Pre-dinner

When Ace Wu Came To Life

Listen To: Tonight by Bigbang

Kris went home as fast as he could. He drove his car rapidly, dodging all approaching vehicles, he thought he broke the speed limit. In actuality, he did. Practice ended at six-thirty and he had only thirty minutes to get to his house in Samseong-dong.

By the time he got home, it was already seven. He let out a sigh of relief and went up the stairs.

He reached his apartment and knocked on the maple door.

“Arianna, open up. It’s Kris.” He said while taking shallow breaths.

Arianna opened up the door for him. He just stood there, drooling over

Arianna.” He huffed out. 

She snapped her fingers in front of the dazed man. “What? Are you just gonna stand there all sweaty in your practice wear or get into something decent?”

“Ah, uhh, yeah. I was just…”

“No time for excuses Mr. Wu, Ace and Ling are in there.” She pointed to his bedroom.

“What do they have to do with…?”

“Just get in there Daddy! Trust your children, they have more fashion sense than you!”

She pushed Kris into the room. He just stood there in the middle of the dark.

“Are you ready for the transformation?” A familiar Greek god-like voice thundered in the room.

“Uhmm, yes?” Kris tried hard not to laugh.

“Meow meow meow meow meow meow?”

“Hush cat, you’re messing up my style.” The thundering voice spoke again.

“Ace, Ling, just get me into my clothes!!”

From the outside, Arianna was watching Spongebob. A few minutes in, she could already hear the screams and noises. They weren’t exactly faint thumps and sounds, but were clear voices, meows, and shrieks.

“Aceeeee! Stop it! I told you I’m ticklish.”

“Meow meow meow.”

“Pin him down my feline sister!”

Arianna sighed. Decency is attained with effort. But in Kris’ case, it involves effort, pants, a shirt, underwear, a stuffed alpaca, an exotic shorthair, and a lot of screams, shrieks, pains, noises, meows, tickling, and a whole lot of ruckus.

Kris came out five minutes later looking pretty decent.

“Whoah.”

I mean, really, a bit over the decency scale.

“You look nice.” The girl who was previously sitting on the couch watching a yellow, porous creature laughing his guts off now stood in awe.

“Don’t I? And thanks for telling me to trust in our children’s fashion sense.” He scratched the back of his neck.

“Haha, thanks. Shall we go?” She asked as she got her purse.

“Sure.” He linked his arm in hers.

“Have fun at Mommy’s house!” Ace waved goodbye at the two.

“Thanks squishy, by the way, cat food’s beside the couch. Give your sister two servings of salmon okay?”

“Okay mom. Have fun, don’t eat too much. You too daddy.” Ace said as he picked up Ling and placed him on the rag in the middle of the room.

“Sure kiddo, you guys have fun.” Kris waved goodbye.

Both of them left the apartment and got into the black Bugatti. Kris drove to Cheongdam-dong moderately. It only takes one hour to get there at a moderate speed. It was pretty quiet so Kris the radio. Linkin Park’s Iridescent came along.

“Oh my gosh. THIS IS MY JAM!!” Arianna shouted and started singing along.

Listen to: Iredescent by Linkin Park

The chorus part was on and Arianna belted out the notes.

“Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failure’s all you’ve known
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go. Let it goooooooooooo!”

“You seem to be having a lot of fun, are they your favorite band?” Kris chuckled.

“Obviously. I like Neon Trees, Boys like Girls, Simple Plan, Queen, and of course, Linkin Park!” She continued to hum along to Iridescent.

“So where does EXO come in?” Kris joked.

“Maybe fifth on the Kpop list and next to Lollipop F on the Cpop list.” She spoke.

“Not bad for a rookie group eh?” Kris said feeling proud that EXO made Arianna’s top ten.

“Sure, not bad.” She smiled.

 

She was staring at Seoul’s Night Life. The city was so beautiful.

“We’re near.” Kris suddenly stated. This snapped Arianna out.

“Oh. Okay.” She said, bored.

“So, I’m your boyfriend for the night?” Kris asked, removing his eyes from the road temporarily.

“Sure. I already told that to them.” She bluntly said.

“Them? The family?” Kris questioned.

“Mom, dad, but he’s out of the country, and oppa.”

“Oh, you have a big brother.” Kris stiffened. He thinks that her brother will be the terror type.

“Yeah.”

“What’s he like? Your mom too.”

“He’s uhmm… unconventional. And mom, she’s really nice.”        

 

“Okay. We’re here. Just stop at that beige house in the intersection. ” She pointed to a rather large house. They stopped in the driveway.

“Now come on out.” Kris stepped out of the car and opened the door for Arianna.

“Wow, they’ve made major changes, it certainly got bigger.” She gaped.

“Aren’t you going to let us in?”

“Sure, let’s go.”

The two of them walk to the front door, passing the front lawn and the porch. She opens the large door leading to the foyer.

“Eomma, opppa, I’m home!” Arianna said as she smiled.

A few clacks of heels can be heard soon after. A beautiful lady appeared between the doors of the kitchen.

“Oh! Ah-ri you’ve grown prettier! I missed you so much! Why didn’t you call us when you were at the airport?” she said as she trapped Arianna in a crushing hug.

“I was busy, I had to go immediately to the hospital to submit my requirements.” She kissed her mother’s cheek.

“Oh, so this is him? The one you told me about? Ah, a handsome one I see. And I heard he’s an idol.” She smiled at Kris.

“Anyeonghasaeyo. Wu Yi Fan imnida. But you can call me Kris.”

“Oh, a nice name. A gentleman too.” She gushed.

“Thank you.” He bowed once again.

“Now, let’s go eat dinner, your brother’s waiting Ah-ri!” Her mother squealed.

The three of them walked to the dining room. A boy was already sitting there.

“Oh, this is Jiyong, Ah-ri’s brother.” She introduced the blonde boy to the other blonde boy.

“Oh, anyeonghasaeyo.” Kris shook hands with him. He was a bit intimidated. He had seen this guy before.

“You too. By the way, I’m Kwon Jiyong, better known as GD. Ah-ri’s brother, and leader of Bigbang.” The older male gave a sarcastic smile.

“Well, I’m Wu Yi Fan, better known as Kris, Arianna’s boyfriend, and leader of EXO-M.” Kris returned with a smirk.

Two leaders at one table, rival companies. One, a veteran, one a rookie, both blonde, all the same.

And they both love Arianna. The one brotherly and the other romantically. 

“This is going to be a long dinner my daughter.” Her mother whispered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okayyyy. GD in dahouuuuuuseee! The leaders are going to fight to the death! Well, not exacly. I hope you enjoyed this. Hey Yanna, shoutuout here! Thanks again for helping me! Keep the comments coming and I love you guys sooooo much!