PRESENT

Goodbye Days

 

PRESENT TIME.

 

The flashbacks seemed to have brought me back to the past, and now I found myself back inside my little sanctuary. The nurse was sitting beside me on my bed, with tears formed on her eyes.

“That was really tragic.” She commented, as if she couldn’t believe it was a true-to-life story. “But it’s even more heartbreaking to know that Tae Pyung is… you.” She added. I chuckled.

“I grew up to be like this… I didn’t love again because of her. If I couldn’t have her… then I won’t marry anyone else. That’s why I got inside in this place.” I reminded myself, and she heard.

“You don’t have any kids?”

But before I could speak, knocks on the doors were heard.

“Come in!” I yelled. The door opened and I saw a lady in her business suit coming towards me with a bouquet of flowers and a basket of fruits.

“Daddy.” She greeted. The nurse looked at me, puzzled.

“I adopted her.” I told the nurse, and she stared at my daughter.

“Yes. He told me he found me at his doorstep back then. It wasn’t really a big deal about the adoption issue, because I was happy that I got into my father’s arms instead of my biological father’s ones. He abandoned me.”  The lady added. “But anyway, how is he doing, nurse?” She continued.

“He’s fine, as usual.” The nurse replied. “I just wished I could bring him up a juice after the story telling.” She added.

“Oh! Let me get it for him. Where is it?” My daughter volunteered.

“Let me show you.” The nurse offered and then turned to me. “I’ll be right back quickly, okay? No funny stuffs.” She muttered and then both of them got out.

I stared back to the windows, where I could see the beauty of the nature. Anytime now, I would leave this planet. I won’t be able to see them again. I’d be able to forget my memories.

I closed my eyes, and Hae Ra’s image popped up. Then, I remembered my wish back then… on the grotto.

 

I wanted to be with Hae Ra forever…

 

I thought life was unfair. The grotto didn’t grant me my wish. She passed away. I didn’t grow old with her. I lived as if she was here… here in my arms. I felt angered at this fact, but then, something came into me.

 

Maybe the grotto did grant my wish.

 

Hae Ra did die physically… but mentally… inside my heart, my mind… my soul. I am with her… with that she left me… with her memories.

 

Therefore, I am with her forever.

 

I smiled, and felt my delicate skin feeling cold. I wanted to rest, I mused. I listened to the surroundings, and then everything fell into a hush.