Chapter 10 - Mission Success

There's More to Me Than Just Chicken!

 

Genie

            We walked hand in hand towards the movies and he pointed at the bulletin. “What do you want to watch?” he smiled politely and I studied the guide.

            “We should go watch that romantic comedy!” I pointed at a poster of a guy who looked suspiciously like Onew hugging a girl. I saw his face bulge a bit, and he swallowed hard.

            “Er, sure. No problem. I’m sure it looks like a good movie.” His eyes crinkled into his eye smile.

            I snorted and punched his arm. “I’m joking! You’re so cute. Aigoo, I was just testing you. I’d rather watch a horror film. That should be interesting.”

            He grinned. “Now, this is more of my forte.” He led me to the front of the line and we bought our tickets.

            When we walked into the theaters, I slid in next to him and automatically snuggled up against him. The movie began automatically with a bloody murder scene and I covered my face, letting out a tiny scream. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around me.

            “Genie, if you’re scared, we shouldn’t have watched this movie.” He sounded genuinely concerned and I hid my face in between the crook of his arm.

            “It’s okay. You seem to like this more anyway.” He sighed and held his hands over my ears so I won’t have to listen to the gruesome noises. When the scary scene ended, he pulled away to talk to me.

            “Genie, we can just stop watching the movie if you want. I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable. Let’s just go and watch the romance thing you originally wanted.”

            I spontaneously hugged him, knowing Jongkey would be furious at me for giving in so easily. “But, oppa, you like to watch this type of movies.”

            He growled and for a second, my heartbeat skipped. Onew made was really, really hot. “Get up, we’re going to watch the comedy thing.” He took me by the hand and walked down the aisle and into the next theater room.

            When we sat down, he pulled me down against him for a brief second before placing me down on the seat next to him. I blushed, knowing the other members would be having a blast watching this. We had walked in during the middle of a kiss scene. My cheeks flamed and I ducked to avoid having to see his reaction.

            I peeked up and saw that Onew had gone red and his lips were pressed in a thin line. He coughed uncomfortably and when the movie ended, the blush still hasn’t faded. I grinned. He really was too cute. I swung his hands and smiled. “Hungry?”

            He nodded. “Where do you want to go eat?”

            A grin lit my face. “The Happy Chicken Gobble Gobble.” His face lit up before dimming.

            “Are you sure you want to go there?”

            “Yes. I miss having chicken.”

Onew

            FML. FML. FML!!!!! I can’t believe this. Of all places she decides she wants to eat at the Happy Chicken. What did I do to deserve this cruel punishment? I remembered Jonghyun’s warning echoing in my mind, “Girls don’t like chicken addicts, Jinki. Make sure you resist.”

            I sighed and looked at her determined face. “Arrasso, whatever the umma wants I suppose. I hope they have things other than chicken.”

            When we walked into the popular restaurant chain, I was instantly hit with how good the smell of chicken was. I inhaled deeply and felt my mouth water. This place made my favorite fried chicken as well as their chicken broth. But I knew that in order to succeed, I have to say no.

            The waitress smiled brightly and I felt my line of vision blur. There were delicious chicken dishes everywhere. I watched a man bite into his juicy drumstick and nearly spat with envy. Some people really get all the luck.

            “What would you like to have today? We have the Chef’s Fried Chicken special and the restaurant’s personal favorite, Chicken Strips. What would you like?”

            I looked at Genie and she ordered the two specials. Then the waitress turned to me. I swallowed harshly and picked up the menu. “Er, I’ll take the fettucine and the beef kimbap.”

            “Are you sure you don’t want our chicken? I promise, these two are our best dishes.”

            I smiled at her rather painfully and shook my head. “No thanks. I’ve had it plenty of times before. I think I want to try something new.”

            When the waitress left, Genie leaned in and whispered, “Don’t worry, I’ll make sure I share with you okay? You can’t not have this chicken.”

            Once more Jonghyun’s voiced echoed luminously in my head. “It’s okay, Genie. Chicken really isn’t my life. I promise you, I will be able to survive without eating chicken for one day.” Even the words sounded fake to me. “You, my dear, should just enjoy your dinner. So, is it really tiring to take care of Yoogeunie? I was really scared of him.”

            Genie smiled. “I’m used to it. I have a little brother at home too. Sometimes, he can be a bigger pain than our son can be.”

            I blushed and coughed. “Well, I guess you just have to keep teaching this inexperienced appa then.”

            The food came and my mouth watered. I dug into my own dishes so I could avoid the temptation. Suddenly there was a mass of golden crisp, gleaming, juicy seductress in front of me. My mouth opened slowly and I saw it inching nearer. I jerked away.

            Genie pouted. “Eat, oppa. I demand it of you. It’s too good to not.” What could I do? My wife commanded. I gave a mental finger to Jonghyun and took a bite of the chicken. Mmmmm…

Genie

            I couldn’t deprive him of the cruelty. Hoping Jongkey would understand, I fed Onew bits and pieces of chicken. I was impressed by his self-control. He never appeared to seem like the chickenholic he was portrayed to be.

            When dinner finished, he took me out to the brilliant sunset. The trees casted shade and some hints of sunlight still beamed through.

            “Did you have fun today?”

            I nodded. Fun didn’t even cover it. I loved that Onew had won. And even though they wanted me to hide my fangirling heart, I would always be an MVP, even when I had to pretend otherwise.

            He nodded and stopped abruptly. I gave him a confused look and he dropped on one knee. He opened his arms wide and began to sing. His voice flowed through my ears and I blinked back happy tears. When he finished, I threw myself at him and hugged him, thinking, Mission Success. 

 

I'm sorry for taking so long. It's hard with so many tests coming up as well as my finishing up my other stories.

In Korea, it's going to be our dorky dino's birthday :D

HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY JJONG ♥

This is Onew's serenade song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFtzQY30YmU