The Finder

When Ace Wu Came To Life

 

Listen to: The Chaser by Infinite

Kris drove his car fast and furious, as if he was in the real movie. He was rushing to go to SMent. His black Bugatti’s engine was roaring as he stepped on the gas.

Ten minutes into the drive, he almost hit someone. A girl with large eyes, Kris was about to shout at her when he realized, he sped up at a red light. The girl simply bowed. Kris wasn’t able to see the girl properly because of her scarf obstructing her face. The girl simply bowed a sorry and walked off.

Kris shrugged off the girl but moments later, he kept thinking.

Where have I seen that girl before?

He finally found where he wanted to go. He parallel parked like a boss in an empty space and stepped out of the black car.

He quickly rushed and barged into the SM building.

“Sojin-noona! I need your help! Is So-Man sajangnim in?” Kris panted as he spoke.

“Yes and Kris, it’s your day off, why are you here?” Kris ignored the receptionist’s question and slammed her desk.

“Damnit! Where is Lee Soo-Man!” Kris angrily shouted.

“He’s upstairs. What do you need him for?” Sojin was trembling at Kris’ tone.

“Nothing I just wanted to talk to him.” Kris breathed, he shouldn’t be angry at the receptionist.

“And you have to shout at me and slam the table?” Sojin asked calmly.

“Sorry, I’m in a rush. Thanks Sojin-noona!” Kris waved as he ran to the elevators. As soon as he went into the elevator, he couldn’t stop thinking about Ace and his ‘mom’.

The elevator stopped at the seventeenth floor, where the CEO’s office was. Kris quickly paced out of the elevator and knocked harshly on the door.”

“Sajangnim! I know you’re in there! Open up!” Kris heard loud music he couldn’t quite make out.

“I’m busy! Who are you anyway?” A man from inside asked.

“It’s Wu Fan, Sajangnim! Open up! It’s urgent!”

“Look, I already gave you the day off, and don’t think of having a raise.”

“It’s not that! It’s urgent!”

“I said I’m busy!” Kris lost his temper and kicked down the large wooden door.

“Look! I need to find someone and—“

Listen to: Crash by BAP

Kris found the CEO dancing to BAP’s Warrior, he had his blonde wig on and all, and he was trying to do Zelo’s rap part , not until Kris barged in.

“It’s not what it looks like.” The CEO said with wide eyes. He paused the video on his flatscreen and quickly removed his blonde wig. But he still had a full Warrior outfit on.

“Okay it is what it looks like. Okay you caught me, this is why I won’t let you comeback, and you can’t compete with this hot group right now! They’re the best, absolute, perfect!” The CEO tossed his blonde wig into the air and caught it again, landing on his balding head.

“I’ll pretend that hadn’t offended me. I just want to talk to you.”

“About what Wu Fan?”

“There is this girl, who gave me a stuffed alpaca in China, and she looks like this. Can you help me find her?” Kris handed the previous drawing to his boss.

“But isn’t this girl Japanese? And what the-- a suffed alpaca? Stop making up stories Wu Fan, I bet you aren't even friends with her. It’s Hatsune Miku ahhhh!” The CEO screamed and got his onion stalk lightstick from a random drawer and started to dance around.

“Please, this is important! This girl, she, she…”

“What Wu Fan is she important to you?”

“She’s my girlfriend!” Kris spat out, he was really angry right now that the CEO wasn’t taking him seriously. Now the CEO who was foxtrotting all over his office stopped. His Hatsune Miku-induced smile was wiped off his face. He put down his onion stalk lightstick and put on his coat.

“Did you just say you have a girlfriend? And it’s this girl?” The CEO waved the drawing of Arianna in front of Kris. “You know you’re not allowed to have a girlfriend Wu Fan. How can you disobey me?! And to top it off, your girlfriend is my precious Hatsune Miku…” The CEO trailed off, Kris struggled to keep in a laugh.

“Look sir, I lied. She’s not really my girlfriend; you weren’t taking me seriously so I wanted to get your attention. See I found this kid on the street and he couldn’t remember anything. All he remembered was, the last time he saw his mom, they were in China. He doesn’t even remember his mom’s name or his; he just knows her surname is Kwon. So I went to the police station and hired a sketch artist to draw whatever the boy could remember and this is the result, I think the girl is some sort of a cosplayer. And she must be worried sick about her son so please sajangnim, help me find her.” Kris told a story that was half-truth and half-lie. But the CEO bought it and wiped tears from the corners of his eyes.

“Okay. I’m going to post this photo of her on the website. I really wish that you find her soon.” The CEO patted Kris’ back and smiled at him. Kris smiled too. “And now, if you’ll excuse me, I’d be resuming my business, should we keep this a secret Wu Fan?” The CEO whispered to Kris as he put on his blonde wig.

“Of course boss.” Kris smiled and left his office.

Kris stepped into the elevator with a lighter heart. At last, he has a larger chance of finding Ace’s mom.

He took a glance at the picture of the drawing in his phone.

“They’re right, you’re really pretty. How come I’ve never noticed you when you gave Ace to me? And I think I’ve seen you before. Even before that incident at the airport. Who are you mystery girl?” Kris asked the picture.

He wished it would miraculously answer him somehow. The elevator bell dinged a signal that it was time for Kris to step out and find the person he’s looking for.

“I’ll find you soon mystery girl.”