Observations

Life Threw Me A Curve Ball

 

 

Four months before present day:

 

“I’m so glad finals are finally over. I need this break." Said Yoonyi.

"I know~ I don’t care if its only one week of vacation. I have been waiting for you~” Byul singsongs.

"Now I can relax. Byul has been making us study like crazy." Says Hanna, "Girl you are like a warden haha.”

“Yeah yeah, but you like your grade don’t you?” Byul responds.

“Yes!

Oh, sorry Yoonyi. We know you have to retake the class.” says Hanna softly.

“It’s ok don’t worry. It’s my fault, I wasn’t focusing.”

“I’m sorry you have to go through this Yoonyi. It’s something very painful. It seems like we all have to go through this for some reason.” Byul says comforting her friend. 

“I just want to thank you girls for helping me get over Kris. It still hurts, but I’m so glad I have you two or else it would’ve been really hard.”

“Awe~ Yoonyi of course. You’re our best friend.” Says Hanna.

“Are you going to come to our side now? The 'we won’t look at any boy until after graduation' side?” Asks Byul.

“Yes! I really hate feeling like this, so I think your pact makes sense Byul.” says Yoonyi.

“Of course it does haha.” Byul laughs, “So~ what do you girls want to do this vacation?”

“Well lets just camp at the beach for the whole week.” Suggests Hanna.

“The whole week!?” Exclaims Byul.

“Yeah I think it will be fun. Don’t you think Yoonyi?”

“Yeah”

“But the whole week? How about we leave Wednesday and come back Saturday instead? I need to catch up with my sleep.” Says Byul.

“Ok~” they both whine.

 

~~

 

Byul and Hanna are roommates. They don’t live at the school, but have a cute studio apartment close to it. Just by looking at it you feel cozy and relaxed. A perfurmed powder fragrance fills the studio air. Everything expresses comfort from the soft pillows to the floors they sleep on. Even though they have beds, but nothing beats the cozy Korean floors. Give them a pillow and blanket and they sleep like babies. Yoonyi has been staying with them ever since Kris broke up with her. Byul made Yoonyi move in with them. She wasn’t about to let Yoonyi be alone during this difficult time in her life.

 

The girls sleep like babies for the first three days of spring vacation. Waking up at noon and just relaxing. It’s very rejuvenating. The fatigue was really catching up to them. Especially Byul. She has been working really hard ever since she started college. She is serious when she says she wants no distractions from boys. Therefore she keeps herself really busy. She’s on top of her class and is ranking first in every subject she’s taking because of this.

 

Tuesday comes along and the girls start getting ready for the next four days. They buy food, pack their bathing suits, extra clothes, camping gear, etc.

 

“Ok I’m going to pick up my parents car. Be ready with everything so we can just pack up and go.” Says Byul.

“Neh~ Omma~” Hanna and Yoonyi say in unison.

“Yah!”

 

They make their way to the nearest beach, only about an hour and a half away from their school.

The beach is not too packed or too empty, just the right amount. There are a lot of students there, its one of the most popular and cheapest things to do for spring vacation.

 

“How about this spot?” Asks Hanna.

“Ok, this looks good.” Responds Byul.

The girls start putting up their tent and unpacking their things from the car.

"I'm going to use the bathroom. Anyone else want to go?"

"No, we're ok." The girls say.

While Byul is washing her hands she runs into a class mate.

“Hey Byul. You’re here too?” Asks the girl.

“Haha yes. We didn't have money to go anywhere else this spring break, but it's a good thing we love the beach!”

“Yeah us too. You know we’re going to have a bonfire in a few hours. You can come if you want.”

“Cool, I’ll tell my friends. Where are you camping?”

“You see where those rocks are? Ok you go a little bit further to the left and that’s where its going to be.”

“Ok, then we’ll see you in a while.” Says Byul.

 

 

The girls make their way to the bonfire. Although still day time, but in a few minutes it will be dark. It wasn’t far from their camp site, it took them about ten minutes to get there.

The girls arrive and say hi to a few people and look  for a spot to sit down.

“Excuse me.” A voice says behind Byul.

Byul turns around quickly and sees a too familiar face smiling at her. It’s Chen. This time he wasn’t wearing his glasses, but she could recognize him. He was carrying wood.

“Oh sorry.” Byul moves out of the way. “Why didn’t you girls say he was behing me.”

“We weren’t paying attention. Sorry.”

 

They quickly start the bonfire. A few minutes after its dark and the only light is coming from the bonfre. Byul is sitting down and talking to her friends. Every once in a while other people would join their conversations. It was just a hang out. Some new each other, others only recognized each others faces, but weren’t too familiar.

Byul would sometimes notice Chen. Not that she liked him, she didn’t even know the guy, but there was something there that caught her attention.

She payed attention to how he sat down, how he acted, how he talked to his friends. He was calm and she liked that. She remembered how a few weeks ago she saw him in the library. He seems to take school seriously.

But being Byul she didn’t think much of it and turned her attention back to her friends.

 

~~

 

“Ok here starts the second semester of the year. You girls ready!?” Asks Byul excitedly.

“Let’s work hard. This time with no distractions.” Yoonyi says.

“Hwaiting!!” They all say.

 


*** AN: Hope you all liked this one^^

Sorry if there are any mistakes, I was too lazy to proofread ***