Work Day II

When Ace Wu Came To Life

Listen to: You Don’t Know Love by K. Will

“Miss Kwon, are you ready to go?” Dr. Lee asks.

“Uh, yeah. I think I’m ready to go Directress.” Arianna nervously says.

“What are you so nervous about Miss Kwon? They’re only boys. Besides, we have five other doctors along with us.” She says, trying to calm down the young physician.

“MALE doctors, Directress. And you’re not even going to examine them.” She argues.

“What’s wrong? Don’t you like EXO? And what’s wrong with being the only female?” She inquisitively states.

“First of all, I like them. That’s the problem. I might get nervous and mess things up. Secondly, well, they’re boys about my age and you know...” She trailed off. Dr. Lee nodded in understanding.

“No need to get flustered dear. You’re only checking their mental health. It’s not a physical exam, if you know what I mean.” She wiggled her eyebrows, teasing the latter. Arianna laughed along with the joke. There’s nothing to get worried about, she thought.

-

Directress Lee called for the doctors needed and headed outside with Arianna. A Range Rover was parked in front of the hospital building.

A total of seven doctors boarded the black car to the SM building in Apgujeong-dong.

As soon as they were seated and buckled, the driver started the engine and drove.

“So Dr. Kwon, introduce yourself.” Dr. Lee urged.

“Hello, I’m Kwon Ah-ri, 21. I just came here from Qingdao and I’ll be happy to work alongside all of you.” She bowed her upper body, unable to do it the traditional way sitting down. The five others returned the greeting.

“Oh you’re the new kid! Hello, I’m Sun Taeji, 30. Congrats on being the youngest doctor ever to enter SNUH!” The man in the white button-up cheerfully greeted.

“I’m Jung Sangwoon. Nice to meet you. I’m 28 but I don’t mind dating a younger girl.” He joked. All of them laughed except the directress.

“I’m Yang Hyukjin. Don’t bother asking for my age. It’s quite rude. Let’s just say my body age is 25.” He said playfully.

“He’s actually 31.” Dr. Lee butted in. All of them burst into laughter.

“I’m Shin Kyowoo.” He offered a handshake to Arianna. She accepted it.

“He’s the shy one. He’s only 26.” Dr. Lee smiled.

“I’m Jong Haechan. I used to be the youngest around here until you showed up. Good luck being the maknae this time Dr. Kwon!” He exclaimed.

“Haechan, how many times do I have to tell you not to shout?” Dr. Lee reprimanded.

“Sorry auntie.” He hung his head low.

“Oh sorry. I didn’t mention that he’s my 23 year old nephew. Quite the talkative one with the loud tone isn’t he?” Dr. Lee smirked.

All of them got close to each other in just thirty minutes. A few puns here, some teasing there, who knew the age difference wouldn’t be much of a complication?

Arianna became especially close to Haechan. She laughed at his jokes and they treated each other like long lost friends. Soon, Haechan ended up insisting that Arianna would call him oppa. Arianna gladly obliged. After all, they’re already good friends/

So all of them arrived at the SM building. Arianna stepped out of the car first as she was nearest to the door, followed by the directress, then the others. Dr. Lee talked to the receptionist and let them in.

“Wait.” The receptionist called out. All seven of them turned around.

“Girl in the black dress and the printed leggings, come here.” She gestured with her hand.

“Me?” Arianna went to the table. She got something from the desk and asked the younger to hold out her hand.

“I believe these are yours.” She put two little pieces of paper on Arianna’s hand. Arianna looked at them.

“Concert tickets?”

“Yep. Wufan said you practically turned yourself in. I’m Sojin by the way.” The receptionist smiled.

“Oh, right.” She whispered, remembering the ‘contest’. “Thank you.” She bowed.

“Wufan got a nice catch.” She smirked. “And fashionable too.”

“Thank you Sojin-ssi.”

“Unnie. Call me unnie. Now, thanks. You are?”

“Arianna. Kwon Ah-ri for short. I’m actually a doctor so if you excuse me..”

“Oh, no problem Ah-ri. Get on your way.” She winked.

Wow, three minutes in and I’m already experiencing Kris without even actually seeing him.

“A friend of yours?” Haechan asked.

“Oh, yeah. She just handed me something.”

“Let’s go Dr. Kwon.” The directress said. All of them boarded the elevator to the third floor where the tests would be conducted.

They boarded the elevator and heard the cheesy music, easing Arianna. She tapped her foot along to the elevator version of “Love like Oxygen”. It was a short ride.

They stepped out and headed into the fourth room to the left. It was a meeting room.

When they went in, 12 boys were seated around a large rectangular table. Arianna immediately saw Kris at the farther end, totally engrossed in his phone. By then, a handsome (though rather short) young man stood up.

“Uhm, hi. You must be the doctors for the mental exam. I’m Suho.” The Korean leader greeted and bowed. The doctors returned the greeting.

“So, Suho-ssi, can you introduce us to the boys, we’ll do likewise after that.” Dr. Lee suggested with a smile.

“Oh, sure.”

So every one of them introduced themselves (sneaking in a good amount of laughter, aegyo, and flirting with her as she was the only young female doctor), well, except for one. In which Arianna was totally nervous. He still didn’t look up from his phone.

“Kris-ssi?” Suho elbowed the blonde.

“Ah.” Kris put down his phone, still not bothering to look up, and bowed. “Anyeonghasaeyo, Kris imnida.” He said plainly, and still managing to not look up and continued his ‘so-called’ important business with that dastardly phone.

So the doctors were up next. The directress went first, and as usual, she was formal. She excused herself as she had to take a phonecall. Then from oldest to youngest. The EXO boys had a good interaction with the doctors. Some of them joked, others teased. They even compared the older doctors to Xiumin and Lu Han, who were similar because all of them looked like false maknaes. Arianna was the last to introduce herself. Kris still sat on the far end of the table.

“So, may we get the name of this fine maiden?” Lay asked her while batting his eyelashes. All of them teased. She blushed.

“I’m Arianna. Well, Kwon Ah-ri by my Korean name. It’s nice to meet you all.” She bowed and all of them clapped playfully at the pretty girl. Kris hear her and tore his attention away from his phone.

“Arianna?” Kris asked loudly and stood up. Arianna looked at him and smiled nervously.

“Why are you here?”

“Mental exam. Apparently, you know of my job. Well, I was assigned here. Why? Are you mad?” She asked nervously.

“Why would I be mad? This is, cool. I mean, you get to see me at work, I get to see you, win win right?” He smiled.

“Wait, you know each other?” Suho and Haechan asked in chorus.

“Guys, let me introduce you to the girl I call ‘mommy’.” He put an arm around Arianna’s shoulder. All of them ‘oohed’.

“Why ‘mommy’?” Haechan asked with anticipation.

“Well, long story.” She removed Kris’ arm around her. “So let’s get this over with. Haechan-oppa, can you get my stuff from Dr. Lee outside?”

“Sure Ah-ri.” He got out of the room, followed by the other doctors. On the other hand, Kris was bothered.

“Did you just call him ‘oppa’?” Kris raised his eyebrow. The EXO boys ‘oohed’ again.

“I don’t have time for this today Kris. I’m working.” She went out of the room to get her stuff herself.

“Jealous much hyung?” Baekhyun asked. Kris replied with a groan and returned to his previous seat at the end of the table.

Meanwhile Arianna was outside with the other doctors, being briefed. It was just a normal mental exam, no biggie.

So they were divided into two. Into K and M. Arianna ended up checking Suho and Kris.

Arianna examined Suho regularly, he turned out fine, just a little stressed.

The others were doing good as well, Chanyeol didn’t really have severe hyperactivity, only slight, and Tao didn’t really have a Gucci obsession. Everything was fine.

Until Kris.

Arianna examined Kris. He was being a good boy this time. Talking only when being talked to, obeying orders. But after the examination was done, Arianna found something.

“Kris what’s wrong? You seem troubled.”

“Well, I’ll be blunt. It’s the oppa situation.”

“Don’t worry. You’re the only daddy in my life. Besides, Haechan and I are only good friends.”

“Oh, okay.” He blushed. But he still seemed troubled.

“Kris, anything else?” Arianna softly urged.

“Uhmm, no. Everything’s fine.”

“Your eyes just shifted. You’re lying. What’s wrong?” She immediately said.

“Well, can I tell you a secret?” He asked softly.

“Sure, whisper.” She went nearer. He whispered.

“Well, I think I want to leave EXO.”

------

A/N

Sorry about the late update. School was ty, life was ty, HongKong was fun though.

Thanks by the way to the awesome readers of this humble literary work (if you'd allow me to call it that). You guys are so patient and I cannot say how much I appreciate each and everyone who appreciates this fic. Thank you deary <3

                  

          The baby daddy and the baby would like to thank you as well! Tell me what you think about the story so far, I'd like to hear from you so badly :)