New Girl

When Ace Wu Came To Life

Listen to: Nell’s Ocean of Light

“.”

Arianna cursed under her breath as she stubbed her toe on the mahogany coffee table while carrying a box.

“Noona need help?” Sehun says in broken English and takes the box away from Arianna’s grasp. She exhales through and mutters a thank you, again in English.

“It’s okay noona.” Sehun smiled and brought the box to multipurpose room- now turned into a guest bedroom for her sake. Arianna wonders how such a thin boy carry such a heavy box.

“Uhh, no more?” Sehun says with a little bit of difficulty.

“No more.” Arianna grins at his valiance. “Gomawo.” She says in Korean.

“You can speak Korean all this time??!” He shouts, but immediately stops after seeing the girl flinch at his suddenness.

“Yes Sehun. I speak Korean. I am Korean after all. Kwon Ah-ri, remember?”

“Oh right. But you keep using English with Kris hyung so I figured that you were a foreigner with Korean roots.”

“Well, in this household, I think I’m going to use the resident language. Besides, I can adjust.” Arianna smirks as she picks up her backpack on the floor.

“Noona, just out of curiosity, how many languages do you speak?”

“Five. Korean, English, Mandarin, the Qingdao Dialect, and Filipino.” She sticks out her tongue as soon as she saw Sehun’s amazed face.

“Wow, noona is smart.” Sehun laughs.

“Thank you. I think you’re not so bad as well. A bit mischievous though.” Arianna smirks and the younger boy blushes in response.

“Guilty as charged.” He says in English, lisp slightly unnoticeable.

Arianna smiles full on at Sehun’s cuteness. He doesn’t even have to try in order to be cute.

“Noona, are you burdened because you had to move houses just because of hyung?”

“Not at all Sehun. I’m used to moving. When I was in Qingdao, I moved four times in my five year stay.”

“Ohh.” Sehun nods in amazement.

“Okay. I’m done moving my stuff. Thanks for your help Sehun.”

“No problem noona.”

“Kids! Lunch is ready! Kyungsoo made mac-n-cheese!” Suho shouts.

“Oh, better eat. Noona, you should join us.” Sehun beckons her to follow him to the kitchen/dining room.

“No thank you Sehun. I think it would be disrespectful of me to eat with you guys.”

“Nonsense! Eating is not a crime noona. Come on!” Sehun grabs her by the wrist and tugs gently. Arianna nods reluctantly in approval. He then runs to the kitchen, still holding her wrist.

At the table, there were eleven boys sitting, eyeing them both.

“Eat with us Ahri-ssi.” Suho smiles sincerely while Kyungsoo nods, seconding the motion.

“Sehunnie, let go of Ahri-ssi’s wrist. Kris is totally going to kill you when he sees that.” Luhan jokingly warns.

“You’re just jealous that I get to spend my time with noona and not you.”

“Aish kids, can we have at least one peaceful lunch in this household?!” Xiumin shouts but laughs afterward. All of them nod and proceed to eat the pasta silently.

“Jiejie, you know how to speak my dialect right?” Tao asks in Mandarin, breaking the awkward atmosphere.

“Yes Tao. How did you know?”

“I overheard you and Sehun talking. Will you talk to me in the dialect?” Tao asks with wide eyes, clearly excited.

“Sure Zitao.” She replies, speaking as she was asked.

“Yay!” He claps in amusement, earning judgmental stares from the other boys.

“Sorry.” He mumbles.

They proceed to eat the pasta as the boys ask questions to the new girl.

“How old are you noona?” Kai asks, his mouth still full of food.

“Seesh Jongin, manners!” Chen scolds the younger member.

“I’m twenty-one.” She answers straightforwardly.

“Ohhh, but how are you already a licensed psychologist?” Suho questions.

“I might have skipped a few grade levels. Three, four, six, seven, ten, eleven…” Se trails off. Hoping that they wouldn’t find her answer a bit cocky and show off-y.

“Wow! Noona is definitely smart!” Sehun marvels over her academic capabilities while the other members oohed and aahed.

Arianna visibly blushes due to all the attention she’s getting.

“Do you have any siblings?” Lay asks in Mandarin, Luhan translates shortly afterwards for the other members to understand.

“Yes. One. Fun fact, he’s in the industry.”

“Who? Your family name is Kwon right?” Kyungsoo inquires.

“Yep. Well, you have to guess who it is.”

“Kwon Jiyong? Haha, just kidding. You can’t be siblings with Bigbang’s—“

“We have a winner!” Arianna shouts, interrupting Sehun’s guess. Once again, the boys stare wide-eyed at the girl. The Chinese members don’t need translation of what had just been said. Kwon-effing-Jiyong was her brother.

“Okay. Prove it.” Chanyeol smirks, thinking that she was pulling off a prank.

“As much as I hate my brother, I’m still proud to be his sister.” She fishes out her phone from her pocket and opens a file.

“This was from six years ago but you could tell that it’s Jiyong and I.” She shows the photo on her phone to Sehun who was beside her and he chuckles.

“Wow, I really can’t believe that it’s you and GD sunbaenim!”

Chanyeol cranes his neck to look at the picture as well. The boys start passing on her phone until it was finally returned to her.

“So, what was he like as a brother?” Chen asks.

Arianna smiles. She starts telling him how he was a good brother, but only until she was 12. At that time, Jiyong started training and he satrted to- “change. He wasn’t the guy who came home after school greeting me hello with a hug anymore. He barely even went to school. His grades dropped and dropped school altogether. He asked our parents’ permission to train and they gave their full support. He became cocky, selfish, and a brat. Meanwhile, I was the one who got all the awards, all the honors, but never got the attention. Probably because I wasn’t really a part of the family.”

She stopped. Taking a short breather. The room was silent.

“Why? Aren’t you?” Suho asks.

“Well, for starters I’m adopted.” She pauses again and sighs. “And lastly, my brother is G-Dragon. I can’t compete with that. PhD or not.”

“It’s okay noona.” Kai says to lighten the mood.

“Yeah. Thanks. I needed to say that out loud.” She smiles widely.

All of them proceed to talk and discuss about Arianna. They conversed with each other as if they’d known each other for years. They laugh, shout, and joke more about themselves. But suddenly, they hear a crash in the living room.

“What was that?” Suho stands up immediately. “Stay here while I go check.”

“Hyung what if it’s a burglar?” Kai asks with concern.

“If I’m not back in twenty seconds, go out of the fire exit and call for help.”

All of them turn pale with fear.

Suho goes into the living room and finds that the living room chandelier fell from the ceiling.

“Ahh! Sooman’s going to kill us!”

All of them rush into the living room to see the remnants of the light fixture. But only one sees the actual culprit. Arianna tries to hold back but her self-control shattered.

“Ace Wu what have you done this time?!!”

The alpaca plushie rises up from its stiff state.

“I’m sorry! I wanted to play and I was in your backpack and I climbed to the ceiling and swung on the chandelier and it fell down and no I don’t know what to do! I’m sorry mom!” Ace was about to cry when he was saying that. Arianna was silent, wide-eyed.

“Mommy?” Ace asked.

“Mommy?!” Eleven boys chorused through the dorm.

“Okay. This may be a bit surprising but-“ Arianna sighs again. “Meet my son, and Kris’ son, Ace Wu.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ohyeah I'm back! I'm a married woman now by the way. :D Angelica Sadje babyyy!

But still, I'm secretly married to Suho.

Yuss.

Okay. Thanks for reading this update (though it's short and ty).

Thank you. Really.

Bye.