Dinner-party

When Ace Wu Came To Life

*Warning, contains swearing

Listen to: Party by GLAM

“So, Kris, how long have you and Ah-ri dated?” Jiyong casually said while stabbing his steak.

“About three months.” Arianna said, butting in.

“I was asking your boyfriend my dear sister, not you.” He said while chewing on the piece of meat viciously.

“Well it’s our relationship. And don’t talk while your mouth is full. It’s disgusting Jiyong.” She smiled sarcastically after chewing on a piece of broccoli.

“Ah-ri, address your brother like you’re supposed to.” Her mom reminded.

“Okay OPPA.” She stressed on the formality with a whiny voice. Jiyong smirked and continued abusing his steak, preparing it for consumption.

“So, Kris, you’re part of a group? SM’s group right? What’s it called again?”

“EXO. I’m in the Chinese subgroup though, EXO-M.” Kris said plainly, nibbling on the baby corn.

“Oh, so they had the lame idea of splitting a group into two? Just so it could have a ‘different concept’ as it may seem.” Jiyong taunted while holding up a piece of asparagus and popped it in his mouth.

“Jiyong, don’t be so intimidating.” The mature woman commented.

“Sorry eomma. By the way, I heard your group is nominated for the MAMA awards later this month? You think you’re gonna win?”

“I think so. I don’t see why not.” Kris said.

“I think not. And I clearly see why.” He teases.

“And why is that Jiyong-ssi?” Kris challenged.

“Your group doesn’t have much talent. Just looks and expensive clothes. Barely expensive. That penny-pinched company you work for re-uses everything. I wonder why you guys even debuted, you are a bunch of—”

“Jiyong stop it! Everytime I come home, you tease, taunt and bully me. But I cannot sit here and observe that you’re doing the exact same things to my boyfriend. Okay, I know that I can’t sing, and we both know very well that I can’t dance. I know I’m talentless but never, and I mean never, say that EXO, or my boyfriend, is talentless just because they’re new and from a rival company.” You stood up and shouted. This was enough.

“I’m only messing with you in the past. And I’m just saying facts my sister. Pure facts.” Jiyong’s smile resembled that of a Cheshire Cat.

“Jiyong, Ah-ri! Stop being so childish in front of our guest!” Mrs. Kwon exclaimed.

“Eomma, I just want to get things straight. I don’t like Kris for Ah-ri.”

“Well I don’t like you getting in the way of my choices.” Arianna hissed.

“I just want to make sure my sister doesn’t date an a-hole.”

“I have never been, or will I ever be, an a-hole. No need to call me names Jiyong-ssi. I treat you, your sister, and your mother with respect. Please do the same for me as well.”

“I know. Okay. You’re not an a-hole. But your group may be~” He cooed.

“Okay that’s it Jiyong. Enough.” Their mother warned.

“How about we settle this like how it’s supposed to be. We’re both idols, leaders, and rappers. How about a rap-off?” Jiyong stood up as soon as he finished his food.

“Are you ing serious Jiyong?! A rap-off? You call him an and insult his group and solve this with a ing rap-off?” Arianna shouted with venom laced in her voice.

“Stop swearing Ah-ri! Gosh.” Their mother face-palmed.

“Precisely my sister. Shall we proceed to the living room Yifan?” Jiyong beckoned.

“Sure Jiyong-ssi. You apparently don’t know who you’re up against.” Kris said confidently.

“I should say the same to you Duizhang.”

Kris, GD, Arianna, and Mrs. Kwon headed to the living room.

“Why do I have to deal with this in my own house?” Mrs. Kwon sat down and rubbed her temples.

“Because you have me and oppa as your children. I am saying sorry in advance mom.” Arianna hugged her mother.

“Ah-ri pick a song.” Jiyong threw the iPod in her direction. She missed and it fell onto the rug.

“Jiyong, you know I can’t catch!” Arianna picked up the fallen gadget and started scrolling. “Love on Top? Beyonce.”

Kris chuckled and GD gave a dissatisfied stare.

“A song with a rap.”

“Look at Me Now. Happy?” Arianna threw the iPod to GD and he plugged it in the speakers.

“Let’s do this.” GD

“Yellow model chick, yellow bottle sipping
Yellow Lamborghini, yellow top missing
Yeah, yeah, that look like a toupee
I get what you get in ten years, in two days

Ladies love me, I'm on my cool J
If you get what I get, what would you say?
She wax it all off, Mr. Miyagi
And them suicide doors, hari kari

Look at me now, look at me now
Oh, I'm getting paper
Look at me now, oh look at me now
Yeah, fresh than a motherer” GD started off flawlessly. Arianna nodded along to the rhythm.

“Lil nigga bigger than gorilla
'Cause I'm killing every nigga that try to be on my
Better cuff your chick if you with her, I can get her
And she accidentally slip and fall on my

Oops, I said on my
I ain't really mean to say on my
But since we talking about my
All of you haters say hi to it, I'm done” Kris followed suit, saying the words rapidly.

Both of them took a breather. Arianna was fidgeting her fingers.


Ayo Breezy
Let me show you how to keep the dice rolling
When you're doing that thing over there, homie

 

“I’m going to put an end to this.” Arianna stood up and went between GD and Kris. She paused the iPod.

“Jiyong, Yifan! This is ing mental!” She shouted.

“Sissy, it’s not mental. We’re just seeing who’s better.” GD reminded.

“Okay, want to see who’s better?” Arianna played the music once again.

Aye, aye, aye, aye, aye, aye
Let's go

“Cause I feel like I'm running and I'm feeling like I gotta
Get away, get away, get away
Better know that I don't and I won't ever stop 'cause
You know I gotta win everyday day, go

She didn't really really wanna pop me
Just know that you will never flop me
And I know that I can be a little cocky, no
You ain't never gonna stop me

Every time I come a nigga gotta set it, then I got it go and then I get it
Then I blow it and then I gotta shred it
Any little thing a nigga think that he be doing
'Cause it doesn't matter 'cause I'm gonna dada dada

Then I'm gonna murder every thing and anything
A bada boom a bada bing, I gotta do a lot of things
And make it clearer to a couple niggas that I always win
And I gotta get it again and again and again

And I be doing it to death
And now I move a little foul, a nigga better call a ref
Everybody know my style and niggas know that I'm the the best
When I come to doing this and I'm banging on my chest

And I bang in the east and I bang in the west
And I come to give you more and I never give you less
You will hear it in the street or you can read it in the press
Do you really wanna know what's next? Let's go

See the way we all in it, we all up in the race
And you know we gotta go, now try to keep up with the pace
And we struggling and hustling, I said it and I get it
And always gotta do her take her to another place

Gotta taste it and I gotta grab it
And I gotta cut all through his traffic
Just to be at the top of the throne
But I know I gotta have it” Arianna stopped. Leaving the two blonde rappers in awe.

“Come on Kris were going home. Have a nice life brother.” Arianna grabbed Kris’ wrist.

“Bye mom, I can take Jiyong. I’m sorry to say this but, can you put him on a leash?” She hissed.

“I’m sorry Ah-ri. Visit soon okay?” Mrs. Kwon hugged Arianna.

“I’ll visit when Jiyong isn’t around.” Arianna said while breaking the hug. “Dinner was delicious by the way, thanks.”

“Thank you Mrs. Kwon.” Kris bowed.

“Thank you Kris. Take care of my daughter”

--

Listen to: It's Cold by Epik High ft. Lee Hi

Kris and Arianna were once again in the black car. Kris was driving at a steady speed.

“What’s with you and Jiyong anyway?” Kris asked.

“Childhood stuff.” Arianna replied, bored.

“Tell me.” Kris urged.

“No. I’m sorry.”

“Come on, I’ll listen. I’m your boyfriend.”

“No you’re not.”

“Yes I am, it’s still nighttime.”

“Okay, it’s just.. Long story short, everything Jiyong does is always better than what petty feats Ah-ri can do. He became an idol, I became a licensed psychologist, parents still won’t give two s about me. He’s always better. But his rapping technique .”

“He gave you a hell of a childhood and all you can do is comment on his rapping technique?”

“Well it really .” She let out a chuckle. Kris laughed along.

“Hey, I know how to make you feel better.”

“What? Go for ice cream?”

“Before that. Shout through the window.”

“Why?”

“Just shout out all your problems.”

“Again, why?”

“It helps.”

“Wha—“

“Do I have to do a demontstration?”

“Please do.”

“Okay.” Kris opened his car window. “Why can’t EXO come back yet??! We’re coming back soon! And when we do, we’re gonna kick some !”

“Atta boy.” Arianna clapped.

“Your turn princess Kwon.” Kris opened the other window for her.

“Jiyong is a skunkbag! He’s no rapper! He’s a y brother! He’s so y he endorses a lipstick brand!” Arianna shouted whilst smiling widely.

“Preach babe, preach!” Kris encouraged.

“Haha, thanks Kris.” She kissed his cheek.

“Thanks Mommy.” Kris kissed her forehead.

“I love you so much oppar.”

“Did you just call me, phftt, oppar?” Kris burst out laughing.

“Yeah. Tonight I let everything go. I’m a new person and I had always wanted to say that. No more Ah-ri ‘Jiyong’s Sister’. I am Arianna Kwon PhD. Kris Wu’s girlfriend and mother to Ling and Ace Wu!” She shouted out the window.

“So I’m really your boyfriend?”

“Just for the night. Relish it Daddy.”

“Oh I will.” Kris smiled while driving.

“Just remember, things will be different in the morning.”

“I know.”

Kris speeds through the night. Arianna falls asleep.

They reach the apartment and it’s already one in the morning. He carries her up the steps, into his apartment. Sets her down the bed next to a sleeping Ace and Ling, takes off her heels and drapes a blanket over her. He kissed her forehead goodnight

He takes a warm shower and changes into loose clothes. He fluffs the throw-pillow on the couch and drapes his blanket over his own body while lying down.

Unconsciously, he feels a trail of moisture down his cheek. He smiles, only his lips curl up.

“Of course, things will be different in the morning.” He mutters to himself.

He closes his eyes. He hopes when he wakes up, she’s still going to be his girlfriend.

A slim chance, but he holds on.

But when she doesn’t, he’ll make sure one day, she’ll be the girl he stays with. The one he’d settle down with, marry, and have an alpaca for a son and a cat for a daughter. It’s going to be the good life.

“I’ll do it tomorrow.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Kiara here. I'm so happy that I had the whole day to myself. Classes were suspended today, a miracle for my university. Also, I'm congratulating my student/co-author for writing this entire chapter *cheers*! Thank goodness I found this kid. Also, feel free to comment, not forcing you though, just want to see how it's going. Thanks again so, so, so much.