeun, do you love your umma?” I asked him.

            Yoogeun placed his hands on my face and kissed my cheek. “Yeah yeah.”

            My members came running towards us and with a smirk, Jonghyun whispered, “We win.”

 

And this is over ♥

Oh my heart. My baby Jinki adjkghadjkhd