Missing You

Life Threw Me A Curve Ball

 

All though Byul managed to relax a little and did a fairly good job, but she wasn’t satisfied with her work. Everyone else would’ve been extremely happy with the final project, but not Byul. She knew she was capable of more.

She didn’t hate Chen she just didn’t want to be distracted and for her he was a distraction.

They went up there and started presenting their project. She was happy to have him as her partner. He was remarkable, a natural! Since Byul hated public speaking she was amazed at how natural he was. Feelings of guilt started creeping inside her. She felt bad for being a little cold towards him.

The more she got to know him the more impressive he was, but she knew she couldn’t be too friendly.

Chen was always really nice and a gentleman. He wasn’t a flirt. Which she knew from the beginning, she had only said that to make herself feel better.

 

~~

 

“Now that the presentations are over I would like to invite all of you to dinner to celebrate. The whole class is invited. It’s not mandatory, but it would be great if everyone came.” Said the professor.

The class ends and everyone gathers their books and bags and start heading out. Byul is walking down the hall when Chen catches up to her and says,

“Thank you for helping me on the project.”

“You don’t have to thank me I just did what I’m supposed to do.”

“I know, but thanks anyway. Out of all the partners I’ve had you’re the best one.” He says with a smile.

His smile is cute.

“So are you going to the party?” he asks.

“I don’t think I am. I have a lot of studying to do.”

“You have to come it won’t be the same without you and I won’t have anyone to sit with if you don’t come.” He says in a playful tone.

“Haha I see you’re just using me.”

“No! I didn’t mean it like that. I was just jo..”

“I’m kidding. I knew you were joking.”

“Haha cool. No but really you have to come. You can study later and if you want we can study together. You don’t have to worry I’ll help you.”

“Mmm”

“Come on its free food. At least come for the free food.”

“You’re right. Ok I’ll go.”

 

~~

 

A week has gone by since the projects were presented. Weirdly enough Byul was missing Chen, even though he sat right in front of her but now that class was going on as normal there was no time to converse.

She missed working together. She missed those moments of silence together where she could concentrate on her work, only to be distracted by his musky yet fresh sent that lingered in the air.

 

The seventh weeks of school ends and the professor announces. “Starting next week, week 8, we’ll start the second project. I have already picked your partners so I’ll read them off right now.”

“Ok the first team… Haru and.. Hyunwoo. Second team…Kyunghwa and Gaeul. Third Byul and~ … Chen”

 

Byul felt a little warm inside and let out a small smile before erasing it off her face.

What are the chances we’d end up working together again.