Don't.

When Ace Wu Came To Life

Chapter 13: Packing

Listen to: Dont Go by EXO

"Are you sure you're gonna be alright?"

"I'm pretty sure. It's just mom, dad, Kristine and Keith." He smiles, shoving a pair of socks in a small pack.

"Oh your siblings. You never told me about them. Well, you know mine and we both know he' didn't leave much of a good impression on us both. So, what are they like?" Arianna folds his button-ups neatly.

"Kristine is six years older than me. She's a lawyer. She handles all my dad's cases as he usually gets into trouble. She's my bestfriend.” He says with a smile. But the smile fades when he continues.

“But only before she went to law school in Toronto. She was born Li Qian and went under the English name shortly after migration. I haven't seen her in a while." He says while zipping up his suitcase.

"Wow." Arianna simply says. Not pushing as she thinks she might open up a sensitive topic on his sister. She noticed that Kris' voice was getting softer and softer as he talked of Kristine. Instead, she diverts the conversation. "So, what about Keith? Is he older or younger?"

"Older. He's only two years older than me. After Jiejie left, I got stuck with him. He taught me everything I know, sans drawing skills." He wiggles his eyebrows and she laughs.

"Cocky prick." She mocks him, hitting his head lightly with a toothbrush.

"Well, Keith was a smart cookie. But he studied fine arts instead. Long story short, he went on his own due to the fact that he was the firstborn son of a conservatively Chinese family and couldn’t take the pressure.” He paused again. Finding it hard to share these3 kind of things with another person but himself. Though, he resumes.

“The business, dad, mom, even me. He went to study in Berkeley. Last time I saw him was exactly four years ago. All of us kept in touch. I was left with mom and dad until I left as well. Following my dreams." He finishes with a rather melancholy tone.

"Then why do you sound so sad? I mean, you're following your dreams. There’s nothing wrong with that.” She says sternly.

“When I left for Qingdao, I was ing happy. I would finally do something that I was good at and I loved it. Plus, I got away form that bloody excuse for a brother named Jiyong. That lipstick-wearing freak." She recalled quite happily, even throwing in a chuckle at the end of her rant.

"As much as I would love to hear about your escape from that lipstick-wearing freak, I ouldn’t deny that I think it's my fault.” He pauses to wrap his head around the words he’s about to say.

“That they split. Mom and dad. Maybe they couldn't take all their children leaving them. Or maybe it's because I was the one who caused them to violate the one child policy. I've been such a bad child. I didn't stay when I should've. And now, it's," Kris sighs "too late."

Arianna zips up Kris' backpack and stands up from the edge of the bed. "Kris, don't blame yourself. It's their mistake not yours.” She envelopes him in an embrace.

“Okay. But hey, I think there’s actually a positive side to this.” He says while hugging the shorter girl.

“What? Meeting your family again?”

“Besides that, I get more hugs from you.” He pulls away to look at Arianna, but still holding on to her waist.

“.” She says amusingly, but places her arms on his shoulders.

“Your .” He retorts with a goofy smile, he rocks themselves around, dancing to the silence.

“Have you always been this cheesy?” She moves her left hand to get Kris’ bangs away from his eyes.

“Have you always been this showy? Just about over a month ago you were denying my love for you. MY love for you. Not yours, but MINE. You don’t even have the rights to control another person’s feelings and thoughts. PhD or none.”

“Well now I do. Especially when my boyfriend is going away. I’ll miss him.”

“Wait, boyfriend?!” He asks as he pulls away from her.

“Yes. And you have no right to refuse.” She says with a smile.

“Wow. Not that I would want to refuse but wow. I thought you weren’t an easy girl.”

“Well, there’s no point in playing hardball with a person you love.”

Kris entwines his fingers in hers again.

“Too bad I’m leaving, I can’t spend Christmas with you or the guys. But this is another reason that I’ll be back. I’m a man of many words and I’m the kind of man that keeps his word.”

“Sure. Plus the fact that we’re not even engaged in matrimony and have offspring are also very feasible factors of your return Mr. Daddy.”

“Ahh, big words hurt.” He jokingly rubs his temples. “Save the clinical vocabulary for the hospital. But keep the daddy. I like it.” He says with his eyes closed.

“Sure thing daddy.”

“Wait. Speaking of which, where are the kids?” He asks while looking around his bedroom.

“They’re sleeping in the living room.”

“Well, shall we have some alone-time cuddling then mommy?” He suggests while doing his signature eyebrow wiggle.

“Nah. The kids might wake up and they’d ruin the moment.”

“Moooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!” A screech fills the air.

“See what I told you?” She says while laughing.

“Ugh, cuddle-blocker.”

“It’s alright. We’ll cuddle later in bed.”

“Ahaaaaaa!” Kris wiggles his eyebrows again.

“ert.” She shrugs.

“Also, aren’t you going to like stop me from going? Like, pleading me not to go, or at least postpone my flight?”

“I’m not that selfish Kris. I already have you. That’s enough.”

“Ahh, that’s cheesier than a Swiss fondue. Thanks.”

“Besides, I could always call Suho when I’m lonely. I got his number earlier while I was examining him. This would be a good time to get to know my bias-wrecker.” She tauntingly teases.

“What??!!”

“Kidding.

“You should’ve just asked me not to go. This is a million times worse.”

“I told you, I’m not that selfish. And I already have one leader on my side.”

Kris kisses Arianna on the cheek. Kris pulls away with a blushing face while Arianna looks quite unfazed. She looks at his eyes for the longest time. But aims for his lips. The lip-lock lasts 5 seconds. Kris counted.

“Wow, with you doing that, I really wish I didn’t have to go.” Kris says while his lips. “You taste sweet, like berries. But I don’t know what kind. May I have one more so I can determine what particular fruit?” He says while puckering his lips.

"You only kiss once under the mistletoe daddy. That's a Kwon household rule we made up." She points to the decoration on top of their heads.

"As of now, I both praise and loathe your early christmas decorating. This is the pure definition of bittersweet.

“Mooooooooooooooooooooooom!!! Ling peed on the floor!” Ace’s voice tears through the apartment walls.

“And, that’s my cue to go.” Arianna prepares to head out the door.

“Way to ruin the moment Ace.” Kris shrugs under his breath.

Arianna runs back and gives Kris another brief kiss on the lips.

“I heard that.” She whispers. And then winks. “And I hope you like mopping up cat pee.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So this is a mixed-feeled chapter. I hope you had fun reading and Happy Holidays!

I'm still in Seoul for SMtown Week. This is my boyfriend's holiday gift <3

I waved one lightstick for each group. f(x) and EXO

christmas wonderland was umfffffffff~

Suho was umff~

SuStal was grrrrrrrrr! (JK, My ship~)

And the food at Boy who cried wolf is really delish (and expensive)! It was really fun ordering a Suho. Suho was yummy hahaha. The menu was awesome!

Once again, happy holidays and talk with me if you can! I don't bite.