Work Day

When Ace Wu Came To Life

Listen to: Beep Beep by SNSD

Miànjù shàng huàzhe xiǎochǒu bùshì yī zhǐ lǎohǔ

Wú shí wú kè de wéixiào cóng méi biànguò jiǎodù

Arianna’s phone rang. She got up from the bed and reached for her phone, in her purse, on a bedside table.

“This isn’t my bedside table.” She said to herself. She looked around.

“This isn’t my bedroom.” She stepped out of the bed and looked around. She saw the clock hanging on the wall as it read a clear and judgmental 7:30.

“Oh, shoot I’m late for work!” Arianna picked up her cellphone.

“Hello?”

“Dr. Kwon Ah-Ri from Qingdao?”

“Yes, speaking?”

“Oh, Doctor, are you going to come to the Hospital today?”

“Yes, I’ll be there, give me thirty minutes please.”

“Yes, doctor.”

“And may I ask. Who is this?”

“Oh, I’m Lee Yeon Young, I’m the directress of your department Ari-ssi.”

“Ah, okay Miss Lee. I’ll be on my way. Thank you.”

“Good to hear from you Dr. Kwon.

“Sooooo, is the other sleepyhead up?” A small voice squeaked.

“Yes Ace, I’m up. Now, will you give mommy fifteen minutes? I have to get ready for work.” She rubbed the last of the remaining sleep out of her eyes.

“Sure, and daddy just left a half hour ago. He told me to tell you he’s made breakfast and to tell you good luck on your first day.” Ace made a fighting sign.

“Aw, thanks squish. Now, go watch TV in the living room okay?”

“Yes mum.”

 

Arianna rushed to get herself ready. She went to her own apartment (of course, you wouldn’t want to shower in another bathroom other than hers) and wore a simple dress but has paired it with cherry-printed tights and black Chucks. She got her backpack full of her stuff and went into Kris’ apartment to check up on Ace and eat the said breakfast.

“Mmmm, your dad makes good quesadillas.” She said with still full.

“Good thing you liked it. He burned his thumb making one of those.” Ace replied.

“Oh? Too bad. I’ll check up on that when he gets home.” She finishes the remaining breakfast and kisses Ace on his forehead. She picks up her cat, preparing to move her into the other apartment. Ling reluctantly complies.

“No mommy, she’s staying here. I can take care of her.”

“You sure squishy? Her food’s at my place.” She pet the sleepy feline.

“Oh, dad just bought another bag this morning, she’s already fed. And besides, I want to play with my sister.” Ace gets up from the couch and turns of the TV, going to Arianna’s side to play with the cat.

“Alright. Now be good to your sister. No fighting. I love you both, bye!” She waved and went out of the house.

She ran to the bus stop three blocks away and checks the time, 7:52. She boards the bus and hurriedly finds a seat. The bus arrives at the destination and she gets off. She walks the remaining distance and enters the building labeled SNUH.

“Well, this is the place.” She whispered to herself.

She walks in at the front desk. She sees a lady, middle-aged, and definitely professional looking.

“Good morning miss. Where is the Neuropsychiatry Department?”

“Oh, it’s in the next building, building four. May I ask of your purpose miss?”

“Uhm, I’m the new psychologist, form Qingdao.” She fidgeted her hands as she was feeling nervous.

She eyed her from head-to-toe. She took notice of the cherry-print tights.

“You certainly don’t dress like one miss. This is a hospital, not a funfair.” She spoke coldly.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I guess creativity is banned from this establishment.” She smiled and looked down. “Well then, I’d be very happy miss if you just tell me where my department is and I can get the heck out of here and out of your sight.”

“Distasteful attitude!” She spat out. She was about to kick Arianna out when directress Lee showed out.

“Miss Jung, Doctor Kwon, is there something wrong?”

“Nothing Directress. She’s just a crazy kid who says she’s in your department. Now please go.” She got up from her seat, pushing Arianna towards the door.

“But she is in my department Miss Jung. Come on Doctor Kwon, I’ll give you a tour.”

Dr. Lee held Arianna’s wrist and tugged at it slightly while giving a sweet smile.

“Dr. Lee, will you need the papers?” She asked as they walked along.

“No need Doctor. Come on, I’ll take you to the wards. You’re assigned on the young audience.”

“As in the kids and teens?”

“From a youth’s perspective, yes, that’s the term. It’s a bit different since you’re the first in the hospital to become a doctor at such a tender age. Well done.”

“Thank you.” She bowed slightly.

“Nice cherry-print tights by the way.” She smirked.

--

“Break’s over. Let’s go!” Suho shouted. All of the boys stood up.

“Now, who’s gonna sing Mirotic and who’s gonna sing Lucifer?” Their manager asked.

“It’s Baek, Sehun, Kai, Xiu, Tao, and Kris on the Mirotic team. While the Lucifer team has Yeol, Han, Kyungsoo, Jongdae, Lay, and Suho.” The choreographer replied. “I’m going out with your managers. Practice the songs and I’ll come back after 30.”

“Oh good. It’s a fair split.” Lay said.

“For you it is. I don’t even get into the same team as hyung.” Sehun whined.

“Which hyung?” Suho asked.

“Oh as if you don’t know, it’s me.” Luhan answered in a rather irritable tone.

“Yeah. HunHan should be inseparable.” Sehun argued.

“Stop with the pairings and let’s just get this over with okay?” Kris said with a smile.

“You’re surprisingly calm.” Xiumin patted the Chinese leader on the back.

“Well that’s because he has a girlfriend~” Chen mocked.

“Quiet you.” Suho warned. “I doubt it. I think it’s just a crush.”

“Yeah yeah. I think so too. So, who’s the girl?” Luhan slung an arm over the blonde’s shoulder.

“A psychologist living next door to me.”

“Ewww, she’s gotta be old. Not interested.” Jongdae teased once again.

“She’s twenty-one. And do you guys know Ace?”

“Like none of us don’t.” Suho joked.

“Yeah, well she’s the one who gave him, I mean, it to me.”

“Ohhh, a fan! She’s gotta be pretty isn’t she?” Xiumin asked.

“Yes. And, I miss her so I’m gonna call her now. Should I put her on speakerphone?”

“Sure! Sure!” All of them chorused.

Kris dialed Arianna’s number.

--

“And this is the x-ray room…”

Miànjù shàng huàzhe xiǎochǒu bùshì yī zhǐ lǎohǔ

Wú shí wú kè de wéixiào cóng méi biànguò jiǎodù

Arianna’s phone rang.

“Oh sorry Doctor.”

“It’s okay Dr. Kwon. Take it. And nice ringtone. Han Geng’s voice is pretty good.”

“Thank you so much.”

“I’ll be in the x-ray room. Wait for me here. I’ll be out soon.”

“Yes Dr. Lee”

 

“Wei?” (Hello)

“In Korean my dear.”

“Oh, Kris, it’s just you.”

“Hey isn’t that Korean already? ‘Wae?’” A new voice chimed in.

“Who’s that?”

“Lay.”

“Oh. Wait, who?!”

“Lay. Zhang Yixing. As in my bandmate?”

“Anyeonghasaeyo.” Lay said

“Oh hello Lay. You’re with EXO. Ah. Wait, can he hear me?”

“You’re on speaker mommy.”

“Ooohhh!” A wave of shouts chorused.

“Yah. Kris, why?”

“Oh, they wanted to hear your voice.”

“Then they’ve heard enough.”

“Aw, don’t be so cranky. Alright. I’ll call you later when you’re not a witch.”

“Wait.”

“What?”

“Thanks for the breakfast. And I hope your thumb gets better soon.”

“Aw, thanks. I love you.”

“Whooooo!” Howls filled the line.

“Sure Mr. Wu. Bye.”

She ended the call when Dr. Lee came back.

“Oh Dr. Kwon, sorry if it took so long.”

“No, not at all.”

“Now, how are your thoughts on measuring a handful of boys’ IQ and mental health?”

“On my first day?”

“Yes. I trust you.”

“Oh. Thanks.”

“Now, are you ready to go to the SMtown building?”

“Wait, what?”

“Yeah, were having patients there. Some kind of house-call, or company call as you may view it.”

“Oh, how many are we going to check?”

“Ah. Twelve boys exactly.”

“Well, I honestly hope it’s Super Junior.”

“Good. You have a knowledge of kpop yourself. A fangirl too! Hoot~” She hi-fived Arianna. “But no. The younger group doctor.” She smiled

“SHINee perhaps.” She let out a nervous smile.

“No silly. They’re only five”

“Oh, that younger group.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dang. I haven't updated for so long. Enjoy :)