Flower Girl Next Door

When Ace Wu Came To Life

Listen to: Here I Am by ZE:A

“Kris, will you be my boyfriend?” Arianna bit on her lower lip and tugged on the hem of her dress.

“Of course I will, I have liked you for a while now.” Kris blushed.

“How long Kris?” Arianna’s eyes went wide, so did her smile.

“Long enough.” Kris pulled her in and went near her face. “You’re not just Ace’s mom anymore, you’re my girlfriend. And soon, my wife.”

Kris’ heart beat faster than any racehorse could run.

Arianna’s hands were cold as Kris held them tightly.

“I like you.” Arianna said softly.

“I think both of us already know that.”

Kris pecked her cheek.

Now he was going for her lips.

Slowly, slowly.

Her pink lips.

“Kris, wo ai ni.” Ariannna softly whispered.

Riiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggg!!

“Oh what the—“Kris let a hand run through his hair.

It was a dream. You dumbfvck.

“Daddy, goodmorning!” Ace cheerfully said.

“Morning Squish.” He said sleepily. He let out a yawn and checked his phone for messages that came in through the night.

 

Kris hyung! Enjoying your days off? Bacon misses you!

-Byun Baekhyun (Mobile)

Hyung, had any birthday___CAKE?! Haha you probably thought I was going to say the S-word didn’t you? Silly namja. Don’t be late!

-Kim Jongin (Mobile)

 

Aishh!!!1 These kids are giving me a headache, they keep calling me gramps. Good thing you’ll be here tomorrow to help me discipline these rascals!

-Kim Joonmyun (Mobile)

Gege, don’t be late tomorrow, you have work :)

Practice starts at 10:30. Take Care. +Panda+

-Huang Zitao (Mobile)

“Oh right. I have practice today.” Kris went up from his bed. He got his towel and went straight for the bathroom.

“But daaaaad! Mom’s moving in today! You should help her!” Ace shrieked.

“But I have work. How’s about you help her?”

“I wish I could but she needs a man!”

“Well you’re manly enough!” And with that Kris shut the door and proceeded with his bathing.

Kris continued with his daily routine, finished showering, dressed up, ate toast today and neglected the usual ramen. He had five hours all to himself.

Yep. It was still 5 in the morning.

He watched Spongebob on the TV and drank his morning coffee.

Ace watched with him as the stuffy clung to his left arm.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Kris went up and looked through the peephole.

It was Arianna carrying a box smiling at Kris. She was actually beautiful without all of her makeup.

“It’s me! Your new neighbor. Daddy open up!” She smiled sweetly through the door.

“Wait a second mommy!” Kris shouted and went to his couch. He took Ace in his hands and shut down the TV. He took his backpack and phone with him.

He went into the corridor and found Arianna carrying the same box. It was labeled ‘Ari’s Stuff’. There were also many other boxes sprawled on the ground, also labeled. She had a peach luggage trolley and a matching duffel bag on the floor. Not to mention she also has a peach backpack. And a kitty-cat at her feet.

“Early much?” Kris asked, amused.

“Yeah.” She set down the box. “I asked the landlady yesterday on how much the rent was, it was pretty reasonable as this building has everything. It’s a bit old, but it has everything!” She said cheerfully.

“It’s the first time I see a girl so worked up about an apartment.”

“I enjoy simple things Mr. Wu.” Arianna said plainly.

“So Mommy, can we help you with that?”

“Please do. But the landlady said she got the basics done in this room.”

“Then let’s go. I only have five hours.”

They all entered the room. Kris carried Arianna’s other stuff and she carried Ace in one hand, and Ling on the other.

“Wow, it’s pretty nice.” They both said. They laid down her stuff. The cat walked around exploring the vicinity.

The entire apartment was white, like a blank canvas. It reminded Arianna of the hospital she used to work at in Qingdao. It felt homey. She started unpacking her stuff and arranging the basic furniture.

“So, you’re okay with this much stuff at your house?”

“No, my brother’s bringing them here soon.” She said as she positioned a painting on the wall. She smiled at the watercolor rendition of her, her big sister, and her big brother.

“Speaking of family,” Kris sat on the couch and tapped the space beside him. “Will you introduce me to my new daughter?”

“Oh! Right. Ling!” She called for the exotic shorthair. “Kris, meet Ling.” She held up the little furball for Kris to see.

It let out a meow and stared at Kris for a long time.

Kris was getting creeped out.

"I hope she doesn't rip off my head." Kris nervously said as he tugged on his shirt collar.

“Why would she rip off your head? She’s just a cat.” Arianna pet the little kitty and set her down on the floor afterwards, letting her roam the apartment.

“So, where do we start?” Kris stood up.

“Let’s unpack. I’ll just organize everything later when my bro brings the other stuff.”

“Okay, let me help you.”

Kris and Arianna unpacked her stuff. She had a lot of weird sh*t.

Kris was unpacking one of the boxes and he found things.

What is this?

A Nuttela charm bracelet?

A book titled ‘Things I want to Punch in The Face’?

22 iPhone cases?

Adventure Time merchandise?

Oh, lots of makeup. Must be for her cosplays.

Hair dye?

Cupcake Dental Floss?

Glow in the dark nail polish?

A Hello Kitty Polaroid cam?

Whoah, this girl’s got a lot of stuff. Weird stuff.

Kris and Arianna continued to unpack and organize for the next few hours. They stayed quiet. The only sounds you could hear in the apartment were Ace’s screams and Lings meows because they were playing and bonding. But Kris and she weren’t.

“So, Arianna.” Kris broke the ice.

“Yeah Kris?”

“I never got to know you. Things went soooo fast yesterday. We met and then suddenly, we’re a family.” Kris said while folding a shirt.

“Yeah so basics? You first.” Arianna softly suggested. “Although I know the basics.”

“Okay. I’m Kris Wu, 22. I’m part of EXO and I’m the leader. I currently work at SM Entertainment as an idol. I enjoy playing basketball. Although everyone says I’m bad at drawing, I consider it as my talent. Lastly I am single with two kids and lives next door to the flower girl everybody would surely love.” Kris smirked at the last sentence he said. “Your turn.”

“Hi I’m Arianna Kwon, 21. I’m a former psychologist at a clinic in Qingdao. I am currently stationed at the Neuropsychiatry Department at The Seoul National University Hospital.  I’m a fan of Kpop and Anime. I enjoy cosplaying as my hobby and I’m single with two kids and lives next door to her bias.” Arianna smiled as well.

Wow, I don’t even know her that much yet I’m so interested.

Is this love at first sight?

“Wow. So, a weirdo like you is actually a psychiatrist.” He joked.

“Yah! I’m good at what I do and I enjoy it. Not like some other people who push a talent they don’t really have.”

“Are you referring to me Doctor Kwon?”

“Yes Mr. Wu, I AM referring to you. Those drawings of yours, they’re something!” She tried to stifle in a laugh but failed accordingly.

Both of them laughed together on the living room floor.

“Hey, Mommy and Daddy are having fun without us! Come on Ling! Let’s have a ticklefest!” Ace screamed at the top of his lungs and charged at the two.

“Horace! Noooo! I’m –hahahaha- ticklish!” Arianna fell over when Ace tickled her tummy. Kris laughed along.

“Meow.” Ling let out the cute sound that signified the beginning of Kris’ demise.

“Ling nooo!” Kris was tickled by Ling on the neck as she brushed her bushy tail along it.

The ticklefest lasted a few minutes and finally it was over.

Kris looked at his watch. It was already 9:30.

“I’m sorry Mommy, this daddy’s gotta go.” Kris stood up and picked up his backpack.

“Oh, it’s okay. Can you leave Ace here with me?” Arianna asked.

“Sure, I’ll leave my number with you in case you need something.” Kris took Arianna’s phone. She tries to stop him from seeing her phone’s lockscreen.

Too late.

Kris chuckled a little while she blushed. A photo of Kris was her lockscreen.

“Okay, I’m going. See you later Mommy. Ace be good to your mother. Bye Ling.” He waved and they all said their goodbyes.

 

This is the good life. Knowing someone would wait for you when you come home.

 

Kris had a smile when he left the building.

He had the same smile while he rode his car.

He even smiled at s when he entered the SM building.

“Hyung, had a happy vacation I see?” Chanyeol remarked.

“Yeah, you’re smiling. It’s scary.” Suho joked.

“Stop it guys. I’m just happy that I got a break from you guys.” He joked along.

Suddenly, Kris’ phone rang.

“Gege, answer it.” Lay suggested.

He picked up his phone as it revealed an unknown number.

Arianna.

“Yeobosaeyo?” Kris said through the line.

“Hey Kris, it’s Ari, just checking if you got there safe.” She said shyly. Kris could picture her blushing through the phone.

“Yeah. I’m here.”

“What time are you coming home?”

“Maybe at seven, I don’t know, why?”

“Ace wants us to eat dinner together.”

“Oh, o-okay, see you later Ari. Take care.”

“You to Kris, don’t stress yourself.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

Kris ended the call and found elevn pairs of eyes staring at him.

“New girlfriend?” Chen asked.

“No!” He denied almost too quickly.

“Defensive much gege?” Luhan said as he smirked.

“No I’m not.”

“Do you like her?” D.O asked.

“NO. Jeez guys. A man talks to a girl on the phone and then the next thing is loads of questions are asked. What the heck guys? Let’s just practice.”

“Yeah!” The guys cheered.

“We Are?”

“ONE!!” They said in chorus.

They resumed their practice like usual. But there was one thing slightly different.

Kris was smiling.

The bish-faced leader was frickin smiling.

Because of an alpaca leading him to a cat and a girl that he doesn’t like.

But he actually loves.

Well you know what they say:

Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeeee!

Well this is a little, fluffy. So, just enjoy this chapter if you want to.

Thank you again for bearing with me. Oh I can't stop thanking you guys.

Just ohmyyyyyyy :)