Raging Hormones

Life As I Know It

 

Kikwang stepped out of his house and shut the door. “Hyosung, why are you here?”

“I told you – I want to sleep here tonight,” I replied. To be honest, I was extremely scared that he wouldn’t let me inside, and I would have to go home alone. It wasn’t just because I was scared to confront my mom again, but the area where Kikwang lived scared the living hell out of me.

“Did Joon tell you where I live?” he asked.

“Yeah, he just dropped me off,” I replied. “Please don’t be mad at him though. I was the one who asked him to take me here.”

“Why would you do that?” he snapped. “Why would he do that? Ugh...”

“Kikwang-ah, look at me,” I pleaded, taking hold of both of his shoulders. “I’m sorry, okay? If I knew...”

“If you knew I lived in this dump, you wouldn’t have come right?” he scoffed, shrugging my hands away. “Well, now you know where I live. So if you want to leave, feel free.”

“I don’t care where you live,” I replied. “I wouldn’t have knocked on your door if I didn’t want to stick around. Besides, what’s so wrong with me knowing where you live?”

“Have you seen this place?” he asked. “What kind of girl would want to hang out here?”

“I would,” I said. “Are you embarrassed or something?”

“I don’t know...” he sighed. “I guess I just assumed you would think differently of me. And to be honest, you’re way too good to stay in a place like this.”

“Well I don’t see you any differently. The place where you live doesn’t completely make who you are, Kikwang,” I replied.

“Hyosung, I really think that-” Before he could say another word, I embraced him and rested my head on his shoulder.

“You didn’t hear me say it earlier, but I think I love you, Kikwang,” I whispered.

“You can’t love me,” he muttered.

“And why not?” I frowned.

“We just started going out...there’s no way you can love me,” he replied. “I don’t want you to say that you love me and then suddenly leave me.”

“You think I throw around the word ‘love’ like it’s nothing?” I said. “I’m not like that, and I’ll prove it to you.”

But it occurred to me that...I would have to leave him. Eventually, I’d have to break up with him before I kill myself. If I told him about my plan, he would never let me follow through with it, so I’d have no choice to but to somehow break his heart or leave him.

But I love him. As of right now, I couldn’t find enough strength in me to tell him never to talk to me again. I think it would hurt me more than it would hurt him.

“I don’t know, Hyosung...I think you’re making a mistake in coming over here,” Kikwang sighed.

“It would only be a mistake if you didn’t let me in,” I grinned.

“Touché,” he chuckled. “Alright you win...you can stay over. Just so you know, I would have been able to send you back home if you weren’t so adorable.”

“Well then I’m glad to be adorable,” I smiled as I followed him inside.

The house actually didn’t look as bad as I expected. In fact, it looked really cozy and welcoming. I mean, it didn’t have a big living room or a second floor, but it looked nice. I wouldn’t have guessed it looked like this just by looking at the outside of Kikwang’s house.

“Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend, Hyosung,” Kikwang said as he led me towards what I assumed was his parents’ room.

“Oh, Hyosung! It’s so nice to meet you!” his mom chirped, rushing over to hug me.

“Dear, you’re suffocating the girl,” his dad chuckled. “I’m so sorry. My wife easily gets excited.”

“It’s fine,” I smiled. “You’re nothing like my parents.”

“I hope that’s a good thing,” Mrs. Lee said.

“Oh, it is,” I assured her.

“You don’t know how much Kikwang has told us about you,” she smiled. “We are so happy Kikwang finally found a girl to accept his..er...mood swings.”

“Yah, they’re not mood swings,” Kikwang snapped.

“Of course they’re not,” Mr. Lee chuckled, patting Kikwang’s shoulder.

“So Hyosung, what brings you here?” Mrs. Lee asked.

“Oh right, I almost forgot,” Kikwang said. “Umm...is it okay if Hyosung stays over for tonight?”

“Umm, sure, but where is she supposed to sleep?” Mr. Lee asked. “We don’t have a couch for her to sleep on.”

“Honey, don’t be silly,” Mrs. Lee whispered. “She’s sleeping in Kiki’s room.”

“I’m what?” I gasped.

“This is why I didn’t want you to come over,” Kikwang sighed.

“Yah, Kiki, that is so rude,” Mrs. Lee frowned.

“No, it’s fine, I probably shouldn’t have come,” I said. “I didn’t know you only had two rooms and a kitchen.”

“Hyosung, don’t worry,” Mr. Lee smiled. “Please don’t be nervous. I mean, we can find a way to make some room. You’re always welcome to our home.”

“Oh...thank you,” I replied, bowing to his parents.

“Kikwang, we’re going to bed now, so make sure you take care of Hyosung, okay?” Mrs. Lee said as she followed Mr. Lee into their room.

“Alright, goodnight,” Kikwang said.

“Look, I can leave if you want,” I said. “I didn’t know I’d be sleeping in your room.”

“You didn’t think I lived in this tiny house, did you?” he smirked. “Well you’re here now, so follow me.”

We entered Kikwang’s room, and I felt a cold breeze blow past me.

“Sorry, we don’t have a good heater,” Kikwang muttered, closing the window.

“I don’t mind, really,” I assured him.

“Here, you can wear these,” he said, tossing me a pair of basketball shorts and a wife beater. “The bathroom is across the hall.”

I nodded and left the room to find where the bathroom was. It wasn’t that hard to find – after all, the house was smaller than your average apartment. Before I entered the bathroom, I noticed a desk with a couple of pictures on it.

“This must be Kikwang...” I mumbled, picking up one of the picture frames. It was a picture of a chubby little boy in what seemed to be a school uniform. I could recognize his eye-smile anywhere.

“Hyosung, is everything okay?” Kikwang called from the room. I jumped in shock and dropped the picture frame, shattering it across the floor.

“,” I cursed, trying to pick up all the pieces.

“What happened?” Kikwang asked, running towards me.

“I was just looking at a picture of you...” I stuttered. “I’m sorry...”

“Don’t worry about it, it’s not important,” he replied, picking up some of the broken pieces. “Go change, I’ll finish picking up the pieces.”

“No, I want to help, just let me—agh!” I winced in pain after getting cut by a piece of glass.

“What did I just tell you?” he sighed. “Where did you get cut?”

“Ahh, there’s a piece of glass in my finger,” I cringed.

Kikwang took my hand and shook his head, “Don’t they teach you basic safety rules in, oh, I don’t know...pre-school?”

“Yah, if you’re just going to make fun of me, I’ll go wash this off myself,” I frowned. “Ah, ...”

“You stepped on glass, didn’t you?” Kikwang chuckled. “Alright, let’s go.”

“Go where?” I asked. Before I knew it, I was being lifted off the floor by Kikwang and was being carried to his room. “YAH, PUT ME DOWN!”

“Struggling will only make the blood flow out faster,” he replied. He placed me on his bed and elevated my leg on a small stool.

“Are you trying to seduce me or something?” I asked, raising a brow.

“I don’t know, can you be seduced by a guy who wipes blood off your hands and feet?”

“Pfft, no,” I scoffed.

“Then no, I’m not trying to seduce you,” he chuckled. “Now give me your hand.”

“In marriage?” I teased.

“That’s funny,” he said sarcastically. “I’d prefer if I got to propose to someone whose hand wasn’t covered in blood.”

“Ouch, someone’s being blunt,” I retorted.

“Why thank you. It’s my specialty,” he grinned. “Okay, don’t move. This might sting.”

Kikwang took a damp cloth and patted my hand. I guess I wasn’t prepared for how much it would sting and accidently smacked him across the face.

“YAH, THAT’S NOT WATER!” I shrieked.

“I never said it was!” Kikwang replied, placing his hand on his cheek. “You didn’t have to hit me!”

“Sorry!” I said. “I didn’t know you were putting alcohol on it.”

“Well what else was I supposed to put?”

“Er...I don’t know...hehe...” I muttered. “But it doesn’t look so bad. No blood, no foul, right?”

“Yah, does it look like we’re playing a game of basketball?” he hissed.

“Sorry, I’ll go get some ice,” I frowned, getting up from the bed. As I was about to leave the room, Kikwang came up from behind me and caught me in a bear hug.

I could feel his breath tickling my ear as he whispered, “Just kidding.”

“You’re such a jerk!” I snapped, trying to break free from his hug.

“But you love me anyways,” he whispered. He started grazing his lips along my jaw line and breathed heavily. I suddenly couldn’t feel my limbs and felt trapped in some sort of trance.

“Kikwang...stop...” I managed to mumble. “Mmm...”

Kikwang let go of me and started laughing. “Was that a moan?”

“NO!” I protested, crossing my arms.

“Seriously, this girl and her raging hormones,” he chuckled. “I didn’t even do anything...”

“Are you going to help me bandage my cuts or not?” I frowned. “Your cheek isn’t even swollen from when I hit you.”

“Alright, I’ll help,” he smiled. “Don’t be mad.”

“Who said I was mad?” I snorted as I sat back down on the bed.

“That look you had just screamed out the word ‘mad’,” he smirked. Before he placed the wet cloth on my cut again, I swung my hand across his face. “Ow! I didn’t even touch you!”

“Woops, my bad,” I smirked. “Is it swollen now?”

“Nope, I’m indestructible,” he grinned, wrapping a bandage around my hand. “Okay, now I’m going to put alcohol on your foot. DON’T. KICK. ME.”

“I can’t promise that,” I chuckled.

“It helps if you close your eyes tightly,” he replied. “I did that whenever I got a vaccination from my doctor.”

“Does that really work?” I asked.

“Why don’t you try it and find out,” he shrugged.

“Fine...” I sighed. I shut my eyes and waited for the stinging to start – but it never came. “Yah, are you going to do it or what?”

“Stop being so impatient,” he replied.

“Hurry up, I’m getting bored,” I frowned. I never felt the cloth on my foot. Instead, I felt his lips press against mine. I could feel his body press against me, and before I could pull away, we were lying down on the bed.

“Mmm...”

“Stop !” Kikwang said, bursting out into laughter. He got off the bed and started laughing on the floor.

“Yah, it’s not funny!” I frowned.

“Just how long can you go without slipping out a moan?” he asked, still laughing on the floor.

“You’re such a child,” I hissed.

“I’m sorry, I just find it kind of cute,” he chuckled. “Do you hate me?”

“...No,” I sighed. “Just hand me that bandage, I’ll do it myself.”

“Okay, I’ll go clean up the broken glass,” he replied, leaving the room.

After putting bandages on my foot, I got up and headed for the bathroom again. I tried on the wife beater which turned out to be a lot tighter around my chest than I expected.

“Ugh, seriously,” I frowned. “On the bright side, I know I don’t have to worry about having the body of a ten-year-old boy.”

I poked my head out the door and saw Kikwang cleaning up the broken glass. “Kikwang...”

“Yeah?” he asked.

“Do you have a bigger t-shirt or something?” I asked. “This wife beater is kind of snug.”

“Are you sure, because—WOAH!” Kikwang said, dropping the broom and dustpan. “Y-Your...um...c-chest...uh...”

“And you said I have raging hormones,” I chuckled. “Do you need help cleaning that up?”

I crouched in front of him and reached for the broom when he stopped me hand. “N-No, don’t bend forward!”

“It’s called cleavage, Kikwang,” I laughed. “You probably had it in your chubby years. Sometimes I wonder how you managed to walk in a club or bar without getting a nosebleed.”

“I’ve never gone to one,” he mumbled.

“But Joon goes to bars all the time,” I replied.

“Yeah, but we tend to have different views on things,” he shrugged. “I wouldn’t be caught dead in a bar or a club.”

“Well, at least I know you won’t cheat on me with a random e or something,” I chuckled.

“Can I trust that you won’t cheat on me?” he asked.

“Hm...I don’t know...Joon is kind of cute...” I teased.

“Yah!”

“I’m kidding,” I grinned. “Let’s hurry up and clean the glass – I’m getting sleepy.”

After cleaning up all the broken glass, we headed back to Kikwang’s room, and I was able to change into a big sweater that Kikwang lent me.

“So...where should I put the sleeping bag?” I asked, looking around the room.
“Who said we have sleeping bags?” he replied.

“Do you have an airbed?” I asked.

“Nope.”

“So where am I supposed to sleep?” I asked. He didn’t answer and just patted his bed. “Er...Then where are you going to sleep?”

“On my bed,” he replied.

“So we’re sleeping...together?” I asked.

“Technically, yes,” he chuckled. “Are you scared or something? Because you shouldn’t be.”

“No, it’s just-”

“You think I’m a ert, don’t you?” he teased. “Alright, I’ll sleep on the floor.”

“But you won’t have a blanket,” I replied.

“Yah, make up your mind,” he sighed.

“Okay fine, you can have the blanket,” I frowned. Kikwang took one of the pillows and placed it on the floor next to the bed. After turning off the lights I hopped into the bed and shut my eyes.

“Kikwang, are you asleep yet?” I whispered.

“You just turned off the lights; How can I be asleep already?” he replied.

“Right, okay...goodnight,” I said.

It must have stared at the ceiling for fifteen minutes, because I couldn’t get myself to fall asleep.

“Kikwang, are you asleep now?” I whispered. I rolled over on the bed to see if he was asleep – and he was. “Damnit, I can’t sleep...”

As it was approaching midnight, I could feel it getting colder than before and started shaking.

“Ugh, I’ll never get to sleep like this,” I murmured. “Kikwang, can I use the blanket?”

I don’t know why I bothered asking, because he was already snoring louder than my dad.

“I know I’m going to regret this...” I got out of bed and tip-toed over to where Kikwang was sleeping. Carefully and quietly, I slid next to him underneath the blanket and pulled it over me. “Finally, it’s warm...”

Before I could shut my eyes again, I felt a pair of arms wrapping around me.

“Yah, I thought you were asleep,” I whispered.

“I told you that you wouldn’t get scared,” he smirked.

“You’re unbelievable,” I hissed.

He chuckled and pecked my cheek. “Goodnight to you too.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

WOAH! Is this an update again? Yes, yes it is :O

Yeah, because of the stupid weather, today was really boring, so why not spend it writing another chapter? xD I'm actually trying to get in a lot of chapters before I go camping again next week, even though I'm not really a wilderness person :s

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed this chapter! :D

- Liana