Chapter 12 - Gag And Swag

There's More to Me Than Just Chicken!

 

Onew

            “Okay, Jinki-shi, we have exactly two days to transform you into someone new!” Eunhyuk-hyung clapped his hands and looked excited to work with me.

            “Ah, okay. Do you know what the others are doing?”

            He glanced at me. “If I did, I wouldn’t tell you. That would be cheating. But we’re going to work on what I call the ‘Gag and Swag.’”

            I groaned to myself. Oh dears, after the Jonghyun y-ay I was a bit tired of these nicknames. I glanced at my hyung warily. He grinned. “We’re going to work on the gag part first. You’re already funny so this should be a simple brush up. We’re going to host Kiss the Radio together and you get to be as witty as you want.”

            I gulped. I knew I was known a bit for my gag but to have the King of Gag teach me? Oh I better not disappoint. He grabbed my arm and we got into his car and drove off to the studio.

            We got settled in and I looked around the legendary place I had always attended as a guest. I stared around and Eunhyuk slid me a piece of paper. “These will be the songs we’re going to be playing. You can keep it there as reference and for the most part, we’ll be following a schedule of answering fan questions and you’re going to be witty okay?”

            He gave me a set of headphones and we started. I announced the name and sometimes I thought of twists and play on words. He grinned at me proudly and announced, “Now it’s time for SHINee’s very own Lucifer.

            When the song started, I got up and started to dramatically sing along. When it were the other’s turns I started to dance with it, adding in a twist of my clumsiness and made it look like a foolish dance.

            He gave me an approving look when I sat down. “Not bad, not bad. We don’t have much to go with the gag part I can tell.”

            When it came time to the fan questions, I became slightly nervous because he warned me that he had opened the floor to questions about our show as well as SHINee. The first question rang in and it was for him, thank goodness.

            “Hello?”

            “Hi! I’m LiLi from the United States. I wanted to ask Onew-oppa if he was having a good time with Yoogeun on Hello Baby and if he liked the umma? I know he has trouble with the baby sometimes.”

            I gulped. “Well, Yoogeun is the most adorable child I’ve ever seen so I love him. I’m just blinded by his cuteness sometimes, which is why I act so clumsy around him. As for Genie, she’s the genie of my wish. I wished for someone capable to help me raise my son to be the best and she’s the answer to my prayers.”

            The next question came. “Can you show us one talent of yours?”

            I chuckled. “Just one? I can always trip and fall onstage but I’m sure you want to see better. Keke, okay.” I did my famous duck imitation and he gave me an impressed look.

            I continued to field the questions I could tell I did pretty well because by the end of the recording he gave me a thumbs up. “Good. So for our routine, we’re going to start off introductions and you get to be as witty as you want. You can also do your duck imitation. Now we’re moving on to the swag part. We have three hours to make sure that you can dance properly.”

            He drove us to the SM building and we walked into a practice room. He told me to wait and came back with sunglasses and a leather jacket. “Here. We’re going to combine your humor into our dance. We’re going to do our own version of the chicken dance.”

            I set the music and had it remixed to a more R and B tempo and Onew started to hesitantly dance. But he was too concentrated on making it funny and looked like a headless chicken running all over the floor. I shook my head.

            “You want to focus on dancing precision and make it be funny at the same time.” I stuck on my shades and started to do a dance that was a mix of different dances from our songs and added in wings flapping.

            “You have to look cool at the same time you need to make it clear that you’re dancing the chicken dance okay? You try it.”

            I tried to imitate his dancing and tried not to slip over my feet. He saw my struggle and nodded. “Okay, I’ll slow down the tempo for you.”

            With the pace slower, I was able to incorporate the various moves. I made funny faces and Eunhyuk-hyung laughed to himself. I ended with my chicken squabble. He clapped slowly. “Very good, Jinki. I believe we’ve got it.”

            We started to go back to the stage. “Now remember, I know my other hyungs would have their own tricks up their sleeves and we won’t be outbeat. I’m determined for us not to be. You just need to turn up your charm. Leeteuk would teach Minho how to be more charismatic and they may be doing a duet rap. We know that Taemin is definitely doing a dance and maybe Key would be putting on a fashion show. It’s not clear what Heechul-hyung would make Jonghyun do but his strength is singing.”

            I nodded and breathed in and out. It was nerve wrecking. We were the last to arrive and even Yoogeun was ready.

            The host got on stage. “Is every pair ready?”

            We all shouted yes before Yoogeun ran on stage. “I wanna go first with umma!” he begged. Genie was tugged along and the host smiled.

            “Let’s give it up for Jung Yoogeun and Genie!”

 

Y FREE AND SINGLE.

One of their best songs ever.

I'm so excited. ♥