Universal Music

Trust and Relationships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jia somehow had graduated with flying colors, along with most of her friends. Yes, she has friends. I just don't write about them to you guys. She now works at Universal Music. One of the biggest music company in USA. Or the world. She holds the position as a composer and she's been writing songs for many singers of the American industries or sometimes, the company will sell her songs to another company at the other side of the world for. 

Working for singers, performers that is known by all over the world is never imagined by her. Over her time of working here, she met almost every performer you could list down in USA. It was crazy. Heck. She's a close friend to some of them even.

She bags her laptop and slings her handbag on her shoulder. Music scores messily arranged on her hands, a pencil between her slim fingers. The roads in California is just the same as in Canada. The roads were clean and coffee shops on every corner. But of course, California have more......fashion stores? Yep, probably that.

The bell rings as Jia pushed the door open. Immediately, the familiar barista greets her and asks for her orders. Sliding a card towards the cute familiar barista, she gives him a smile, "A hot cappuccino and two of those bread." She points towards the bread and the boy nods, returning her smile.

Within minutes, her beverage and breads were ready for her. She placed them on the table and takes her laptop out. It's kind of a routine for her to write in a coffee shop. Her mind seems to be at peace whenever she's writing in a coffee shop. The scent calms her down.

It's been months since she's been going to this particular coffee shop. She even remembers the barista's name, she just didn't pry into knowing him. She didn't see the point of doing so since she's not going to bother herself with making friends when she's going to leave and the boy is probably still in high school. He needs to focus in studying. Although, they sometimes would have a little talk. Just some random talk.

An hour later, a half page of her music scores were filled with music notes. The shifts changed and the previous barista sits in front of her. She looks up, "Done with work?" The boy nods with a smile on his face. "Yeah. I had to go home early today. Have a project to be done."

Jia stares at the boy, "What year are you in?" He chuckles, "Really now? It's been months since we've know each other and you still can't figure? I'm in my senior year. Graduating in few months. So, are you going to tell me your name?" I guess he's trying his luc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter