Leaving

When Ace Wu Came To Life

Listen to : And One by Kim Taeyeon

Silence fills the room as Arianna tries to find answers in his eyes. As much as she tries scientifically, there’s nothing comparable to direct questioning.

“Why would you want to leave EXO, Kris?” She asks gently.

“Well,” He sighs. Not sure if he should continue. Arianna rubs his back soothingly.

“First of all, I’m getting tired. It’s unhealthy for a twenty-two year old guy to only have three hours of sleep in one day. It’s unhealthy for a guy to get stressed this much. It’s unhealthy for me to lose hair every time I shower.”

“No, Kris, its hair fall—“

“No! Arianna, it’s not ing hair fall. My hair’s falling out in ing clumps!” He suddenly shouted. Good thing they were the only ones in the room.

“Kris, I’m sorry. I don’t quite understand what you’re saying.” She says in a monotone voice.

“Well, you won’t and you never will!”

Arianna lets out a sigh. “Then let me understand. Let me help you.”

“Well, I don’t need help.” He stubbornly says. “Are we done yet Ah-ri?”

Arianna was surprised. Kris never called her Ah-ri.

“Did, did you just call me Ah-ri?” She said, her voice trembling.

“Am I not allowed to?” He snapped.

“Well, I’m just surprised. You never called me Ah-ri. It’s always Arianna or Mommy.”

“Maybe it’s better that I call you Ah-ri. It’s better to call you a name that I’m not used to.”

“You’re not used to? Kris why?” Arianna softens. No she doesn’t soften for Kris, she herself softens. As if feeling sorry for herself.

“You’re going to be easier to forget, I guess.”

“Forget?” She was really sorry for herself this time.

Arianna stands up from her seat. She turns around for a while. She’s trying to stop her tears from falling. Stupid tears. Why would they fall? She asks herself.

“Ah-ri-ssi?” Kris asks and gets up from his seat. Kris goes to her and sees her sobbing silently.

“I, I…” She couldn’t continue. “Why would you forget me?”

“I’m going somewhere. I think I won’t be back.” He says reluctantly.

“You only think Kris. You don’t know. I know that you’ll be back. For me, for Ace and Ling.” Even she thinks she’s overreacting as of this moment. Pathetic even.

“It’s not just about you and them anymore. It’s about my real family this time.”

“Oh, so you think that because Ace is just a stuffed alpaca and Ling is just a cat that you think we’re not a real family?!”

She bursts.

“I, We, we are! I’m just so selfish that I need to keep two.” He retaliates.

“Then I think that you should go to your real family then.” She mentions coldly and turns away. She’s being selfish. She’d never been selfish in a long time. It feels strange, to feel it again.

Kris forces her to look him in the eye. “What’s the deal Arianna? You were never like this then. You never really cared and simply did this ‘thing’.”

Arianna smiles sarcastically at him. “Well this ‘thing’ that you call, do you refer to the family we have? Our family? Kris, I cared. I just didn’t show it.”

“Then why didn’t you?”

“I was scared.”

“To what?”

“To fall for someone who doesn’t love me back!” She says, out of breath.

Kris is silent. He embraces her suddenly, but ever so softly. Like he wasn’t going to let her go, but he wouldn’t allow her to struggle due to the gentleness he had applied.

“Arianna, you didn’t have to be afraid.”

“Then you don’t have to as well Kris.”

“I’m not afraid. I love you.”

“Okay, I may not be rational when I say this but, I love you too.”

He smiles at her and hugs her again.

“Then stop being rational. But Arianna, I still have to leave.”

“Why?”

“My mom and dad, they’re…” He trails away.

“They’re what?”

“They’re getting a divorce.” He states firmly. “I have to be there, I need to save what I would be losing. I have to.”

“Yes, I understand.” Arianna said, finally composing herself.

“So, I’ll be back soon. For you, for the kids.” He smiled

“No need. I can handle this.” She wiped away her tears rapidly. “I’m sorry I had to go all drama on you.”

“It’s alright. You love me.” He pulls her in for another hug. “And I love you.”

“Forget I said that. You don’t need to come back for us.” She pulls away. “Just as you return to live your dreams. For you. For the boys.”

“I didn’t know you could be this mushy.” He jokes. She laughs a little.

“Well, I’m sorry that I was a burden. Keep safe.”

“Nah, you were never a burden. You helped me, a lot. This isn’t going to end. For Ace, for Ling, for EXO.” He shakes her hand. “I’ll be back. I promise.”

“But take your time. I don’t want you thinking of us when you’re with your parents. But remember, I’m here for you, the boys are too. Talk when it gets too hard.” She advises him. He smiles again.

“Just help me pack, okay?” He takes in her hand in his.

------------------------------------------------------

Hey, sorry if this was a bit angsty and sad. It's to move the story along.

Remember when there were rumours that Kris was about to leave EXO? Well, this is sort of my interpretation of what had happened. But this is pure fiction. By the way, this was really short but I promise to update frequently because it's my holiday break. I'm not going anywhere and staying home. Thanks again.