Chapter 15 - Listen Girl

There's More to Me Than Just Chicken!

 

Genie

            The most ridiculous sight beheld me when I walked into the house the next day. Onew was dressed up in a girl’s skirt and was muttering to himself as he danced. I quickly backed out of the room. Key should be happy.

            I wanted to cry for what I was doing to my ultimate bias. I knew the members wanted him to change but this was hard. I liked the chicken addicted, clumsy Jinki. I didn’t need him to change. But I knew that for the sake of his own future, for his own good, he needed to be manlier in order to get a wife. I should feel better knowing that I’m helping him in the long run.

            I decided to leave the hidden camera to the door and went back to the house to monitor him. Most of the members had a schedule so I had to take care of Yoogeun. He was kept busy with blocks and toys while I stared at the screen.

            Onew was working hard. He was doing all the possible dances he could in his power. I loved it when he tried to do a ier dance and only failed because he realized the skirts were too short. “Aish, how do the females dance wearing these things?” I heard him mutter.

            I watched him as he resorted to dancing the dances of his sunbaes, Girl’s Generation. Onew was really too adorable. I sighed. Maybe this exploration of his various sides would help boost his confidence. Goodness knows, he needs it. He’s always being beat down by s and Dubu needs an ego boost.

            Key walked over, coming back from his musical and shut the monitor. “He’s going to want to give you a performance. Don’t ruin his party before it even began. Our Jinki really knows how to dance, doesn’t he?”

            You giggled. “He keeps tripping.”

            Key sighed. “I see this is where I come in.”

Onew

            I was in the middle of trying to master Mr. Taxi when Key walked in. He looked slightly amused and also a bit condescending when he walked in. “Hyung, you know this is purely for your own sake right? We’re not doing this to make you feel tortured. But a little birdie told me that you were dancing girl dances and I figured you might want to learn from the master.”

            I resigned myself to his rule. Key was strict. He made me focus on the swerve of my hips and the way I presented myself. “No! You need to make it more sensual. You’re so clumsy. Your hips are jutting too out. You need to make your movements demure, Jinki.” He spoke informally and I had no way of correcting him when he was on a rampage.

            I forced myself to pay attention to his words. Key demonstrated and kicked out his leg. When I did it, I nearly pulled a muscle. “No! You are not playing soccer right now. You have to do it with some amount of grace.” I could hear the irritation in his voice. How he was Genie’s bias, I had no idea. I always assumed she would go for somebody kinder.

            Key placed his hands on my body and twisted it painfully this way and that, trying to demonstrate to me the right way to do things. When I finally got it right, he let go. “Okay, show me. Straight from the top. We’re going to go from something cute and easy like Gee to Abracadabra. Then we’re going to be ambitious and you’re going to dance to Run Devil Run and Mr. Taxi. Remember, it’s all in the hips and the tiny movements.”

            I focused my concentration and tried to not mess up. I had to redo it at least five times and each time, Key’s glare grew sourer. When I finally succeeded, he clapped his hands. “Now you need to retain this for tomorrow. You’re going to be sore, but it’ll be worth it.”

Genie

            The next day, Onew stopped in front of me and the cameras were on the two of us. “The appa is going to surprise the umma with his newfound talent.”

            I pretended to be surprised. “What is it? I have a baby to take care of!”

            Onew smiled and winked. “I’m going to show you girl dances!” The music came on cue and he started dancing. At first he was strong but when he had to do the dance, his legs sort of slipped and he looked a bit like an awkward duck.

            I could see Key behind him sighing whenever he messed up a bit. But I laughed. He was adorable. He had put on a wig and was pretending to be a girl in his miniskirt and school girl uniform. The dance moved on and I was impressed by how accurate he danced to Mr. Taxi. Granted, there was a bit of fumbling, and he almost tripped getting down on the floor.

            When he ended, he bowed in a flourish. “Did you like it?”

            I laughed. “You really can’t seem get it down though.”

            Onew stuck out his tongue. “What do you want to reward me with?”

            I pretended to think. “Chicken?”

            His face fell. “I’m not a chicken maniac. Haven’t I proven that to you all this time? He looked genuinely hurt and I apologized.

            “Mian, Oppa. How about I relieve you of Yoogeun duty today?”

            Onew shook his head. “Ani, I want to spend the day with you.”

            Key smirked. “How about the umma give the daddy a kiss? Take off that wig, Onew. She wouldn’t want to kiss a girl!”     

            I blushed and reminded myself to kill him later. The entire crew started chanting, “Kiss, kiss, kiss!” I tiptoed and pecked him on the cheek, and quickly blushed. His cheek was soft.

            Onew placed a hand where I had kissed him and looked dazed. “My heart is palpitating.” He took my hand and placed it over his chest. He really has no idea how much of a fangirl I am. My heart. “Feel it.”

            Jonghyun rammed between us. “Okay! Keep this G-rated guys.” And Onew smiled, winking at me.