Chapter 17 - DDR - Dance Dance Reject

There's More to Me Than Just Chicken!

 

Genie

            All these interviews would eventually be the death of me. All my answers were lies and I knew I was hurting my ultimate bias with my answers. By now, it was pretty obvious that Onew may have feelings for me. While this would normally make me over the moon, I knew that an idol and fan relationship would never work.

            I sighed. For now, the most I could do was to help him on his way when he was really ready for his relationship. At least I would be for use and not just someone who would be hurting him for no good reason.

            “Who do you think is the most talented in SHINee?”

            I was at a loss. “I can’t say this without offending anyone. I don’t really wish to comment.”

            The interviewer pursed her lips. “Come on! I’m sure they will understand that you had to pick. Go on. Want to choose your bias?”

            “Nope. I think the most talented would be Taemin. He’s a great father with Yoogeun and he can also dance. If you pay attention to his singing lines, you can see that Taemin also has a fantastic voice. I would say he’s the most talented.”

            “Which of his talents do you like the best?”

            “I like his dancing. He’s an amazing dancer. I love watching him move. Yoogeun likes to clap along to the music whenever he sees Taemin dance too.”

            “Ah, so if you could say that the best dancer in SHINee is Taemin, who would you choose as the worse?”

            “Honestly, Onew. He is always so clumsy.” I tried to force the words past my lips. I knew this would be painful for him to hear. “That Sangtae he supposedly invented isn’t really a lie. He’s really super clumsy.”

            The interviewer looked at the camera screen. “Onew-ah, you must really learn to dance better. Even the umma has a complaint!”

Onew

            It was always the world against me wasn’t it? I got mad when I saw the interview. It wasn’t because I thought it was untrue. It was more because I am sick and tired of having my imperfections thrown back in my face. I get it. I’m a weirdo. I’m a klutz. Stop telling me that every five seconds.

            I was also beginning to resent Genie. First, she’s all flirty and willing to be a supposed couple with me and now a few days later, she’s bashing me on television. This was going to be my last attempt. Ever. I tried so hard to dispel the chicken image, and now the clumsy image is still here.

            It didn’t matter how manly I tried to be, apparently, all of this was just in vain. I drummed my fingers against the table and tried to think of my next move. I’ve tried to be charismatic like Minho. I’ve tried to learn from Jonghyun. I imitated Key. All I had left was Taemin. He was my last resort. Otherwise, I’d have no choice.

            I sat and wondered how in the world I planned on copying him. The interview floated back to me and I had an eureka moment. I stood up and knocked on the maknae’s door.

            “Taemin-ah? Are you sleeping?”

            He opened the door and smiled. “Nope, I was trying to get my homework done. What’s up, Hyung?”

            “Can you teach me how to dance?”

            At this request, Taemin’s eyes widened. “Don’t we have training for that? Silly Hyung. You know that we cannot debut without knowing how to dance. If you want tips, then I can offer you some.”

            “How do I get to your level?”

            He took a deep breath. “Does this have anything to do with the interview Genie Noona was on? I hate for this to turn into a stupid competition. You have your singing skills and MC skills. I can just dance.”

            I shook my head. “Not at all. I really admire your skills. I don’t want to be a competitor. I just want to learn from the best.”

            Taemin smiled a little. “We can go to DDR. That’s one of the ways one can improve coordination.”

Jongkey

            When Taemin told us that Onew had gone to him asking for help with dancing, we knew that our plan worked. All it took was for him to keep changing, keep morphing. He already improved so much. He was learning a way with women and he was also learning how to be charismatic. The only obstacle in his way is his clumsiness.

            Once he put his mind to defeat that, then we are confident, he will be able to keep whatever women it was that he wanted. They would no longer flock away from him and rather, they would all line up to be with him. This was a win situation for him. Although he may be frustrated now, we are confident our hyung would thank us later. 

 

yay it's my birthday and like promised, here's my update ^^